Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Serve and protect my ........... >

Serve and protect my ...........

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Serve and protect my ...........

Old 08-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Serve and protect my ...........

Only in America can the good guys bust into your home kill your dogs and handcuff you for a mistaken package.

(CNN)[/b] -- A Maryland mayor is asking the federal government to investigate why SWAT team members burst into his home without knocking and shot his two dogs to death in a mistaken drug raid.

Berwyn Heights, Maryland, Mayor Cheye Calvo comforts wife Trinity Tomsic at a news conference Thursday.

[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]
The raid last week was carried out by the Prince George's County Sheriff's Department after a package containing marijuana was mailed to the home of Berwyn Heights Mayor Cheye Calvo.
During the raid, deputies handcuffed Calvo and his mother-in-law and forced them to lie on the floor near one of the slain dogs' carcasses. Calvo was clad only in underwear and socks at the time.
But authorities now say the delivered package apparently was part of a scheme in which drugs are mailed to unknowing recipients and then intercepted. Watch Calvo describe the raid »
"This has been a difficult week and a half for us," Calvo said Thursday. "We lost our family dogs. We did it at the hands of sheriff's deputies who burst through our front door, rifles blazing."
The Prince George's County Sheriff's Department expressed sympathy for the loss of Calvo's two Labrador retrievers, but stopped short of apologizing for the incident.
"The community is damaged by the continuous drug trafficking," department spokeswoman Sharon Taylor said. "This was not a failed operation, as part of our continuing investigation into drug trafficking."

[/align][/align][/align][/align]The deputies have said they killed the two animals because they felt threatened.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:12 PM

Default RE: Serve and protect my ...........

ORIGINAL: bawanajim
If that isn't a picture of a pending lawsuit, I don't know what is...
Old 08-07-2008, 06:18 PM

This kind of stuff is normal activity all over our country. Unstoppable it seems, its called a natural High, High on life, .... Of course I wasn't there, but I'm sure if any investigation was done, they new the Lab's were there. I have seen these task forces first hand, its unreal the mindset involved,. Although I would never argue what they do to help the people, I will say that the mindset of the individuals and the training is way out there, hence major casualties. Of course someone has to do it, and they are protecting, blah blah blah, I don't buy any of it after having a few close friends in the buiss. It's the same mindset as some criminals, I won't mention of course. Any sicologist will tell you that the most dangerouse of people are on a natural High, with an agenda. Absolutely no mercy, humm, especially animals that don't count for anything. reminds me of alot of things.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:44 PM

I have seen these task forces first hand, its unreal the mindset involved,.
This I gotta hear. Tell us more about what you know of these units.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

The so-called "war on drugs" is a total failure and a sick joke. So long as there is an insatiable appetite for drugs in the US someone will meet that need.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:35 PM

ORIGINAL: falcon

The so-called "war on drugs" is a total failure and a sick joke. So long as there is an insatiable appetite for drugs in the US someone will meet that need.
I wish no one had ever called it a war on drugs. That's a war that has never been won in the history of the world. Drug units perform a broader scope of crime prevention than simply arresting people for having something unlawful. Pressure on illegal drug traffic drives up the homicide rate as dealers compete for business. Show me a city with a high homicide rate and I'll show you a police department with an effective narcotics unit. No one outside a narcotics unit will ever tell you that; you are supposed to believe a high homicide rate is a bad thing. We know going in that we are never going to absolutely eliminate drug traffic.

I would like to hear more about rainmaker's in-depth knowledge of police work, but I guess he is busy running one of his multi-million dollar companies. Where does a guy like that find time to hang out with cops?
Old 08-08-2008, 07:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Looks like some bad police work there. I guess they were watching way too much Dawg the Bounty hunter. It ill be quite a lawsuit I bet.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:19 AM
Little Doe Peep

I don't think this could only happen in America though. In some countries this could happen if you just say something derogatory about the president/king/whatever.

Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

This was no spur of the moment **** happens sort of thing. They did no leg work ,no address check, no back round check this was just ego bound lazy azzed piss poor police work.

Heads should roll and these guys next jobs should be as greeters an Wally world.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:32 AM

My biggest problem with it is that it's situations like this when innocent people and police officers wind up dead because of misunderstandings. I also highly doubt the prospect that the two labs were so ferocious they needed to be shot. It was just easier for the police to do that, then for them to mess with them I imagine.

Quick Reply: Serve and protect my ...........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.