Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

kids poll

Old 10-30-2008, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: kids poll

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Obama couldn't even come out and say that late term partial-birth abortion is WRONG and dispicable in every instance. I wish every pro-abortion person in this country (Obama included)was made to sit in on a partial birth abortion procedure and had to look at and maybe even hold the baby that was just ripped limb from limb and murdered. Count the fingers and toes. Open the eyelids and see the eyes that never got to see. Maybe have the blood of that little child running though your fingers........ That is the way it should be, because I believe the blood of that child is on your hands anyway.

Oh sure, it's just a mass of cells........ NOT!!!!! Abortion is legalized murder and nothing less. Other than the legality, it is no different than the inner city woman that has her baby and dumps him/her in a dumpster.
Obama said in the last debate that he was against late term partial birth abortion. I love how you left out the last part of his stammerings. He is trying to sit on the fence with this issue[:'(]

Nice try at an emotional plea, however, we're not on the religious forum and we're not discussing ethics; we're speaking about a political platform and the fact remains that pro-choice does not mean one supports the act its itself.
No they support the woman who supports the act itself and legally that makes you a co-conspirator/guilty by association.

Not to mention the fact that like many things there will be many loop holes that will allow women to recieve partial birth abortions when in fact it is not medically neccesary. Just like a gastric bypasssurgery and tell me that there aren't loop holes. Many women have recieved this procedeure when not medically neccesary and the insurance comp. are forced to pay for it because they wouldn't stick to their diet and excercise regimine.
Old 10-31-2008, 12:04 AM

Obama said in the last debate that he was against late term partial birth abortion.

Nice try at an emotional plea, however, we're not on the religious forum and we're not discussing ethics; we're speaking about a political platform and the fact remains that pro-choice does not mean one supports the act its itself.
Really? Are you willing to go in and hold the "mass of cells" that just happens to look exactly like a new born baby, only broken and torn into pieces? Come on tough guy, you should have no problem with that. By the way, have you ever held a new born baby seconds after he/she was born? I have done it four times. It is the absolute most amazing thing one can experience.

Several years ago, there was an abortion issue that was on the ballot in WA state. Some people had signs made that showed pictures of aborted babies. What did the pro-abortion people say?........ "That is offensive!" Seriously, the act and those that support it are offensive, they just don't want to look at the reality of what they are doing.

Wahoo, don't try to bring religiion into this, it is not a religious issue. And who says we are not talking about ethics? Is murder an ethical question?

Answer just one question. Since you seem to support his answer, WHY do you think Obama says he is against late term partial birth abortion? Be specific. I'm patiently awaiting your answer.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MN/Kyle

If it came down to Obama and Scooby Doo, I'm with your two year old.
Old 10-31-2008, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Obama said in the last debate that he was against late term partial birth abortion.
Hey, did you know that John McCain is against the war in Iraq?
Old 10-31-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: cascadedad

Obama couldn't even come out and say that late term partial-birth abortion is WRONG and dispicable in every instance. I wish every pro-abortion person in this country (Obama included)was made to sit in on a partial birth abortion procedure and had to look at and maybe even hold the baby that was just ripped limb from limb and murdered. Count the fingers and toes. Open the eyelids and see the eyes that never got to see. Maybe have the blood of that little child running though your fingers........ That is the way it should be, because I believe the blood of that child is on your hands anyway.

Oh sure, it's just a mass of cells........ NOT!!!!! Abortion is legalized murder and nothing less. Other than the legality, it is no different than the inner city woman that has her baby and dumps him/her in a dumpster.

LOL!! Obama also claims he is pro 2nd amendment.
Old 10-31-2008, 06:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

It should not be legal for a minor to recieve an abortion without parental consent. My daughter cannot walk into a store and buy cigarettes until she is 18. She cannot buy lighters or lighter fluid until she is 18. She cannot buy nail polish remover with acetone in it until she turns 18. She cannot buy alcohol until she is 21, yet many on the democratic ticket want my daughter at 16 to be able to legally make a decision without her parents on a matter of life and death. You call that "putting more faith in Gov." I call that looking out for the teenage girl.
Sometimes you sit down to your key station and really nail your thoughts to the wall in ways that are very powerful. Excellent post.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:13 PM

ORIGINAL: mudhead1s wife

It's called a ceasarean birth, and the doctors do what they can to save the baby. It is candy coated and it's bull. I believe Obama also voted that underage girls should be able to get abortions without parental consent or notification. And what happens when this teenage girl doesn't stop bleeding and is afraid to go to her parents in fear that they will find out? And you think abortion is a good thing?
You know, in general, I belive you are right. IN GENERAL. Of course, in your scenario, you leave out the obvious. Some girls are IMPREGNATED BY THEIR OWN FATHERS, their mother's boyfriend's, etc.? Think it's rare? Oh it's not mainstream, but it is certainly not THAT uncommon. Most facilities for sexually abused girls are overflowing, there is a waiting list for the girls who need treatment. The lucky ones get a room and have to stay for months on end to get some help. The unlucky ones get sent to foster homes until there is an "opening".

