Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Debate opinions... >

Debate opinions...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Debate opinions...

Old 10-15-2008, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Debate opinions...

Ol Barry has done a lot of stuttering tonight. McCain finally showed up for a debate! I think Grandpa has finally won one decisively. Your opinion may vary though...lets hear it!
Old 10-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Banned

Default RE: Debate opinions...

I'll watch it on youtube tonight and respond
Old 10-15-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Knocks on the McCain campaign over the past two weeks: extremely negative, all attacks on Obama, never talking about issues or speaking with substance

McCain has certainly held true to this thus far appearing extremely irritable, short and impatient all night. He has failed to have any consistency during Obama's talks (can't decide whether to look at him, his notes, or the moderator) and has failed to address the people and keeps speaking to the moderator (Look at the camera john!)

Obama has looked, as he is, in control. He has maintained his calm demeanor and the "I'm in control" attitude. Overall, thus far, McCain's lack of poise is going to hurt him and failure to disassociate himself the negavity assocated with his campaign.

The question that tells the tell is the one on the VPs. Obama spoke about Biden and his qualifications. McCain spoke some on Palin and then went on to knock Biden and somehow got back to knocking Obama!?

Old 10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I will have to catch the high points on the reruns. I was out picking apples and tomatoes. Gonna freeze pretty hard by tomorrow night. Las call for the insects for this year.

I may not watch as there is no doubt that I wouldn't vote for oasama for anything more important than dog catcher. I like my guns and hunting and I won't vote for anyone who clearly doesn't share those values.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:25 PM

I am a McCain supporter buttonight McCain looked, acted and spoke like an idiot. This was a good chance to change the tide, I am shocked!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Obama won the 1st debate. Not by a huge margin, but solidly.

The 2nd debate was a draw, which means that Obama won by default, since he was ahead in the race.

McCain owned the debate tonight. Period, dot. Anyone who says otherwise is either an Obama partisan or was watching something besides the debate from Hofstra.

McCain did several things that he should've done long ago. When he looked Obama in the eye (after the 3rd or 4th time in the 1st 20 minutes that Obama tried to tie him to Bush) and said, "Sen. Obama, I'm not President Bush; if you wanted to run against George Bush, you should've run 4 years ago," that was an excellent point that he should've said in the 1st debate.

He brought out wealth redistribution, he took a sledgehammer to the foundation of Obama's healthcare plan, and he brought out the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which Obama voted against as an Illinois assemblyman . . . to which all Obama could reply was "That's absolutely not true." That should open the door for a McCain ad detailing Obama's vote on that bill. If I were running the McCain campaign, I would have such an ad running in primetime network slots by the end of the week.

Even when McCain slipped up -- "Senator Government" -- he was zinging Obama pretty good.

On issues where experience matters, I think McCain did a very good job of distinguishing himself from Obama. I was surprised to hear Obama dissing Colombia, one of our important allies. Jesse Jackson was right when he said Obama would change our foreign policy, and it won't be good. The inexperience that he has demonstrated in this area throughout this election season is almost frightening.

I thought Obama won the 1st 2 debates. Tonight, there was no question. If McCain had shown that kind of energy the past 5 months, he would be leading this race right now.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was too long, I can't stand listening to Obama for that long!![:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 10-15-2008, 09:40 PM

McCain lost again tonight, and he will do poorly in the polls. As I have stated before, there are two debates going on, the verbal and the body language. As far as verbal, McCain did a good job, he always does and he has in the last two debates.

Where McCain failed was his demeanor. He once again came across as angry, irritated, condescending, and sometimes just rude. He was, as Christ Mathews would say, the proverbial old man yelling "Get OFF MY LAWN!"

For those of you who loved the red meat, enjoy it. However, you need to remember, these denates are not for the partisan, they are for the undecides. He once again came of as bellicose and beligerent, and he did not do himself good tonight.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Where McCain failed was his demeanor. He once again came across as angry, irritated, condescending, and sometimes just rude. He was, as Christ Mathews would say, the proverbial old man yelling "Get OFF MY LAWN!"
+1
Old 10-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think McCain came out swinging and that was what he needed to do. IMO he won. I'm a McCain supporter and think the last debate was a draw and the first was an Obama win. I just dont know if it will make much of a difference because all the talking heads on CNN/NBC/CBS will give praises to obama anyway... as they were right after the debate.

I think Obama was on the defensive too much and that will come back to hurt him, he didnt defend his positions strong enough, and choose to 'run the ball' to run the clock out, he played this hand too conservatively (strategically speaking) and it came across as weak IMO. It also annoyed me how obama always seems to steal McCain's answers on a topic, especially if they are well worded and take the 'higher road'

We'll know for sure 3 weeks from now. I cant wait to get it over with.

Quick Reply: Debate opinions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.