Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 If Obama wins does >

If Obama wins does

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

If Obama wins does

Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default If Obama wins does

It scare any of you the new found power the press has?
If he wins it will with out doubt be directly tied to the presses love and promotion of his candidacy.
Is it love for Obama or hatred for Bush that has driven them to embarrassing levels of support for him?
Will future candidates have to suck up to the big three in order to run a successful campaign?
Just some questions I have, Jim
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: If Obama wins does

Thanks, that clears those up for me.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Is it love for Obama or hatred for Bush that has driven them to embarrassing levels of support for him?
I honestly think Bush is the culprit. He pretty much screwed up everything he touched and many people want a change just for the sake of change. Can't say that I agree with them especially with Obama as the alternative, but that is what many people are thinking. There is just NO way in heck that Obama would be making such a formidable showing if Bush's presidency was half-way good!

Old 10-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

How about if the Republicans had run a better suited candidate for change than McCain?

He's like the same Ole same Ole, Rich out of touch white guy.
Not that I feel he is not capable but come on, being computer illiterate in todays world is not some thing to boast about.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:23 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

How about if the Republicans had run a better suited candidate for change than McCain?

He's like the same Ole same Ole, Rich out of touch white guy.
Not that I feel he is not capable but come on, being computer illiterate in todays world is not some thing to boast about.
Madmac, is not the ideal choice. If bama wins, it sure won't be because he was that good.

Old 10-07-2008, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

The last few elections the press has had a Democratic slant, well the major ors other than Fox, they swing to republican slant.

This is going to be a battle of "Bush is terrible" vs getting the truth out. Bush sure has made mistakes, but blaming the economy on him is bogus, the mortgage meltdown has nothign to do with Bush and more to do with congress, however blame should fall on the people who took out loans they couldnt afford.

Also somehow, bail out the mortgate industy is not bail out wall street.

When you hear the blame/buzz words of "big oil", "wall street", "middle class" etc, you can figure thye are just selling a story.

Neither candidate is realy good, but McCain has much better long term fix plans, Obama will go for short term fix for long term pain.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

You've got to keep in mind that Obama is the first black candidate of a major party. That's history. It will tend to make the press treat him a bit softer than usual. Plus, it's traditional for Republican campaigns to lash out about the 'liberal media', and McCain - maverick or not - is nothing if not a traditional Republican campaigner.

You want the press to be nice to you? You've got to be nice to the press. The 4th Estate will not be the reason McCain loses this election. Nor will it be Obama's 'brilliance.' It'll be anti-Republican sentiment on the war and economy, McCain's inconsistency on issues and policies and, frankly, his bizarre campaign decisions that will do him in.

Pulling out of Michigan with it as close as it is? That ain't good. Either McCain's internal campaign polls are showing something that the media polls aren't, or the poor guy has gone looney-toons.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

You've got to keep in mind that Obama is the first black candidate of a major party. That's history. It will tend to make the press treat him a bit softer than usual. Plus, it's traditional for Republican campaigns to lash out about the 'liberal media', and McCain - maverick or not - is nothing if not a traditional Republican campaigner.

You want the press to be nice to you? You've got to be nice to the press. The 4th Estate will not be the reason McCain loses this election. Nor will it be Obama's 'brilliance.' It'll be anti-Republican sentiment on the war and economy, McCain's inconsistency on issues and policies and, frankly, his bizarre campaign decisions that will do him in.

Pulling out of Michigan with it as close as it is? That ain't good. Either McCain's internal campaign polls are showing something that the media polls aren't, or the poor guy has gone looney-toons.
No you have to keep in mind thatabc,cbs.nbc,cnn and so on is all ran by a Dem. And if you do no believe me check it out.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I remember that the Jimmy Carter candidacy was said to be created by Time magazine (they had him on the cover 'way back in the early seventies). It turns out that sooner or later a politician stands on his own.

John McCain has been treated well, by the way.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think that in the end the truth becomes known. This is not something I can prove: it is a statement of faith. This being said, in the end the truth becomes known. What does this mean?

(1) If the press has become a fifth column for the Democratic Party machine, this will become clear and the derailment for the process of democracy that thisleads towill become known and decryed. I think we are very close to this point NOW. Many people feel that 60 minutes has been discredited by this alignment (Dan Rather and Mary Marples, 2006). Many people feel that the New York Times has surrendered itself to being a Democratic party propaganda machine and has discredited itself. What is lacking is the reasoning to the conclusion from thesefacts (media is aDemocratic party proganda machine)that the democratic process -- free elections by informed voters -- has been thereby corrupted and derailed.

(2) If human caused global warming is false, this will become clear with time.

Quick Reply: If Obama wins does

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.