Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Chicken Hawks >

Chicken Hawks

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Chicken Hawks

Old 06-17-2008, 02:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Chicken Hawks

While many make fun of McCains arms and injuries(despicable I might add) lets not forget that most Politicians are quick to send someone elses kids into combat but not their own. Most Politicians have no military service to speak of (B.O are you listening?) but McCain has walked that walk and has kids in Iraq so yeah I would sayhe has a vested interest that it does wind down with little casualties. Why are these facts ignored by the media? YOu never once hear mention of that fact.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:10 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Chicken Hawks

John McCain is kinda quiet about it himself however. I used to think it was a safety issue for his son being over there.

Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Back to the title of this thread: Chicken Hawks

Dick Cheney is a chicken Hawk. Saxby Chambliss is a chicken hawk, ditto for Hastert, DeLay, Lott and a whole bunch of other Republicans. They all dodged the draft. While young men like my brother were dying in Viet Nam thosecowards were getting one phoney deferment after another. While Iwas getting wounded in Viet Nam those cowardswere wussing off in college.Then those same cowardly chickenhawks got elected to congress and became warhawks, anxious to send young folks off to their holy oily war.

US Army EOD
M/Sgt, Retired
Old 06-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Back to the title of this thread: Chicken Hawks

**** Cheney is a chicken Hawk. Saxby Chambliss is a chicken hawk, ditto for Hastert, DeLay, Lott and a whole bunch of other Republicans. They all dodged the draft. While young men like my brother were dying in Viet Nam thosecowards were getting one phoney deferment after another. While Iwas getting wounded in Viet Nam those cowardswere wussing off in college.Then those same cowardly chickenhawks got elected to congress and became warhawks, anxious to send young folks off to their holy oily war.
Sorry to hear about your brother Falcon, I lost a few friends there myself.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks. Lost many, many friends there. That damn war stillbothers me. I do admire McCain for his doggedness and survivor mentality. A lesser man would have died in the Hanoi Hilton. McCain has shown the same doggedness in his quest for the presidency. I wish him well.

In all fairness there lots of well known Democrats in the halls of congress and elswhere who wussed out when it came to the war in Viet Nam. Chief among these is Slick Willy Clinton.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:25 PM

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

While many make fun of McCains arms and injuries(despicable I might add) lets not forget that most Politicians are quick to send someone elses kids into combat but not their own. Most Politicians have no military service to speak of (B.O are you listening?) but McCain has walked that walk and has kids in Iraq so yeah I would sayhe has a vested interest that it does wind down with little casualties. Why are these facts ignored by the media? YOu never once hear mention of that fact.
Elk, Elk, Elk........ What about BUSH and his whole ANG deal. He has no military exp. Maybe that of someone in a ROTC program, actually probally less.

It would seem to me that B.O. wants to bring the troops home for the most part. So his lack of military exp. cannot be used to argue this point.

You are killing me man.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Elk, Elk, Elk........ What about BUSH and his whole ANG deal. He has no military exp. Maybe that of someone in a ROTC program, actually probally less.
I am not defending the man at all on that it was clearly a favor to dodge the draft. If you notice I don't even comment on that. I voted for him because I would rather have my ....cut off then vote for Gore.

It would seem to me that B.O. wants to bring the troops home for the most part. So his lack of military exp. cannot be used to argue this point.
He won't bring them home any faster then McCain will , because he will destabilize the region if he does. As usual the one after will take credit for a stable region when he does get the troops out. It has worked that way for years and will happen again
Old 06-17-2008, 04:41 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: falcon

Thanks. Lost many, many friends there. That damn war stillbothers me. I do admire McCain for his doggedness and survivor mentality. A lesser man would have died in the Hanoi Hilton. McCain has shown the same doggedness in his quest for the presidency. I wish him well.

In all fairness there lots of well known Democrats in the halls of congress and elswhere who wussed out when it came to the war in Viet Nam. Chief among these is Slick Willy Clinton.
Ok, I respect your service, but most men did not serve in Vietnam. Most men from the age of 18-26 between 1967 and 1972 did not serve. I keep seeing you post these things over and over and over. Is everyone that did not serve and has an opinion a coward if it differs from yours? It appears your trying to say something. Do you feel entitled because you did serve? Because you lost your brother over there?

Old 06-17-2008, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah where did Bush learn to fly fighter jets moron?
Old 06-17-2008, 06:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Briman

Yeah where did Bush learn to fly fighter jets moron?
Oh...... please man drink the Kool aid he did go to flight school, and supposedly graduated, but who knows who tampered with those documents.

For one he stopped going drill, and when he did go it wasnt all the time. If he was such a Ace of a pilot why didnt he fly any missions. I beleive his highest rank acheived was Lt.
His family helped him go through the motions of being a pilot. Even still it was the ANG not exactly the most regimental of military units.

I assume you have no military exp., and your hero W was a draft dodger, sure he may have the pilot skills of a crop duster but as I stated that hardly count as military exp. "MORON".

Quick Reply: Chicken Hawks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.