Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair >

Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Old 10-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

we are supposed to care why again?
The public loves a scandal surrounding a "religious" figure. I'm intrigued as to how a conservative Christian faces a ruined career, whereas a liberal Christian is able to tarry on as though nothing has happened.

To me, all that matters is the person's repentance, and the state of that is judged only by God. So, Charlie, I guess it is interesting in a worldly, societal way, but in the religious context, it should only matter to God. I guess there is a third, interpersonal aspect as well, between the person and those effected directly by the scandal. I feel for the victims of this kind of behavior.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Like with Swaggart, Wrightand any of the others, I think their whole lives are a scam based on the endorphin release of POWER. If they truly beleived what they were spouting, they'd live a straighter life. Heck, most or at least halfNONRELIGIOUS men can stay committed to marriage without shlepping with someone else. You'd rightfully expect even more from a leader of a church.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

relevance?
In case you haven't noticed, the thread is about Jeremiah Wright having an affair with someone, and since he is a political figure, I don't see what's irrelevant.

Also, I suppose if kathaksung is relevant and deserves a slot on this forum, I believe a thread concerning actual facts isn't problematic.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:12 AM
Banned

its expected, it predicted, its organized religion .... you're mixing huge amounts of money with God and that is NEVER good, only corruption and evil can come from it

the Bible tells you that if you'll read it
Old 10-17-2008, 07:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeremiah Wright is a political figure? What office does he hold? Heck Bush held phone conferences every Monday with a religious figure that preached against homosexuality that went to male prostitutes and did Meth.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

This has no relevance, this is a completely dishones and disingenuos individual, obama has been coated with teflon so he can't stick to him.. Oh yea Obama went to his church for 20 years and said he never heard an outrageous sermon or wasn't influenced by him. Then one must ask why bother going to a church for 20 years if it has no influence on your life. Of course certain posters here didn't let me down when they somehow brought Bush into this. Pretty Pathetic .
Old 10-17-2008, 07:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

Like with Swaggart, Wrightand any of the others, I think their whole lives are a scam based on the endorphin release of POWER. If they truly beleived what they were spouting, they'd live a straighter life.

+1

It is all about the power. Look at the JimBaker scandal.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Dominant Buck

If Obama had stood by Wright and not denounce him, this would hold water. As it is, its just interesting news that is not very surprising to many.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Of course certain posters here didn't let me down when they somehow brought Bush into this. Pretty Pathetic .
Pretty amusing coming from a guy that would bring Obama into a thread abou twhat you're going to get on your pizza.

I voted for Bush and he has done nothing but make me want ti pull my hair out.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

Of course certain posters here didn't let me down when they somehow brought Bush into this. Pretty Pathetic .
Pretty amusing coming from a guy that would bring Obama into a thread abou twhat you're going to get on your pizza.

I voted for Bush and he has done nothing but make me want ti pull my hair out.
Better to pull your hair out than vote for Obama and bend over.

Quick Reply: Report says Jeremiah Wright had an affair

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.