Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Why SHOULDN'T Ayers matter? >

Why SHOULDN'T Ayers matter?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Why SHOULDN'T Ayers matter?

Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Why SHOULDN'T Ayers matter?

The talking point from the Democrats now is: "Americans are worried about the economy, and John McCain wants to talk about Obama palling around with a terrorist."

By all means, let's talk about the economy. The economy is very important. It's the most important issue facing Americans right now.

But at what point should a presidential candidate's alleged association with a terrorist cease to be important?

If John McCain lays out a stellar economic plan, but it emerges that he had an association with an al Qaeda operative, should that be unimportant? Obviously not.

It doesn't matter whether Obama was 8 years old or 38 when William Ayers was trying to blow up innocent Americans. No one is disputing that Ayers is a former terrorist instead of a current terrorist. But the fact remains that he is an unrepentant terrorist. He was unrepentant when Obama was 8 years old and he was unrepentant as recently as 2001, if not today. When you decide to try to blow up Americans, you're creating an image that time cannot fade away.

I would like an opportunity to kick Ayers in the nuts. Obama had tea in his living room to get the word out to well-placed Chicagoans that he was running for a state assembly position. That's a difference I find pretty damned important. Does it mean that Obama is a terrorist or that he supports what Ayers did? Of course not. But he went to his house, had tea with him, and accepted his support for his state legislature race. At the very least, it speaks negatively of his judgment.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Why SHOULDN'T Ayers matter?

No I was only 8 so it doesn't matter.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:44 PM

Obama's policy is what matters, and sounds very solid.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

If I told you I was friends with theives, junkies and at least 1 contract murderer, would it change your
opinion of me ? PUH-LEEEZ !!! We're wading thru a classic smokescreen...look....if you smell a skunk,
then THERE"S A SKUNK SOMEWHERE NEARBY !! All these associations REEK of skunk...yet the skunk is
kept hidden so the stupid can't see it for what it is.....
Old 10-15-2008, 11:19 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RainmakerIII

Obama's policy is what matters, and sounds very solid.
This is coming from a someone who can't state Obama's policy and every answer to every tough question is Mcsame. Oh wait a sec, he a major executive with multiple corporations that he runs and yet pays no taxes.
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ill_ayers.html
Old 10-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Once again arthur your very short on the facts even though your relying on "fact check.org. Obama not only agreed with Ayer's radical education ideas, he funded them with the grant money. Might I add with zero results where they mattered. Don't tell me these relationships are passer by. They're not. Obama convienantly throws his base under the bus when he needs to an Ayers is just the newest one there.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Fieldmouse

Once again arthur your very short on the facts even though your relying on "fact check.org. Obama not only agreed with Ayer's radical education ideas, he funded them with the grant money. Might I add with zero results where they mattered. Don't tell me these relationships are passer by. They're not. Obama convienantly throws his base under the bus when he needs to an Ayers is just the newest one there.
Under the bus ? Ayers ? I never heard Ayers go under the bus....I heard "I was just a young'un when he was bombing people'....I heard 'I was not in his living room'....i heard "we co-chaired a committee' and I heard 'Hes a professor in the University of Illinois-Chicago'. There was no bus-throwing, there was DEFENDING and there was MINIMIZING. Fact is, this bum Obama is dirty as the day is long. The sad part is, nobody cares from the dem side. They are bankrupt.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

From your source:

The same year the two men met through the Annenberg Challenge, Ayers hosted a meet-and-greet coffee for Obama, who was running for state Senate and who lived three blocks away from him.
Which is precisely what I said.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

You ever see where Bush's family got there money from? They dealt with the Nazi's.

The point Obama made about who else was on the committee kinda slammed the door on McCain on that one.

Quick Reply: Why SHOULDN'T Ayers matter?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.