Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Opinion from veterans >

Opinion from veterans

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Opinion from veterans

Old 11-05-2008, 11:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Opinion from veterans

One of Obama's plans is to fully integrate homosexuals into the military. Is this an idea whose time has come, or should Obama follow the advice of his top adviser and keep the military the way it is? Personally, I have no military experience, so I can't comprehend the consequences of this.

Consider this a "moving on" thread. I'm ready to discuss President Obama.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Opinion from veterans

I have not heard this from Obama so I don't know if this is a leftover campaign rumor. I am an honorably dischargedveteran of the U.S. Army. I'm sure that homosexuals have served us well in our armed forces in the past. They may have done so in secret, but that doesn't mean they haven't served as well as anyone else. What is it about homosexuals that makes you think they can't? They are people, no better or worse than anyone else. You probably know more of them than you think.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2008/10/31/barack-obamas-military-adviser-says-to-stick-with-gay-ban.html?s_cid=rss:washington-whispers:barack-obamas-military-adviser-says-to-stick-with-gay-ban
Old 11-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

What is it about homosexuals that makes you think they can't?
I never said any such thing! In fact, I said:

Personally, I have no military experience, so I can't comprehend the consequences of this.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Gays have served our country since day one, letting them "come out" won't make things any better
Old 11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

IMO gays should not be allowed in the military unless the military was willing to accomodate. I too am honorably discharged from the navy and I would not want a homosexual man sleeping and showering with me.

Straight men are not allowed to share quarters with straight women.

Gay men or womenshould not be allowed to share quarters with straight men or women.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:54 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Is this an idea whose time has come
NO! Most soldiers have open bay showers, share a room with several others, etc. It's demoralizing, besides opening up a whole 'nother can of worms as far as "sexual harrassment", "hate crimes" etc. are concerned. We don't need that garbage in the military.

Chad
Old 11-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls
I too am honorably discharged from the navy and I would not want a homosexual man sleeping and showering with me.
I don't know you or anything about your military experience, but chances are that did happen to you without any consequence.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:15 PM

but chances are that did happen to you without any consequence.
Yes it did happend and there were consequences.

The person I am refering to wasassigned to be mysponsor (person assigned to show you around)when I arrived on board USS Caron in Norfolk, VA in 1994. Before I knew about this persons homosexuality he offeredto let mestay at his and his wifes (on paper only, extra $$$) house untilI was able to move my wife down there and rent a house so I wouldn't have to stay on the ship every night. I accepted his offer and slept on a blow up mattress in the living room.I started noticing things about him and his mannerismsand after about two or three weeks I was asleep in the living room and this person decided to take itupon himself to crawl into the bed with me. Needless to say that was the last time I was ever in his house.

He was kicked out of the Navy a few months later.

That **** don't fly with me and as far asI am concerned they do not belong int he military!
Old 11-05-2008, 06:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dang it, I posted under my sons user name.

That's me above.

Quick Reply: Opinion from veterans

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.