Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Palin's teleprompter broke: speech was from memory >

Palin's teleprompter broke: speech was from memory

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Palin's teleprompter broke: speech was from memory

Old 09-04-2008, 10:10 AM

Default Palin's teleprompter broke: speech was from memory

http://www.redstate.com/diaries/redstate/2008/sep/04/breaking-sarah-palin-winged-her-speech-bec/

Halfway through Sarah Palin's speech tonight at the RNC, people following the speech noticed she was deviating from the prepared text.

According to sources close to the McCain campaign, the teleprompter continued scrolling during applause breaks. As a result, half way through the speech, the speech had scrolled significantly from where Governor Palin was in the speech. The malfunction also occurred during Rudy Giuliani's speech, explaining his significant deviations from his speech.

Unfazed, Governor Palin continued, from memory, to deliver her speech without the teleprompter cued to the appropriate point in her speech.

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Sarah Palin. Winner.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Palin's teleprompter broke: speech was from memory

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

Contrast this to Barack Obama who, when last his teleprompter malfunctioned, was left stuttering before a crowd unable to advance his speech until the problem was resolved.

Could ya point me to a clip showing Obama stuttering through a speech due to this?
Old 09-04-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: wahoohunter

Could ya point me to a clip showing Obama stuttering through a speech due to this?
Seriously? Have no not seen Obama without a teleprompter? The guy stutters constantly, not to mention all the "um, um, um, um." Dude, go find you're own clip, if you can't recall a moment that Obama was off telepromter and stuttering like an idiot than you haven't been paying attention. Have a nice day.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

He doesn't do very well when he doesn't have a teleprompter...

http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/blog.ph...16&cat=204

I think we can surmise why he doesn't want to do town hall debates with McCain. He knows he'd get his butt kicked. He's a coward.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 AM
Banned

that's somoe funny stuff

Old 09-04-2008, 10:30 AM
Dominant Buck

I beleive she had cue cards. I did see her shuffling papers while she was speaking. If you want to see Obama without a teleprompter, just look it up on youtube. Dont worry wahooo, ill oblige you with a clip this afternoon of Obama stumbling all over himself.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

He doesn't do very well when he doesn't have a teleprompter...

http://blogs.phillyburbs.com/blog.php?p=33016&cat=204

I think we can surmise why he doesn't want to do town hall debates with McCain. He knows he'd get his butt kicked. He's a coward.
Thanks for the clip its definitely a good example, he definitely didn't give a great speech right there. One example out of thousands of speeches doesn't really hold that must weight in my opinion. Most people find him to be an excellent public speaker from what I've heard, read and seen.

p.s. at the end does he not say that he can't hear himself? technological malfunction doesn't mean the teleprompter isn't working. Try speaking to a gathering of thousands and suddenly not being able to hear the words coming out of your mouth, I doubt its something that's easy to do

Seriously? Have no not seen Obama without a teleprompter? The guy stutters constantly, not to mention all the "um, um, um, um." Dude, go find you're own clip, if you can't recall a moment that Obama was off telepromter and stuttering like an idiot than you haven't been paying attention. Have a nice day.
Dude, I figured if you felt so strongly about something then you'd like totally be able to pull off some radical clip to show me. Totally dude, don't find one pro-palin article and feel it allows you to bash Obama without any back up
Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Dominant Buck

p.s. at the end does he not say that he can't hear himself? technological malfunction doesn't mean the teleprompter isn't working. Try speaking to a gathering of thousands and suddenly not being able to hear the words coming out of your mouth, I doubt its something that's easy to do
What, you cannot speak without hearing yourself????? So you are saying a def person cannot speak then.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

What, you cannot speak without hearing yourself????? So you are saying a def person cannot speak then.
Clearly not. And a person with no fingers can function, but imagine sitting there right now and having your fingers suddenly removed. Had he been prepared or expecting something like that to occur, however, if one is to lose a bodily function with expectation, not only would it be shocking but it would be hard to cope with on the spot, especially in front of thousands of people.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Not quite following your logic.

Quick Reply: Palin's teleprompter broke: speech was from memory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.