Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Palin's Convention Speech >

Palin's Convention Speech

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Palin's Convention Speech

Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Palin's Convention Speech

Is it just me or did she do a good job? I think she ate Obama's lunch tonite.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Palin's Convention Speech

Woo-hoo... What a speech! She rocked the house!

Old 09-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Pitbull with lipstick!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Little Doe Peep

I thought she did really, really well. And she doesn't wear pantsuits either.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep she did awesome!!

Sorry Obama fans!!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think she did really good and I can't wait to watch her without the telepromter. That womans got gumption. I honestly didn't see myself voting for a woman but the more I see the more I am sure I will be punching the McCain Palin ticket.

There was a lot of those speeches that were great. For me this was the easiest convention to watch.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

I thought she did real well. I was not going to vote for McCain but she has won me over. I don't know a lot about her but I like what I have seen so far.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

As we say down here in Texas . . . Palin whipped Obama like a red headed step child, y'all! Ouch! That hurt me and I'm not an Obama supporter.

Palin made a strong case for her executive experience -- first as mayor and second as governor. I find the case convincing.

Palin pointed out that Obama has precious little executive experience, in quite forcible terms.

Palin stated the strengths of John McCain. One point I liked and which I think is important and has rarely been acknowledged by the press . . . McCain has actually, in the truest sense of the word, fought for us . . . as a soldier in our military. Personally, I think it is an important experience that can be brought to bear in a president, military experience. I'm not saying it is a sine qua non of this office, but it is a definite advantage in my opinion. Bush the elder had this experience. Carter had this experience. JFK had this experience. Eisenhower had this experience.

A powerful speech. I think the Obama campaign is going to be running scared. The Obama campaign has the advantage of the liberal news media -- television, newspaper, and magazines -- on their side. But I don' think this is going to be enough. I think Obama is vulnerable on the characterization as a fuddy-duddy liberal, tax and spend democrat, who is weak on defense. All of these attacks were made by Guilliani and Palin. These things were heard by all but the kool-aid drinking Democrats, and these attacks are largely unanswerable.

But then again, what the heck do I know? Maybe this is wishful thinking.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:19 PM

WOW! She was awesome! I was skeptical about voting for McCain, not now! I'm McCain-Palin all they way. BTW, my mom just called, a Hillary supporter and Democrat her whole life... Now voting for McCain 8-)
Old 09-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigdawgwill44

WOW! She was awesome! I was skeptical about voting for McCain, not now! I'm McCain-Palin all they way. BTW, my mom just called, a Hillary supporter and Democrat her whole life... Now voting for McCain 8-)
Will, I sense this will become a common theme, and this is a woman a lot of women could vote for because she's a very well rounded woman with wit, vigor and gumption!!! Something Hillary will never have.

Her speech was spectacular, and there is no other way to describe it. Even though it was a pre-written speech, she still delivered it perfectly!!!! She's a common woman doing uncommon things, and that's something we all (at least those of us who are common people), can embrace!!!!

Quick Reply: Palin's Convention Speech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.