Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

kids poll

Old 11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kids poll

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

I appologize if you have already answered this question. I tried to look around, butmy computer is moving like a snail this morning.

Your statement is similar to what I hear from Obama, but I just don't get it. Please, just forget all the politics for a moment and explain why you do not "support the act of abortion".
I do not feel that the act of abortion is ethically correct in about 99% of cases. Like has been said I believe life begins at conception and it is not right to take the life away from a child. That being said, I understand that there are many other folks out there who feel differently, and, as I can not feel for them I do not feel it is my place or anyone elses (i.e the governments) place to make this decision for them.

So, would I support the act myself? No. But I do not put enough confidence in myself or the government to make this decision for others.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

I do not feel that the act of abortion is ethically correct in about 99% of cases. Like has been said I believe life begins at conception and it is not right to take the life away from a child. That being said, I understand that there are many other folks out there who feel differently, and, as I can not feel for them I do not feel it is my place or anyone elses (i.e the governments) place to make this decision for them.
WHH,
You should stand up for your beliefs.

C. Davis
Old 11-03-2008, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: C. Davis

WHH,
You should stand up for your beliefs.

C. Davis
EXACTLY!!!!!

Wahoo, you believe life begins at conception...... FERCHRISSAKES then, stand up for the life!!!!!! I am sorry, I am trying VERY hard to understand where you are coming from, but I still can not get it.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:10 PM

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

So, would I support the act myself? No. But I do not put enough confidence in myself or the government to make this decision for others.
So you are saying that there is a bit of uncertainty and you may be wrong. I can accept that. BUT, what if you are right??????? Shouldn't we error on the conservative side? So there is some uncertainty...... do you error on saving a life, or the right to "choose"?
Old 11-03-2008, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AlaskaMagnum

. They have allready lost so much, why add any more weight than absolutley neccesary?
And if you insist on 100% parental notification, that is EXACTLY what you are doing to those who chose a different path than the one you take. Giving them even more opportunity to endure abuse.
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. The actual procedure will cause more weight, more pain, (this is not pain free physically or emotionally) and more shame.
So let me ask you have you ever met a girl who had an abortion and did not regret it, it was not painful for them, and that didn't feel even more shame? I honestly haven't.
I am not saying throw them to the wolves, I am saying find another way for them, one that will help them in their healing, one that will not make them take two steps back before they can start moving forward. They have allready had their childhood stripped away, they have allready had to live through more shame than anyone should, by them having the guilt of abortion on their shoulders is only taking away from them.
You mentioned throwing those 5% to the wolves but what about the 95% of unborn babies that are needlessly aborted if the mom would have only been responsible and realized that her choice happened when she had sex? What about the 95% who should have to be responsible for their actions? By all means I am not saying don't help those girls but I am rather saying that abortion is not the answer.
So why have her get a procedure that is going to do her more harm? Why put her at risk for infertilization? What happens when she grows up and wants a baby and is ready for a baby but she can't because of a side effect of abortion? Or is hospitilized as a result of infection from the abortion? Or the bleeding doesn't stop when it should? That is a lot to put such a young girl through. My heart cries out to those girls, and I don't want them to suffer any more than what they allready have.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:19 AM
Banned

If you were on a street corner and a kid ran by and was going out into traffic, would you jump into traffic and try to save him?

If you saw a kid drowning in a pond/lake, would you try and save him?
Old 11-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Banned

wahoohunter

If you were on a street corner and a kid ran by and was going out into traffic, would you jump into traffic and try to save him?

If you saw a kid drowning in a pond/lake, would you try and save him?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:34 AM
Banned

wahoohunter

my point is you'd do what I asked to save a child - their lives are valuable and precious yet you defy the natural protectiveness of a parent and human to side with those wanting to kill a million+ babies a year?

who knows what they believe here and who doesn't ?
Old 11-06-2008, 12:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

Um...getting back to the kids poll....

I believe the kids will 'vote' for whomever the teacher has put in the most positive light.
I don't know any teachers who are not liberal, and those views (if not voting preferences)
are passed down to the kids. In some cases, the kids with opposing viewpoints (like the kid who
was educated in the differences between the candidates and was then able to make an intelligent and informed choice to NOT vote for that pig Franken) are penalized by teachers who, like true liberals, feel
they must force their ideology on innocent minds. "Chairman Mao" had it right when he began
the state-sanctioned schooling of all young Chinese...young minds are easy to mold. In 1 generation
he had a loyal population which was on board with the communist ideals. I believe this is what we're
looking at here, if we're not careful. Witness the overwhelming support of "The Chosen One" by youthful
first-time voters...it's the educational system in action, folks.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:04 AM
Banned

all but 2 voted McCain in my daughters class - the school voted McCain

Arkansas voted McCain

its a regional thing and almost a certainty the big city voted Obama - the difference in Rural vs Urban

Quick Reply: kids poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.