Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 McCain Choosing A woman Running Mate ? >

McCain Choosing A woman Running Mate ?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

McCain Choosing A woman Running Mate ?

Old 08-29-2008, 09:56 AM
Banned

Default RE: McCain Choosing A woman Running Mate ?

yes, NRA life member

Its my opinion, and the 2004 election map can back what I'm saying ... blue collar American, hunting, fishing, conservative down home folks is what won GW the election in 2004

That can happen again in 2008

Ya'll find me ONE THING negative about Sarah Palin - anybody ?
Old 08-29-2008, 10:09 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

The libs will be burning up the 'net looking for something.....at least as soon as they recover/regain conciousness. Bet someone is fanning Hillary right now.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

There are so many things about this pick that are brilliant, in my opinion. But one thing that sticks out in my mind is that the independents voting in the primaries brought us John McCain because they thought he was moderate leaning at best, and I've heard quite a few left-leaning folks who voted for McCain because they think his new conservative stances will revert to his old stances once he's elected. And what does he do once they put him in the power position? He grabs someone who was more conservative, I think, than any of the top-name Republicans out there. Fred Thompson might've been the one person who could compete with Palin in terms of her conservatism, but certainly Pawlenty, Romney and the rest couldn't. They all had good points, but they all also had chinks in their conservative armor. Huckabee was terrible on fiscal conservatism. Romney and Pawlenty were weak on social conservatism. With Palin, you have someone who is an all-around, solid conservative.

We'll learn in the months ahead whether she would make a good CEO of the country, but if we're going on her ideologies alone, I think she would make an excellent president because her views so closely resemble my own.

I was tired of hearing about all the history that was made Wednesday night and last night. Now, it appears, the Republicans have made a little history of their own.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay-um, check her out!!!!! [8D]

She has got to be the "hottest" ticket now. She will definitely help McCain cinch the election.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin

The ultra-conservatives and libertarians will approve. The disenfranchaised "Hildabeast" supporters will approve because she's a woman.

She willbalance out McCain and will help make himappearnot so old and crusty.

Prediction: See ya, Obama-lama-ding-dong!!! [8D]
Old 08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

She is going to pull in so many women voters. Plus, I bet she steals a bunch of would have been Hillary voters. Either way, this time around the white house will see a first i.e. a woman or an African American.

I think choosing her takes away any (first time) factor that Obama was hoping for. Wow, I bet the dems are stunned by this pick!! So much for Obama playing the underdog/prejudice card.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:47 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

So much for Obama playing the underdog/prejudice card.
I absolutely love seeing someone's underhanded tactics turned around on them. It's one of my favorite debating tools.[8D]

Chad
Old 08-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

No foreign affairs experience. Since the veep is often sent to tend to international problems and negotiations that are a bit more upscale than the Secretary of State but aren't quite up to the President's personal attention, that's a drawback.

I don't know of any military background. Commander in Chief credentials?

Palin finished second in the 1984 Miss Alaska beauty pageant. Her pre-public office work experience was as a sports reporter on a local TV station in Anchorage and as a commercial fisherman. (Her husband works for BP on the North Slope. What's with Republicans and oil connections?) She won a spot on the city council and eventually became mayor of Wasilla, AK, a town with a population under 6,000. She was elected governor in '06.

Alaska has a population of less than 700,000. Alaska's gross state product in 2005 was $39.9 billion, with 80% of that from oil/gas. The national economy is a bit more diverse, so one could question her capabilities on an economics standpoint. Just as a contrast, the City of Dallas, TX has a population of 3 million with gross city product of $95 billion in 2005. I'm not too sure her executive skills have really been tested, not even as much as a run-of-the-mill mayor in Dallas.

What makes all these questions relevant is McCain's age. His mother is still alive at 94 but his father died at age 70 - and he wasn't held in the Hanoi Hilton in poor health for more than five years. I question whether she will be ready to step into the Oval Office in the unfortunate event that McCain doesn't survive a full term.

It's great that she's an NRA lifer, hunts and fishes - we need a heckuva lot more politicians in that mold - but the Democrats have a pretty good list of questions they can raise about her credentials. We'll see how she handles the veep debates.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:15 AM

She is the only person on either ticket with any executive experience. At least she has run a freaking state. I love this pick and I’m coming around and may vote for McCain now.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

No foreign affairs experience. Since the veep is often sent to tend to international problems and negotiations that are a bit more upscale than the Secretary of State but aren't quite up to the President's personal attention, that's a drawback.

I don't know of any military background. Commander in Chief credentials?

I'll give you that one. I wish she had more but as a Gov I don't know you can hold that against HER. Maybe just against his pick

Palin finished second in the 1984 Miss Alaska beauty pageant. Her pre-public office work experience was as a sports reporter on a local TV station in Anchorage and as a commercial fisherman. (Her husband works for BP on the North Slope. What's with Republicans and oil connections?) She won a spot on the city council and eventually became mayor of Wasilla, AK, a town with a population under 6,000. She was elected governor in '06.

So I guess attracitive popular people aren't allowed to be in politics? Who else is it that falls into that category I forget

What makes all these questions relevant is McCain's age. His mother is still alive at 94 but his father died at age 70 - and he wasn't held in the Hanoi Hilton in poor health for more than five years. I question whether she will be ready to step into the Oval Office in the unfortunate event that McCain doesn't survive a full term

My dad died at age 47, guess I'm about to croak as well... shucks

It's great that she's an NRA lifer, hunts and fishes - we need a heckuva lot more politicians in that mold - but the Democrats have a pretty good list of questions they can raise about her credentials. We'll see how she handles the veep debates.

I'm sure she'll do fine, public speaking and debates mean very little to most. Voting records mean a lot more.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

McCain knew he had to do something out of the ordinary to catch voter's attention huh? After the past couple days most people forgot it was even a two person race

Quick Reply: McCain Choosing A woman Running Mate ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.