Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 "Rich People get the rebate, poor people don't" >

"Rich People get the rebate, poor people don't"

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

"Rich People get the rebate, poor people don't"

Old 04-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default "Rich People get the rebate, poor people don't"

That's what was said to me not 5 minuted ago in my office by a lady who had just "gotten on" disability in December when I told her she did not qualify and she stormed out. Before that she was on SSI (doesn't qualify...I'm learning way more than I ever wanted to know about government hand-outs[&:]).

I'm talking about the economic stimulus rebate. As part of our corporate policy and to create goodwill in the community and drum up some referral business, My Tax Preparation office has been filing FREE tax returns for people who ordinarily wouldn't file except to get the rebate.We'vefiled probably around 200 or so of just those. The Senior citizens have been, for the most part, a pleasure to deal with and a good source of referrals.

Most on disability, however, havedisplayed an appetite for entitlement (and little, if any, physical malady) that is hard to believe. We've had 3 generations in the same family that were all on "disability"

GET A JOB!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "Rich People get the rebate, poor people don't"

They already get the best deal of all, they pay no taxes. Yet they are mad at the bill payers for not GIVING them money. That's the problem with this country, those who should be grateful are hateful.Atlas needs to SHRUG!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
Dominant Buck

I dont understand that idea of entitlement. I know some people that fall in lines with just who you are talking about. I know farmers who work at night on the farm so they will not get seen working and are pulling full disability checks. I also deal with lots of welfar cases, being we are a title one industry. And it is crazy some of the things these people think they are entitled to. I had a women want me to write a letter so she could submit it to the walfar board to recieve free medication for her kids. Just before she asked, she was showing off a $1200.00 gold and diamon mouth piece she had just bought for this kid, as well as pulling up in a new camaro she bought for him as his first car. Guess what I was called when i refused????? A racist c racker.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

"Most on disability, however, havedisplayed an appetite for entitlement (and little, if any, physical malady) that is hard to believe. We've had 3 generations in the same family that were all on "disability""

Saw a thing on TV several years ago about an Arkansas family that had 11 members on SSI. SSI is the one of the worst scams ever put over on US taxpayers.

Old 04-02-2008, 10:56 AM
Typical Buck

That's why social security is going in the crapper, not because of those who earned it, it's because of those who did not.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

The two awfulest phrases ever uttered by American presidents.

1. "A great society" LBJ
2. "New worldorder" Bush I

Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: falcon

Saw a thing on TV several years ago about an Arkansas family that had 11 members on SSI. SSI is the one of the worst scams ever put over on US taxpayers.
And, much easier for some to get on than others... [:@][:@][:@][:@] I'll leave it at that for today.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

And, much easier for some to get on than others... [:@][:@][:@][:@] I'll leave it at that for today.
What's funny to me regarding different types of people on disability (believe me, I've seen more in the last couple of week thatn I hope to ever see again)...your typical white trash look like they are in the welfare system. They come in very disheveled looking etc. A typical person of color, in my experience, usually pulls up in a cadillac wearing a full length leather coat. Either way, 95% of all of them are scammers.

My favorite question all of them ask is "How much do I get for _______(insert: paying rent, my girlfriend, a W2 that show $50.00 in INCOME)

I love telling them "nothing"
Old 04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

The morereplies I read in this thread the madder i got[:@].It amazes me that these people think they are entitled to anything. Of course, they see it as a government handout.... freaking bums
Old 04-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

What's funny to me regarding different types of people on disability (believe me, I've seen more in the last couple of week thatn I hope to ever see again)...your typical white trash look like they are in the welfare system. They come in very disheveled looking etc. A typical person of color, in my experience, usually pulls up in a cadillac wearing a full length leather coat. Either way, 95% of all of them are scammers.

My favorite question all of them ask is "How much do I get for _______(insert: paying rent, my girlfriend, a W2 that show $50.00 in INCOME)

I love telling them "nothing"
I was told, by my stepson's caseworker, when we were trying to get him on SSI disability as a result of his brain tumors, that "This would be easier if you weren't white."

Quick Reply: "Rich People get the rebate, poor people don't"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.