Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Is GW the worst president? >

Is GW the worst president?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is GW the worst president?

Old 06-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Is GW the worst president?

Some Historians seem to think so: http://hnn.us/articles/48916.html

I think I just may vote for a Democrate for president this time![8D]
Old 06-08-2008, 12:24 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Is GW the worst president?

You know what is flawed about this, is just about 80% of the presidents, if you was to take a poll, people would not be happy about something.

I just can't figure out why he would be voted as the worst president. People have more than they have ever had. They have more excess than ever. Litterly 80% or more of children 16 and over have cars. Thats crazy, only about 40% of the people I knew had cars in high school. People today have houses twice as big as they were ever raised up in. We have more excess food ever in history. Yet, people are not happy. Yep, Gas is 4 bucks a gallon, and if you look at that number with inflation, it was much tougher for people to afford $1 gallon gas in 1982 than it is for people to afford $4/gallon gas. We live in a society where kids and people are so bored from sitting down, they have time to reflect how depressed they are. As my grandmother said, back in 1940, we were just trying to survive every day, we didn't have time to think how depressed we were. But yet people are not happy.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

People have more than they have ever had. They have more excess than ever. Litterly 80% or more of children 16 and over have cars. Thats crazy, only about 40% of the people I knew had cars in high school. People today have houses twice as big as they were ever raised up in. We have more excess food ever in history.
Thats starting to bite people in the ass to, theyve had almost unlimited oppurtunity to easy credit for years now, most are living way above theyre means and cant afford half of what they have.

We now have families that dont even see there kids, both parents workingto pay for all this neat stuff they owe tens of thousands of dollars on and the kids are being raised by the internet and video games.

Now things are turning around, easy credits not so easy anymore, people are calling in debts they would have otherwise let accure, and people are feeling the pinch.On top of that every day essentials like food, energy costs, and fuel are going up at an amazing pace.

To be perfectly honest a lotta isnt GWs fault, you cant live a $200,000 a year lifestyle if your only making 50 or 60 grand a year indefinately.

Hes not totally guilt free in it though, things started crashing on his watch and he hasnt shown much leadership in getting things on track again.You cant keep sending jobs to other countries, running up huge foriegn debts and spending money like theres no end to it and expect things to work themselves out.

China is getting awfully close to owning this country, were not self sufficient in anything anymore and theres no room for growth in many,probably most industries in this country anymore.We got a 5.5% unemployment rate yet theres 12 million illegal immigrants in the country doing jobs that could be done by Americans.

People are unhappy yes, is he the worst president in history, probably not.Hes getting a lot of credit for things that have been in the making for a long time and hes gotten blamed for things that werent his fault.But unlike the popular perception in here hes had his share of things that havent shown real favorably on his behalf either.

But he is really running short on time now to change that perception of his 2 terms as president and hes not doing much to turn it around IMO.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess my sarcasim isn't very good, LOL. I agree with alot of what both of you have to say. Esp. what petasux says, hes gotten blamed for things that werent his fault. I've been trying to tell this to my boss for years, who is a staunch Demorat! It takes years to bring on what we have right now, this just doesn't happen overnight, I do believe our oil prices are our own fault for not focusing on what we have here, and you can blame alot of that on the dems and the tree huggers. But on the other hand, we also haven't done much to get away from petroleum either. Hardly any technology out there today in solar, or wind is even close to being affordable for the average Joe. Just think if every household across the nation ran on it's own solar/wind/battery power. There would be alot more fossil fuels available for anything else. rI was toldlast nightthat both Condoleza Rice, and D. Cheney have oil tankers named after them. I haven't researched it out yet, but I'm gonna. But if it's true, do you really think that our gov. reps in the repulican party are innocent of the oil crisis? Becauseif they got tankers named after them, I can prettymuch garantee they got their hand in some oil companies pocket, andgetting handfuls.In reality, we are all to blame for our lust for gas. We demand it, it's a way of life for us. We are just now faced with tougher times, and are trying to deal with it. And it's easy to point the finger.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I found one:

Now tell me she aint receiving a little green on that! Here's the website I got if from: http://www.aztlan.net/oiltanker.htm
Old 06-08-2008, 01:42 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: petasux

People have more than they have ever had. They have more excess than ever. Litterly 80% or more of children 16 and over have cars. Thats crazy, only about 40% of the people I knew had cars in high school. People today have houses twice as big as they were ever raised up in. We have more excess food ever in history.
Thats starting to bite people in the ass to, theyve had almost unlimited oppurtunity to easy credit for years now, most are living way above theyre means and cant afford half of what they have.

We now have families that dont even see there kids, both parents workingto pay for all this neat stuff they owe tens of thousands of dollars on and the kids are being raised by the internet and video games.

Now things are turning around, easy credits not so easy anymore, people are calling in debts they would have otherwise let accure, and people are feeling the pinch.On top of that every day essentials like food, energy costs, and fuel are going up at an amazing pace.

To be perfectly honest a lotta isnt GWs fault, you cant live a $200,000 a year lifestyle if your only making 50 or 60 grand a year indefinately.

Hes not totally guilt free in it though, things started crashing on his watch and he hasnt shown much leadership in getting things on track again.You cant keep sending jobs to other countries, running up huge foriegn debts and spending money like theres no end to it and expect things to work themselves out.

China is getting awfully close to owning this country, were not self sufficient in anything anymore and theres no room for growth in many,probably most industries in this country anymore.We got a 5.5% unemployment rate yet theres 12 million illegal immigrants in the country doing jobs that could be done by Americans.

People are unhappy yes, is he the worst president in history, probably not.Hes getting a lot of credit for things that have been in the making for a long time and hes gotten blamed for things that werent his fault.But unlike the popular perception in here hes had his share of things that havent shown real favorably on his behalf either.

But he is really running short on time now to change that perception of his 2 terms as president and hes not doing much to turn it around IMO.
You bet ya we sent mfg jobs over to china. we didn't want the pollution. We didn't want to keep paying 3 times more for simple items. And honestly we couldn't handle the pollution. I am not sure you have been over thier lately, but just walking down the street in any major city, and you feel like you have been behind a deisel bus all day.

I think before anyone can ever say we sent jobs overseas, they should be required to take a trip to China once in thier lives and see what they have let thier country turn into.

Lots of things I didn't like about the Bush presidency. Privacy for one, illegial immigration for two. And his lack to push for reversal of roe vs. wade.

Other than that, the POTUS doesn't have the power that the media portrays.

People in the US deserves $4/gal in gas. They deserve to lose thier house. I see all these full size trucks every morning and kids driving big deisels. Its time for a freakin wake up call. People like you say earning 50K a year but living in a 5K sqft house.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow, nice paint job.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think Cheney divested of his oil holdings before taking office. There was a line about Gore owning more oil stocks than Cheney.

The profit motive has always been there for alternative energies, it just goes up as the price of oil and gas goes up.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:51 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

Hardly any technology out there today in solar, or wind is even close to being affordable for the average Joe. Just think if every household across the nation ran on it's own solar/wind/battery power.
Do you knowhow labor/petrolium intensive it is to make solar panels? Thereis a good reason that windmills and solar panels are not being used. One, cost,its a 25 year investment for either. Thats just to make your money back,and nobody factors in the cost of maintenance.

I have been looking into the50ft windmills as a investment on my property. It take an intial 18Kjust to get started, how many years will it take for me to recoup my money?

Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think Bush gets blamed for a lot of crap that he can't control. My vote for worst president in my lifetime would be Lyndon Johnson.

Quick Reply: Is GW the worst president?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.