Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Illinois Sportsmen it's time to throw a PARTY >

Illinois Sportsmen it's time to throw a PARTY

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Illinois Sportsmen it's time to throw a PARTY

Old 12-09-2008, 03:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Illinois Sportsmen it's time to throw a PARTY

ORIGINAL: C. Davis

I hate to throw a bucket of cold water on the justified glee, but why should sportsman expect anything better in Illinois? I'm not talking about the fact he was a crook because that is a given in Illinois politics. The "progressive"thinkers in Chicago will surely prevail. I don't think that will be good for sportsmen. Is it really going to be a priority for the new "progressive" Governor to change the laws back to what favors sportsman?

C. Davis
You are right! The trouble is most of the votes come from the top North Eastern part of the state, and my bet is there are very, very few sportsman in that area.Percentage wise

Dan
Old 12-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Super Moderator

You are right! The trouble is most of the votes come from the top North Eastern part of the state, and my bet is there are very, very few sportsman in that area.Percentage wise

Dan
Sad but true[&o].
Old 12-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MeanV2

Me and my Cook County hunting buddies would disagree. You check where the hunting licenseesreside?

Percentage of what? As a percentage of all hunters or as a percentage of the local population?

Folks should also remember that ol' Rod stands guilty of exactly nothing. Let him have his day in court.
Old 12-09-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Beau Ouiville
Folks should also remember that ol' Rod stands guilty of exactly nothing. Let him have his day in court.
LMAO!![8D]
I am sure he is guilty of way more than he will ever be convicted of. Did you hear some of his quotes from taped phone conversations? Sounds like he likes the word bleep a lot.

Percentage ofhunters per populationin X amount of square miles in the NE part of state compared to pecentage of hunters per people in the remainder of the State. That's what I was referring to

No Gangs aren't considered hunters[8D]

Maybe I'm wrong but I have spent a little time in Chicago and I never had the impression there were a Huge percentage of hunters there. I didn't say they weren't any.

Dan
Old 12-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think "very, very few" as to hunters in northeast IL is an overstatement.

The sad part is that the attorney ethics folks don't care if you are actually convicted of a crime or not. They can boot you on a rumor. Rod is neck deep in trouble as to his law license.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's sunrise in America!!!

ORIGINAL: sjsfire

ORIGINAL: Orion in IL

Will Pat Quinn be any better?

Having met Lt. Gov. Quinn all I can say is I had a feeling he was a good man. I never even liked the looks of the crook Rod.
From what I understand, Pat Quinn is an outsider from outside the machine, & has even pushed for a "recall" bill to give the voters the ability to recall officials. This was understood as a direct shot @ Blago himself. Everything I've heard about the guy is that he's a real "man of the people". At least moreso than the other toolbags in state office.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've kind of payed attention to the state since the repulicans won a majority every where for sportsman and as a thank you raised you tag prices from something high to the rediculous price of over 500.

I don't think one guy is much to cheer about and isn't it weird that this guy isin trouble?I know he has a history, but his friends have been there before for him. I'd bet one of the guys (more like gal)being shaken down for the nod had something to do with it.

Who's his replacement hmmm ere's a winner
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Quinn_(politician) Constitution shmonstitution, get that thing outa my way.

You guys had no problem with the high price being charged non res. It It only stands to reason that when you side with a pirate you have to suffer bieng prey to the same.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: nodog
You guys had no problem with the high price being charged non res. It It only stands to reason that when you side with a pirate you have to suffer bieng prey to the same.
Actuallyit would be nice if IL put a limit on NR tags like IA and you had to earn 2 or 3 preference points to draw a tag. Then charge a reasonable fee of $200/$250 instead of selling all the permits you [email protected] $500 plus.
Tag sale $$,resident or NR were not intended to fund everything in the state[8D]

It's obvious some must like/love Ol Rod. He did get electedHe's still a crook though, and I hope he gets everything coming to him.

Dan
Old 12-10-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know, I saw Pat Quinn one morning at Dunkin' Donuts on a Saturday and we talked for about 5". He's a great guy and a straight shooter. Yes, I approached him and just started blabbing away like I had every right to talk with the Lt. Gov.

Three weeks later at a reception he even remembered my name; proving he is a good politician. I like the guy.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that you do have the right to approach the Lt. governor. We need more politicians with that type of accessibility.

Quick Reply: Illinois Sportsmen it's time to throw a PARTY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.