Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Debate opinions... >

Debate opinions...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Debate opinions...

Old 10-15-2008, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Debate opinions...

ORIGINAL: AlaskaMagnum

Where McCain failed was his demeanor. He once again came across as angry, irritated, condescending, and sometimes just rude. He was, as Christ Mathews would say, the proverbial old man yelling "Get OFF MY LAWN!"
Your opinion because you're an Obama supporter. Yes, McCain did come off as condescending. But you don't think people are equally turned off by Obama snickering during McCain's answers? McCain comes off as condescending, Obama comes off as arrogant. Take your pick.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:49 PM
Dominant Buck

biggest gaff, "We borrow 700 billion from china to buy oil from SA." Government doesn't buy oil, we the people do and it's not 700 billion.

Biggest missed opportunity, Healthcare. Obama said small business won't get a fine and before he said 98% of small business would get a tax cut. BS. Small business goes all the way to those making 100 million dollars. McCain should have asked Obama to define a small business. Missed opportunity.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

McCain owned the debate tonight. Period, dot. Anyone who says otherwise is either an Obama partisan or was watching something besides the debate from Hofstra.
+1 he should have come out like this the first 2 debates. Lot of stuttering from Obama and he can look very arrogant when he is exposed. Biden said 50 % of small businesses would not see a tax increase, debate # 2 Obama said 90% would not see a tax increase and tonite he said 95% would not see a tax increase.

5,000,000 new jobs building automobiles. If we combined all our car plants in the us we would have probably 1/3 that figure. How is he going to triple our auto production by raising corporate tax rates and knocking out loopholes?

On education we already spend more on it then any other country with nothing to show for it and he wants to spend more on it. Now who is out of touch?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

"Banning guns is an idea whose time has come."
that was in 1993 pal.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

that was in 1993 pal.
First of all Junior I am not your PAL. Yes my signature very clearly says 1993 and it was attributed to him. I guess he has voted pro-gun since then is that correct Junior? BTW Cool Breeze stuttered a lot tonight.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Dominant Buck

On the missed car question. Obama was trying to tell the big three what they will build. You know a high efficeint car ..... I wish McCain had shot back with, so now your and expert in automobiles now? You know more about building and selling cars then those who have spent their life doing it? Your an expert becuase you drive a car to work? Have you ever changed your on flat tire or do you use AAA?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Didn't anyone else notice in the beginning when Obama said he was going to raise taxes on people making over $200k? Then a while after he said $250k...which is it?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

that was in 1993 pal.
First of all Junior I am not your PAL. Yes my signature very clearly says 1993 and it was attributed to him. I guess he has voted pro-gun since then is that correct Junior?
funny how you condescendingly cal me Junior, also funny how you get offended when I call you "pal." You surely fall right in line with your candidate and the "if you don't agree with me I'll throw a fit" I'm "junior" and you get offended when I call you something that most would consider, dare I say it, friendly. Who's the immature one?

Has Biden voted pro-gun since then, depends on your definition of pro-gun but he has not voted to take guns away from law abiding citizens.

On education we already spend more on it then any other country with nothing to show for it and he wants to spend more on it. Now who is out of touch?
Are we going to spend less? Are you familiar with the educational systems here in America at all? Americans go to school less than students in most other developed countries and, in high schools, are exposed to fewer subjects and subject matter. Can we solve that by spending less?

ORIGINAL: jeepkid

Didn't anyone else notice in the beginning when Obama said he was going to raise taxes on people making over $200k? Then a while after he said $250k...which is it?
slip of the tongues and mental mistakes happen. Kind of like McCain's reference to a "freath of bresh air"
Old 10-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Has Biden voted pro-gun since then, depends on your definition of pro-gun but he has not voted to take guns away from law abiding citizens.
Totally off-topic, but unless you consider anyone who would want to own an AR-15 to plink at coyotes something other than a law abiding citizen, you're incorrect on that point.

slip of the tongues and mental mistakes happen. Kind of like McCain's reference to a "freath of bresh air"
I know you realize this and you're just toeing the line for your presidential candidate of choice, but there's a fundamental difference between getting momentarily tongue-tied and throwing out totally different numbers. $250,000 is a figure that's been repeated over and over during the course of this campaign. Is going from 50% to 90% to 95% on the small business thing also a slip of the tongue, or totally different figures being thrown out? The Obama middle-America plan on taxes, healthcare and the economy in general seems to be a trial-by-error plan: Throw a bunch of stuff out there, see what sticks, adjust as we go along, etc.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Typical Buck

Are you trying to say Biden is pro second amendment? Pull your head out and get a breath of fresh air. Anyone that gets an F from the NRA and glowing recommendations from the Brady Bunch is DEFINITELY NOT pro second amendment.

Quick Reply: Debate opinions...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.