Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 What Was That, Huck? >

What Was That, Huck?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

What Was That, Huck?

Old 05-16-2008, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default What Was That, Huck?

Huckabee quips about gun aimed at Obama

Stupid...
Old 05-16-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Was That, Huck?

Gee, thanks for that positive image for gunowners, Huckabee.

What a freakin' buffoon thing to say.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

That pretty much a bonehead remark....geeesssee and to think I voted for him in the primary.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:10 PM
F3d
Banned

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/fb.aspx?m=2521604

I predicted this a while ago.
Old 05-17-2008, 05:46 PM

Eddie Murphy did an impression a few years ago of the first black President. It was much worse than what Huckabee said. I guess maybe Eddie's delivery is better?
Old 05-17-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: F3d

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/fb.aspx?m=2521604

I predicted this a while ago.
Wow, that was back in December. Good call.
Old 05-17-2008, 06:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I said WOW myself. Sometimes you try to force a joke.....and don't get a laugh, but that was WOW!

Old 05-17-2008, 10:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like a MOUNTAIN being made out of a MOLE HILL. I don't think the intention was as much about wanting to "kill" Obama as much as it would have more likely been about the fact that there may have been a large number of people in the audience that were "packing" and wouldn't be to open to Obama's lack of support for their "RIGHTS TO BEAR ARMS."
Old 05-18-2008, 01:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Of course he wasn't serious, but that doesn't make his statement any less ridiculous. He, a major Republican figure (to the public, at least)said something that hoplophobes will be able to use against us in their on-going propaganda campaigns. Giving our opponents'ammunition' to use against us is a stupid thing to do, particularly when it accomplishes absolutely nothing for our own cause.

In the future, I hope he sticks to his scripts and leaves the improv to the professionals...
Old 05-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

Of course he wasn't serious, but that doesn't make his statement any less ridiculous. He, a major Republican figure (to the public, at least) said something that hoplophobes will be able to use against us in their on-going propaganda campaigns. Giving our opponents 'ammunition' to use against us is a stupid thing to do, particularly when it accomplishes absolutely nothing for our own cause.

In the future, I hope he sticks to his scripts and leaves the improv to the professionals...
Not to mention that he made the statement at the NRA convention, where he was speaking on our behalf. That does nothing but help reinforce the stereotype that a few anti-gunners harbor, and perhaps develop the stereotype for some who don't own guns but previously rode the fence on the issue.

Quick Reply: What Was That, Huck?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.