Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 McCain & Obama neck and neck >

McCain & Obama neck and neck

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

McCain & Obama neck and neck

Old 10-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default McCain & Obama neck and neck

The Gallup poll of likely voters shows Obama 49% and McCain 47%. This difference of 2% is within the margin of error of this poll. Thus, according to this respected poll, it is a toss up as to who will win. Of course, as far as I know, this poll is directed simply at the majority, and presidents are not determined by majorities but rather by the electoral college.

Still . . . does someone smell a rat that the mainstream media and some of Obama's cheerleaders on this forum are already calling it for Obama, as if his election is a fait accompli? Sorry, guys! It is kind of like a sporting event! Arm chair quarterbacks and pundits can predict all they want, but in the final analysis the game -- and the election! -- has to be played to determine the result. Often there are surprises -- like the NY Giants over the Patriots in the Super Bowl or the Cleveland Browns over the NY Giants 35-14 in this past Monday's football game.

It is anybody's election.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:10 AM
Banned

Default RE: McCain & Obama neck and neck

blacks will turn out in mass numbers to vote on skin color alone

whites won't

that is the difference in the election
Old 10-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

actually, gallup has two different models, one with a 2 point spread and one with a six point spread. the former is based on a tradional presidential super-voter model, the latter based up a broader "present intention to vote" model. the true number is probably somewhere between 2 and 6. the poll does not reflect any impact by the last debate.

regardless, that poll reflects the best mccain results in several weeks. it is indeed still a ball game.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

whites won't

I don't think it will happen. Most of them won't care who wins as long as their checks come. I think the inverse will happen, I more whites will show up to vote based on skin color.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

The Bradley effect will showup
Old 10-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

whites won't

The weather will have as much to do with turn out as anything up here in the cold, snowy, raciest north western PA.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:54 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

The Bradley effect will showup
+1 That's what I think will happen too. Right there... Right at the last second.... People will go, "Um.... No.... {Click}" ...and will hit the button for McCain.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

1 That's what I think will happen too. Right there... Right at the last second.... People will go, "Um.... No.... {Click}" ...and will hit the button for McCain

Not to mention the fact he has a racist wife and never saw a tax hike he didn't adore
Old 10-17-2008, 10:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

What I don't understand is the poll showing Obama with a 15 point lead yesterday. I see another today on drudge of mostly democrats indicating Obama by 2%. I still think McCain will win. America can't have THAT many sheeple, can it? Spread the wealth!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

The bradley effect will certainly play a factor. Republicans, while finding it a repugnant and unfortunate fact of life, must count on it to increase McCain's chances for success.

I do not see 'blacks' staying home this election. That voter base is too energized by the ground-breaking
presentation of a black man as a possible occupant of the white house. I don't see it as too racist in this regard anyway...the dems always got about 95% of the black vote anyway which just blows me away;
Dr.Martin Luther King was a Republican, Abraham Lincoln (of Emancipation Proclamation fame) was a Republican, the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan were constituted of southern Democrats opposed to black emancipation.... What are they thinking ? I guess parasitism transcends pride ?

Quick Reply: McCain & Obama neck and neck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.