Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

For Real

Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

Default For Real

ok, i've been reading all these posts about obama trying to take our guns away. this is my question. i'm only 18, and contrary to popular belief, i damn sure don't know everything especially about politics. i'm not trying to stir up trouble here, i'm just asking an honest question that i'm concerned about. can obama seriously ban guns in four years? i mean is that possible? i can see them running up taxes on ammo and guns so high we can't afford them but i guess i can't see how they could ban guns in that short a time. just curious.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:11 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For Real

Yes he can ban guns very fast especially with and all Democrat house and senate.
I think it will start not long after he is in office.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: rifle_man

Yes he can ban guns very fast especially with and all Democrat house and senate.
I think it will start not long after he is in office.
With the congress rubber stamp he will have, he can do an awful lot. Im not so sure he will out right ban them. That could cause way too much civil unrest. But what he can, and has proven he will do, is tax the hell out of them. 500% tax on fire arm sells as well as 500% on ammo sells. He will also allow lawyers to file wrongful death law suits agianst gun companies. That alone will drive lots of gun buisnesses out of buisness.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Typical Buck

If he takes over, the house and congress can and will, do it quick
Old 10-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

If obamas elected, his party( democrats) will control the house of reps , the senate and the white house . They can do almost anything they want.

Clinton banned guns his 2nd year in office , see- http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?page=awb ,why would obama be any different? He gets an F rating from the NRA and has voted for every anti gun legislation he could in the senate. biden too.

If this isnt enough proof, I dont know what is, at this point?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 PM

ORIGINAL: StruttinGobbler3

ok, i've been reading all these posts about obama trying to take our guns away. this is my question. i'm only 18, and contrary to popular belief, i damn sure don't know everything especially about politics. i'm not trying to stir up trouble here, i'm just asking an honest question that i'm concerned about. can obama seriously ban guns in four years? i mean is that possible? i can see them running up taxes on ammo and guns so high we can't afford them but i guess i can't see how they could ban guns in that short a time. just curious.
OK, whilethe fact that you can not findthe "shift" key leads to support your claim to being a teenager, your admitting that you don't know everything proves otherwise. Sorry, some things are a dead giveaway.

Seriously, I think we are going to find out just what Obama is capable ofsoon enough. It is not going to be pretty.
Old 10-30-2008, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

No. A "ban" of guns isn't happening anytime soon. Even if someone wanted to, the weight of the Supreme Court would have to change, and that isn't likely to happen in 4 years. Obama may get to select 2 justices, but they'll replace justices that dissented in Heller v. D.C.

What I DO think we'll see in 4 years is a new assault weapons ban, for sure. And the one that's before Congress right now, authored by a Congresswoman from NY, is much more troubling even than the last one was. Obama has also stated at various times that he supports a ban on handguns and a ban on semiautomatic weapons. The handgun ban won't happen. The semiautomatic weapons? Who knows. If Congress can outlaw AR-15s, I guess a semiautomatic rifle can be outlawed. The Brady campaign has also set their sights on outlawing what they call "sniper rifles." Like the phrase "assault weapons," siper rifles is grossly misused. Among the guns the Brady bunch considers sniper rifles are guns like the .30-06, .308, etc. That doesn't mean that the Bradys will neessarily get what they want, but the only other time they've had any real influence over Congress was when the Democrats controlled both the legislative and executive branches back in the '90s.

I don't doubt that we could see some high taxes on ammo in the next 4 years if there are folks who really support that. I have still yet to see where Obama does.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:06 AM
Banned

presidents have immense power to have & or get things done

that doesn't mean there isn't checks and balances but with the Dem House and Dem Senate it sure opens almost unlimited doors for Obama to do what he wants done

Obama is nothing, you have to understand he's never done anything, the Powers that put him where he is and paid to get him there will want compensated, and he'll have to do their bidding in some form/fashion

Be afraid when your president is ranked an F by the NRA

Join the NRA - its the least thing you can do
Old 10-30-2008, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

Dems got slammed in elections when they openly campaign on gun control. But WHEN IN OFFICE, they can do what they couldn't run on. IE, they won't tell you that when they run, but when given power, you bet they will try their best to enact strict gun control.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Griswold

No. A "ban" of guns isn't happening anytime soon. Even if someone wanted to, the weight of the Supreme Court would have to change, and that isn't likely to happen in 4 years. Obama may get to select 2 justices, but they'll replace justices that dissented in Heller v. D.C.

What I DO think we'll see in 4 years is a new assault weapons ban, for sure. And the one that's before Congress right now, authored by a Congresswoman from NY, is much more troubling even than the last one was. Obama has also stated at various times that he supports a ban on handguns and a ban on semiautomatic weapons. The handgun ban won't happen. The semiautomatic weapons? Who knows. If Congress can outlaw AR-15s, I guess a semiautomatic rifle can be outlawed. The Brady campaign has also set their sights on outlawing what they call "sniper rifles." Like the phrase "assault weapons," siper rifles is grossly misused. Among the guns the Brady bunch considers sniper rifles are guns like the .30-06, .308, etc. That doesn't mean that the Bradys will neessarily get what they want, but the only other time they've had any real influence over Congress was when the Democrats controlled both the legislative and executive branches back in the '90s.

I don't doubt that we could see some high taxes on ammo in the next 4 years if there are folks who really support that. I have still yet to see where Obama does.
A Hand Gun ban can happen if they can make people believe the AR-15 is and assault weapons when it is a semiautomatic rifle not an automatic rifle like Clinton told people.
Why would you think they could not ban the semiautomatic hand gun like the 1911 pistol it has ties to military use? To me if they can make people believe the AR-15 is and assault weapon, they can make people believe anything.

Quick Reply: For Real

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.