Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair >

Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Don't remember this getting much press attention in Europe, and it's been out since September:

Report: Rev. Jeremiah Wright Has Affair With Another Man's Wife
Barack Obama's former pastor has been cavorting with another man's wife, whom he romanced while she worked at a church in Dallas run by one of his disciples, according to a report in the New York Post.

FOXNews.com
Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Barack Obama's former pastor has been cavorting with another man's wife, whom he romanced while she worked at a church in Dallas run by one of his disciples, according to a report in the New York Post.

Elizabeth Payne, 37, told the Post that she and Rev. Jeremiah Wright, 67, had a sexual relationship this year and that she was fired from her job when the affair was made public. Payne had been working at Friendship-West Baptist Church as a secretary to the Rev. Frederick Haynes III, a longtime Wright protege.

"I was involved with Rev. Wright, and that's why I lost my job and why my husband divorced me," Payne was quoted saying in Tuesday's newspaper. She said she has filed a wrongful-dismissal claim with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

According to Payne's estranged husband, Fred Payne, 64, Wright e-mailed Elizabeth Payne and told her he was going to leave his wife, Ramah, for her.

Wright married Ramah more than 20 years ago after he unsuccessfully provided marriage counseling for her and her former husband.

Fred Payne said members of the church, including Haynes, would not be pleased about the interracial aspect of the relationship.

"People wouldn't be happy to know that my wife was sleeping with a black man," he said.

Click here for the Wright article in The New York Post.
[/align]
Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

relevance?

Old 10-16-2008, 10:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

A well-off celebrity minister having an affair? What a surprise.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fellas get real, this kind of stuff ain't gonna stick so you might as well give it up. If McCain can't beat Obama on the issues with the public he will lose the election. Nothing else will save him.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dunno, repeating the same couple of themes over and over worked pretty good against Kerry. If folks had pounded the Wright/Ayers thing over and over starting last Fall, Obama would probably not even be in this race.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

About a decade agoJimmy Swaggart,white TV preacher, got caught withpostitutes twice. One old gal said that she would not allow Swaggart near her daughter.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think if Hillary wasn't being annointed as the next president before the first primary vote was even cast, Obama would have never gotten to where he is today. Just NO way. Now he very well might go all the way less on his own merit, and more by the failures of someone else named Bush. Obama must have a bunch of lucky stars over his head I tell you!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, he certainly is doing a great job of campaigning against Bush.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

we are supposed to care why again?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Because Wright is like a bad car wreck, you just gotta slow down and watch.

Quick Reply: Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.