Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack >

Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack

Old 04-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack

Teacher 'petrified' after attack by student

“On one hand, she told me she is sorry this happened to me,” Berry said in a taped report filed by NBC’s Savannah Guthrie. “She told me telling the student that I would defend myself was a ‘trigger word.’ ”

And we wonder why half ofnew teachers burn out infive years...

Old 04-10-2008, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack

You could not pay me enough money to be a teacher today!...
Old 04-11-2008, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack

I got one better for ya. Here in Houston, I have a friend who teaches. She has an AD/HD student who has felt her up, put hishands up her dress, and even attacked her and stabbed her with a pencil. And guess what? The kid cannot be punished for anyof these offenses. There is a little law called students with disabilities act that says you cannot punish a child for their behavior problems that are tied to their disability. She was told that this behavior was tied to his handicapping condition. Not only did the student not get punished, but when the teacher threatened to quit, the teacher was told she would be sued for breach of contract if she did. This student cannot even be removed from her room. You cannot remove a special ed kid because it goes against mainstreaming. The school was nice enough to put an aid in with her. I guess they want the aid to be attacked too. Both the teacher and aid are setting targets because teachers cannot defend themselves without a CPIs certification. And only certain teachers have these certifications. Schools have what are called CPIs teams, and only the CPIs team can touch a student. I have mine, and I still have to abide to noninvasive or harmless techniques. In other words, I get trained in how to limit the amount of damage to myself, with out causing any damage to the student. CPIs certifications are nothing more than a butt cover. Even with one, you are not free of litigation. The monkeys are running the zoo. And just think about this when you get a gut full of teachers. Its not the teachers, it’s the system. If I didn’t have so many years in, Id quit and do something else. I have about 15 years left till I can retire, so it would be dumb for me to jump ship and start all over with another job.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

The monkeys are running the zoo.
Watch out, Burnie...Obama won't like you.

I didn't realize you were a fellow Houstonian. At which school do you teach? My son has attended Sinclair, Hamilton MS, and now Carnegie VHS.

I find it absolutely outrageous that a kid cannot be punished for acts which would be felonious if not for their "alleged" disability. How will they learn appropriate boundaries if there is no negative reinforcement for violating them?

Edit: Just curious... The school won't punish the kid for violating school rules, but, why can't she file a criminal complaint? Stabbing someone is a felony.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Typical Buck

And the minute that slug graduates, he will be signed up of SSI Disability and collect for the rest of his life, while planting his superior DNA all over the Houston area. Great system we have in place.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

The monkeys are running the zoo.
Watch out, Burnie...Obama won't like you.

I didn't realize you were a fellow Houstonian. At which school do you teach? My son has attended Sinclair, Hamilton MS, and now Carnegie VHS.

I find it absolutely outrageous that a kid cannot be punished for acts which would be felonious if not for their "alleged" disability. How will they learn appropriate boundaries if there is no negative reinforcement for violating them?

Edit: Just curious... The school won't punish the kid for violating school rules, but, why can't she file a criminal complaint? Stabbing someone is a felony.
My bad. I meant Texas.I teach in NorthTexas. But it occured in Houston. She will not be back at that school next year. She started going through the legal system during the Chrismas break. I have not heard anything more of the situation since. Ill email her to see where it all went.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm glad I live in a low manimal population count area.... This is the kind of kid my child gets to look forward to goin to "school" with
Old 04-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I never taught below the college level, but dealt with some college kids that couldnt behave themselves. If they had ever tried to get physical with me, i would have pounded the crap out of them right there in the classroom and worried about the consequences later. Sometimes you just gotta draw the line in the sand.
Old 04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
MagnumMan308

I tell you, some of the kids out there will scare you.

As part of my course work I did some teaching and tutoring at a NYS JobCorps Institute. The student population is drawn from the poorest areas of New York City, and bussed upstate for 'education'.
What an experience, worse than that movie Dangerous Minds. The Building itself is an old rundown formerTB hospital,setup like a prison with a central rotunda, you have to sign in, wear ID/staff badge andwalk in pairs with an ******anywhere you went.Everything had to be kept under lock and key to keep students from stealing and using things as weapons. Classroom environment was non-existant, verbal and even a few physocal fights breakingout daily, the only way you could talk to a student was to get them one on one. What really got me was how readily they gang up to support a member of a group. Call a kid out for any infraction, like stealing or getting physical with someone,and even the relativly 'good' students fall right in lockstep with the hooligans, defending them and cursing out the teacher. Worst part was, you could have the place under control in a few minutes with a little hands on and verbal action, but your hands were tied.
Iam lucky as my physical stature kept most dealings civil, I cannot imagine being a small female teacher in such an environement.

Old 04-11-2008, 10:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that one of these days people are just gonna decide that enough is enough. If most teachers in a setting just said that no matter what, they are not gonna put up with any more crap like that, it would be hard to fire, sue, or prosecute them all.

Quick Reply: Teacher Beaten By Student; Told By Principal She Provoked The Attack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.