I challenge you, have you ever been to a mental hospital for teenaged girls? Have you? Have you ever spent time there, played a game of chess or monopoly with the girls? My wife volunteered at one for a few years to help out a neighborhood girl who was victimized by her stepfather. I went with her sometimes, and got to know some of the girl's and some of their stories. I promise you this, what our country does to it's children is dispicable. Some of these girls have been sexually abused by the very people who are suppossed to protect them since they were 12 or 13.

So, you area fourteen year old girl who is being sexually abused by your no good father, and he impregnantes you. What do you do? Your mother won't back your story, and if they kick you out, where do you go?Also, there might be drugs in the home, and then what happens if you tell someone and the police go find stepdaddy has a stash of heroin in the nightstand? So please do NOT tell me "go to the authorities" because you are correct. These are kids, and they don't have the mental acumen to accuratley guage the consequence of purchasing a pack of cigarettes. Hell, most people can't stand up to an abusive boss, so don't tell me how a thirteen year old girl should just buck up and have the courage to turn in the only parents they have ever known.

Have you ever been a foster parent? Do you know how these kids come in? Do you know how awful the foster parent system is for these kids? Do you know how scared they are? How little they come to your home with? No clothes, no music videos, nothing familiar or anything that they can call their own. Have you ever seen howthey expect nothing good from people? They trust no one, because they have no reason to trust anyone. Have you ever tried to win the trust of an adolescent like that?

It's all jello and pudding for the Republicans. I agree with you that in most cases, the parent should know. However, I also know damned good and well that some kids DON'T have that option. What do you do about them? I really want to know, how do YOU handle that situation that happens thousands of times every day in America.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:35 PM
Fork Horn

I thought I would stay out of the blog today, until I read this post from wahoohunter,
I hope you will explain to your child that, a child has two parents, and not only is the mother killing her child, but another person's child also. Our goverment might not want to judge the woman for kill her and someone else's baby, but there is one that will judge, one day

ORIGINAL: mudhead1s wife

I was looking through the school work that my daughter brought home today and one was a Weekly News Reader. It was on elections and had a picture of Obama and one of McCain. It said John McCain wants to be president. He is a Republican senator from Arizona. He has worked to help people in his state.
Bootom of page gives info on the white house.
Barack Obama wants to be president. He is a Democratic senator from Illinois. He has worked to help people in his state.
Bottom right hand corner: Teachers: Every student gets to vote in the weekly reader Presidential Election Poll. Look at page 3 of your Election Kit, or go to www.weeklyreader.com to see how to participate.

It says that over 125,000 young students and teens voted and Barack Obama won, it then goes on to say that the poll has been right 13 out of the last 14 presidents.

I plan on calling Ariel's teacher tomorrow and asking what kind of facts are presented to the kids, is it from script? Or do the teachers use their own descretion?

This prompted a discussion with my 8 year old, and I asked him, would you vote for Michele Bachman or Al Franken, he said Al Franken cause I heard a lot about him, he has a ad where he is teaching. So I said do you know what he stands for? He said no. So I explained the differences to him, and then Isaac said Oh I wouldn't vote for Al Franken then mom because he thinks it's okay to hurt babies and I used to be a baby. Here is how I explained abortion. I told him that when a woman has a baby in her belly she doesn't always want to keep that baby because she isn't ready for a baby. He then asks than why did she get a baby in her belly? My reply was that she made a mistake, was misinformed, she wasn't thinking about her consequences. "OH" So then I said that sometimes women who are pregnant decide to get what is called an abortion. An abortion is when the doctor performs a medical procedure that makes the baby die. He then said so they kill the baby? Why don't they give the baby to someone who is ready and will love it? And I'll stop there.

He then asked about the president? I said the president does not believe in abortion. He then asked about the canidates. He said I am definately voting John McCain. I then had to remind him that he couldn't vote. He's still unhappy about not voting.
Did you explain to him that "son, Barack Obama (unless you've spoken with him personally) may not support abortion and that he only believes that it is not the government's job to make the decision women"?? Did you explain to him that, "son, John McCain is putting more faith in the federal government than he does in the women of America including your own mother" ??
Old 11-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

whoaa, I just found this thread again after a couple of days. i apologize for those who i offended, however, I will not apologize for knowing what many of you seem to fail to grasp: the actual meaning of pro-choice. I myself do not support the act of abortion and I'd like to hope that I'm never involved in such a situation, however, I do not believe it is the governments job to make this decision for women which makes me pro-choice. So for those of you saying "will you hold the cells" blah,blah, blah that is just irreleveant because I do not support the act itsself.

and, whoever said this isn't a ethics case or what not, thats exactly what you all made it when you said "would you hold the cells" or "its a baby being killed." No, that's not what I'm talking about, i'm talking about the political definition of pro-choice. some of you still can't seem to get that
Old 11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm talking about the political definition of pro-choice. some of you still can't seem to get that
Correction: What you're doing is splitting hairs. If you vote for something, you are in support of it. Period. No amount of technobabble can get around that.

Quick Reply: kids poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.