HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Plot Against Obama (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/270427-plot-against-obama.html)

C. Davis 11-02-2008 08:58 PM

RE: Plot Against Obama

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

They've got rumors floating around on college campuses that say kids who vote at school will cause their parent's taxes to go up or they'll lose their resident status, or lose their financial aid, stuff like that. Or rumors that if you have outstanding traffic tickets and go to the polls that you'll be arrested. By putting bad voting machines or not enough machines in certain precincts that are heavily Democrat they cause long lines and hope that most of them give up before voting. And they've got phony flyers going around in some places, Virginia for one, saying that due to heavy voter demand, they have to split the vote up with GOP voting on Tuesday and Democrats voting Wednesday, which of course means the Democrats show up a day late and don't get to vote.

Republicans are just as famous for voter suppression as Chicago Democrats are for voter fraud.
If they are falling for those tactics they are pretty stupid. I also find it odd that all the bad voting machines always end up in precincts run by democrats (after a lost election.) It also gets me that the most downtrodden, poverty stricken, repressed people have had democrats representing them for years and years. I am beginning to think they are getting bad representation.

C. Davis

BigTiny 11-02-2008 09:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

They've got rumors floating around on college campuses that say kids who vote at school will cause their parent's taxes to go up or they'll lose their resident status, or lose their financial aid, stuff like that. Or rumors that if you have outstanding traffic tickets and go to the polls that you'll be arrested. By putting bad voting machines or not enough machines in certain precincts that are heavily Democrat they cause long lines and hope that most of them give up before voting. And they've got phony flyers going around in some places, Virginia for one, saying that due to heavy voter demand, they have to split the vote up with GOP voting on Tuesday and Democrats voting Wednesday, which of course means the Democrats show up a day late and don't get to vote.

Republicans are just as famous for voter suppression as Chicago Democrats are for voter fraud.
First, if you are a college student and fall for that line of BS, then you need to be kicked out of school on the grounds of overwhelming stupidity.

I live in a place where voter suppression should be rampant, yet it is not. Nobody believes that democrats vote on Wednesday, and even if they did, that would be dispelled on Tuesday morning when the church bus rolled up to take them to vote. Suppression has gone the way of the buffalo.

CalHunter 11-02-2008 11:26 PM

First, if you are a college student and fall for that line of BS, then you need to be kicked out of school on the grounds of overwhelming stupidity.
BigTiny
Ditto. People who are that easily duped (read stupid) probably shouldn't be able to vote either. IMHO, I think that anybody (Republican, Democrat, etc.) who violates voting laws (suppression, false registration, etc.) should be prosecuted, do jail or prison time and forever be barred from voting or having anything to do with the voting process. Voting is one of the bedrock rights of our country and its' integrity should be protected at all costs.

I hope the 2 morons who plotted to kill Obama are locked up for the rest of their lives. Regardless of what I think about Obama's politics, integrity or potential presidency, it is plain wrong to murder another person and American citizens would pay a dear price for such stupidity.

You think gun laws are bad now, just think about the predictable aftermath of such a murderous event. All of us gunowners would get screwed big time, thanks to a couple of idiots who shouldn't be allowed to walk around outside of prison. Of course it wouldn't be just gunowners who get screwed.

If you don't like the current version of the Patriot Act, just imagine what Congress would come up with to prevent such an occurrence from happening again. Out basic freedoms as Americans would likely take a severe hit for the stupidity of a couple of morons and be moved several steps closer to a police state. And yes, although I'm a cop, do not want to see that happen. I'm an American first and believe in the sanctity and necessity of ALL of the Bill of Rights and other basic American freedoms that too many of us take for granted and not enough American soldiers ever get properly thanked for.

bergall 11-04-2008 09:07 PM

ORIGINAL: CalHunter

BigTiny
Ditto. People who are that easily duped (read stupid) probably shouldn't be able to vote either. IMHO, I think that anybody (Republican, Democrat, etc.) who violates voting laws (suppression, false registration, etc.) should be prosecuted, do jail or prison time and forever be barred from voting or having anything to do with the voting process. Voting is one of the bedrock rights of our country and its' integrity should be protected at all costs.

I hope the 2 morons who plotted to kill Obama are locked up for the rest of their lives. Regardless of what I think about Obama's politics, integrity or potential presidency, it is plain wrong to murder another person and American citizens would pay a dear price for such stupidity.

You think gun laws are bad now, just think about the predictable aftermath of such a murderous event. All of us gunowners would get screwed big time, thanks to a couple of idiots who shouldn't be allowed to walk around outside of prison. Of course it wouldn't be just gunowners who get screwed.

If you don't like the current version of the Patriot Act, just imagine what Congress would come up with to prevent such an occurrence from happening again. Out basic freedoms as Americans would likely take a severe hit for the stupidity of a couple of morons and be moved several steps closer to a police state. And yes, although I'm a cop, do not want to see that happen. I'm an American first and believe in the sanctity and necessity of ALL of the Bill of Rights and other basic American freedoms that too many of us take for granted and not enough American soldiers ever get properly thanked for.
We are an embarrassment unto ourselves. For the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed to be an Amerikan.

Icetrey 11-05-2008 05:55 AM

Well the thing about voting on Wednesday has been floating around on text messages for awhile. Pretty fun someone would believe it...

ipscshooter 11-05-2008 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Icetrey

Well the thing about voting on Wednesday has been floating around on text messages for awhile. Pretty fun someone would believe it...
Anyone who would buy that is extraordinarily stupid and probably shouldn't have been voting in the first place...

lpv77 11-05-2008 07:57 AM

That happened to my friend! His name wasnt on the list! Something is not right here!