Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

kids poll

Old 11-06-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kids poll

ORIGINAL: bergall

Um...getting back to the kids poll....

I believe the kids will 'vote' for whomever the teacher has put in the most positive light.
I don't know any teachers who are not liberal, and those views (if not voting preferences)
are passed down to the kids. In some cases, the kids with opposing viewpoints (like the kid who
was educated in the differences between the candidates and was then able to make an intelligent and informed choice to NOT vote for that pig Franken) are penalized by teachers who, like true liberals, feel
they must force their ideology on innocent minds. "Chairman Mao" had it right when he began
the state-sanctioned schooling of all young Chinese...young minds are easy to mold. In 1 generation
he had a loyal population which was on board with the communist ideals. I believe this is what we're
looking at here, if we're not careful. Witness the overwhelming support of "The Chosen One" by youthful
first-time voters...it's the educational system in action, folks.
Our school also voted for McCain, our town happens to be fairly conservative, I schooled my children on the issues also. Isaac came home so happy that he got to vote, and that McCain won.
Josh got home last night after another stay away and he had heard a little girl on the radio the dad asked her who she voted for and she said she voted McCain, when the dad asked her why she said if you vote for Obama it is like giving people a fish, and if you vote McCain it is like giving them a fishing pole so they can always have fish. I thought it was pretty cute. My daughter is 6 and doesn't care about the issues so she told me she just wanted to vote for who I voted for. So we had a small talk on how she doesn't have to vote what I do, just to vote responsibly.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:12 AM

kids often reflect the general attitude of their parents, until they reach such an age that they can grasp the concepts being discussed.

for example, my 10 year old liked obama because my wife and i liked him.

just goes to show you how much power parents have....
Old 11-06-2008, 07:21 AM
Fork Horn

Hope you told your son that McCain is pro-choice and only recently pretended to flip-flop to embrace the ultra-religious-right.

He also supported Bush nomination of pro-choice Chief Justice John Roberts who considers Roe V. Wade "settled law".

If you voted McCain, you voted pro-choice, just like Bush.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:25 AM

really, at this point, i'm surprised that abortion is stillconsidered a top tierissue.

the will of the people has shown that the majority does not want it stopped.

i believe that both propositions on the ballot this year were defeated, were they not? both in south dakota and wherever else it was (i don't recall right now).

Old 11-06-2008, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: david m

really, at this point, i'm surprised that abortion is stillconsidered a top tierissue.

i believe that both propositions on the ballot this year were defeated, were they not? both in south dakota and wherever else it was (i don't recall right now).

Yep, you and I know that, but the radical right still hasn't come to grips with the fact that a republican SC legalized, and has kept abortion legal since 1972.

They still blame Clinton, LOL!

As for South Dakota? The state had only ONE abortion clinic, and the people voted to keep it legal and keep it open.

Abortion as a political issue is OVER, but the radicals (Eric Rudolph and co.) can't admit it.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fodderblade

Yep, you and I know that, but the radical right still hasn't come to grips with the fact that a republican SC legalized, and has kept abortion legal since 1972.

As for South Dakota? The state had only ONE abortion clinic, and the people voted to keep it legal and keep it open.

Abortion as a political issue is OVER, but the radicals (Eric Rudolph and co.) can't admit it.
Let's not drool and bounce like dems are so wont to do nowadays. Neither you nor anybody else
knows the 'will of the people' regarding abortion until or unless it's put to a referendum vote. Until such time, your opinion is just so much drivel and conjecture. I would think that if put to a vote, the people's will might be somewhat demonstrative of a different viewpoint. The fact this is NOT a front-line issue is somewhat strange, considering the Christian majority in this country.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fodderblade

The way you guys talk about this is just sick. In fact no it is not over, because Obama would love to legalize partial birth abortion. Because the states can control certain regulations. You call it far right and wing nut. Go to the website that I posted for Alaska Magnum and look at the truth of abortion for once.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mudhead1s wife

ORIGINAL: bergall

Um...getting back to the kids poll....

I believe the kids will 'vote' for whomever the teacher has put in the most positive light.
I don't know any teachers who are not liberal, and those views (if not voting preferences)
are passed down to the kids. In some cases, the kids with opposing viewpoints (like the kid who
was educated in the differences between the candidates and was then able to make an intelligent and informed choice to NOT vote for that pig Franken) are penalized by teachers who, like true liberals, feel
they must force their ideology on innocent minds. "Chairman Mao" had it right when he began
the state-sanctioned schooling of all young Chinese...young minds are easy to mold. In 1 generation
he had a loyal population which was on board with the communist ideals. I believe this is what we're
looking at here, if we're not careful. Witness the overwhelming support of "The Chosen One" by youthful
first-time voters...it's the educational system in action, folks.
Our school also voted for McCain, our town happens to be fairly conservative, I schooled my children on the issues also. Isaac came home so happy that he got to vote, and that McCain won.
Josh got home last night after another stay away and he had heard a little girl on the radio the dad asked her who she voted for and she said she voted McCain, when the dad asked her why she said if you vote for Obama it is like giving people a fish, and if you vote McCain it is like giving them a fishing pole so they can always have fish. I thought it was pretty cute. My daughter is 6 and doesn't care about the issues so she told me she just wanted to vote for who I voted for. So we had a small talk on how she doesn't have to vote what I do, just to vote responsibly.
It is a nice thing to hear there is some bastion where education has not been corrupted. I live in the
northeast and I've heard stories of 'class trips' to see "Bowling for Columbine" for it's political content.
Sounds like you live in a nice place....