Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Is GW the worst president? >

Is GW the worst president?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Is GW the worst president?

Old 06-09-2008, 07:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Is GW the worst president?

ORIGINAL: falcon

My vote goes to Jimmy Carter, a total jackass and joke of a President.
I rank Carterthe 2ndworst presidentin modern times. The very worst president in modern times is Nixon. Nixonsentenced US POW/MIA folks to death with his unholy surrender to the NVA. That dumb a$$ Carter gave amnesty to all the draft dodgers who ran off to Canada.

So, you're saying you'd rather have a President who stayed the course and didn't cave in to political pressure because the war has become "unpopular" at home...

I thought Nixon had negotiated "peace with honor". Isn't that what folks expect President Barack to do?
Old 06-09-2008, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

Carter was the worst in my lifetime bringing in an era of high inflation and a poor economy. The economy is the one thing that sticks in the craw of most people and that is the legacy a POTUS leaves behind. We have several months to go with the present administration and ifthe economy crashes so will Bush's ratings.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

We have several months to go with the present administration and ifthe economy crashes so will Bush's ratings.
I think he is striving for the "dead cat bounce" .
Wya's incompetency and pig headiness will live a long and glorious life. Rummy listened to no one and thousands paid for his arrogance. The Chinese plane incidence shows Bush's true colors when it comes to diplomacy,The border is a fallacy that he fails to even recognize as a problem. The spending spree congress has been on will guarantee costly worthless projects in place ofinfrastructure repairs that are besieging our towns and cities. and last but not least a prescription drug plan that was both unwanted & un affordable.
He hasn't surpassed Carter yet but it certainly isn't for lack of trying.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Like I said on another thread give him time he can still get there.[:@]
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: falcon

My vote goes to Jimmy Carter, a total jackass and joke of a President.
I rank Carterthe 2ndworst presidentin modern times. The very worst president in modern times is Nixon. Nixonsentenced US POW/MIA folks to death with his unholy surrender to the NVA. That dumb a$$ Carter gave amnesty to all the draft dodgers who ran off to Canada.
Yea, those are some serious points to consider. I second this.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Johnson is the worst president this country has ever seen. 59000 +killed and 1/2 million wounded in a war we reallydidn't have to get into. He set the stage for stagflation that lingered until RR took over. Jimmy Carter was second. During his term we had 17% mortgages..I know I tried to buy a house during that time .Clinton was the 3rd. Kept his head in the sand and rode on the wave that RR and Bush 1 created. He had the opportunity to fix a lot of the problems we have today and chose not to get involved.He had the senate and congress in his pocket that is until 1996. That forever will be his legacy.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Clinton also vetoed the oil drilling mandate sent to him by Congress in 1995 (I believe). If that wouldn't have been dumped, we likely wouldn't be in the mess we are now in. Our near total dependency on foreign oil is a gift from Clinton and the pseudo-environmentalist liberal Dems. Therefore both Clinton and Carter rank worst in my book.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Clinton gets my vote by far. In order to be a good anything, you gotta be a decent Human and he missed that boat by ten country miles.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:02 PM
Typical Buck

One thing about Bush, he is crazy enough that our would be enemies now think twice about attacking us or our allies. I am not sure they will fear his replacement. The economy and energy mess is a perfect storm that has been brewing for 30 years, so all are to blame. This PC enviromental restrictions have had the most to do with our downward spriral of an econmy. When you can't develope manufaturing plants, build refineries or power plants, or harvest natural resources on your own ground, you have to look else where, and thats where your jobs and money go. I am not for trashing our land, but there are near zero footprint methods for mining, drilling, and timber harvest that we are unable to use because of enviro special interest groups and media bias. How do you think the environment is going to be when it is everyman for himself and we are burning trees to stay warm, hunting to eat, and infrastructures fall to disrepair. Do you think anyone will give a crap about a spotted owl when they haven't eaten for several days?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: millagerobert

Do you think anyone will give a crap about a spotted owl when they haven't eaten for several days?

Mmmmmm!!! Spotted Owl.... tastes like chicken!

Quick Reply: Is GW the worst president?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.