Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Closing in on $4.00 a gallon >

Closing in on $4.00 a gallon

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Closing in on $4.00 a gallon

Old 02-28-2008, 09:23 AM
Banned

Default RE: Closing in on $4.00 a gallon

There is no shortage of fuel. There is more drilling rigs operating in Wyoming now than was in the entire USA just 10 years ago. New gas and oil wells are coming in almost daily there and being capped off and put in reserve until the rest of the world depletes their resourses, at which time prices will have skyrocketed due to demand resulting in theUSA replacing the middle east as the controllers of the worldsoil supply. After all the new rigs and expenses are deducted, EVERY major oil company is reporting record profits by not releasing the reserves to those on fixed incomes who cannot afford heating oil to warn their homes in mid-winter.
Norefineries? Where is big oil building one to reduce the problem? Bio fuels are getting precious little support (two are trying to get into production here in Idaho and meet opposition on every hand) from the government. Harnessing wind, (of which there is no shortage of here either) is opposed and resisted. Nuclear energy is concidered the scorge from hell. Even fireplaces are being banned resulting in morefuel for the record number of forest fires here in the west. It is almost impossible for a farmer or small business to erect a wind turbine to provive his own energy (2 years of jumping through hoops). Countless thousands of tons of cow manure is created daily from the hundreds of mega dairies that could be used to produce gas for electrical power rather than to be dumped into the water supplies, left to decay in heaps while producing millions of germ carrying flies.
All the while our $3.00+ is nessary to pay for the big oil lobbiest to see that nothing interferes with record profits of big oil. And let's not even think of bringing any of Alaska's oil to the USA to releive our own country. The Japanese will pay a higher price and money, record profits, ect. is the only goal. Look out Japan, China is going to outbid you!
Old 02-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

All the while our $3.00+ is nessary to pay for the big oil lobbiest to see that nothing interferes with record profits of big oil. And let's not even think of bringing any of Alaska's oil to the USA to releive our own country. The Japanese will pay a higher price and money, record profits, ect. is the only goal. Look out Japan, China is going to outbid you!
So what is it? Is Big oil setting the price arbitrarily above $3.00/gallon or is China andJapanout bidding us on the market for oil?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Snooky

There is no shortage of fuel. There is more drilling rigs operating in Wyoming now than was in the entire USA just 10 years ago. New gas and oil wells are coming in almost daily there and being capped off and put in reserve until the rest of the world depletes their resourses, at which time prices will have skyrocketed due to demand resulting in theUSA replacing the middle east as the controllers of the worldsoil supply. After all the new rigs and expenses are deducted, EVERY major oil company is reporting record profits by not releasing the reserves to those on fixed incomes who cannot afford heating oil to warn their homes in mid-winter.
Norefineries? Where is big oil building one to reduce the problem? Bio fuels are getting precious little support (two are trying to get into production here in Idaho and meet opposition on every hand) from the government. Harnessing wind, (of which there is no shortage of here either) is opposed and resisted. Nuclear energy is concidered the scorge from hell. Even fireplaces are being banned resulting in morefuel for the record number of forest fires here in the west. It is almost impossible for a farmer or small business to erect a wind turbine to provive his own energy (2 years of jumping through hoops). Countless thousands of tons of cow manure is created daily from the hundreds of mega dairies that could be used to produce gas for electrical power rather than to be dumped into the water supplies, left to decay in heaps while producing millions of germ carrying flies.

There is a place here in MN that has started burning turkey droppings for energy, from what I heard it is working out good for them.
Old 02-29-2008, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is no shortage of energy or fuel in Wy. There are NOT a bunch of new oil wells here that i know of.

In the last 10 yrs or so theres been many many many new natural gas & coal bed methane wells drilled here.
Wy does not produce all that much oil in the big picture of things & i doubt many are sitting on oil wells here-when oil is bringing the high prices it does now. ( i dont know my nabors much, but the one i do know some& have hunted elk etc with works for various ppl like halburton etc- guess i could ask him about oil production in Wy & wells being caped )

My closestnabor ( in distance- as i hardly know any of them after 20 yrs)
who made a million bucks on his prossess to cap well headshas now
started a company That sells wind turbines & solar panels. He will be putting up a windmill on his small private lot. The only persons i saw complaints from making it difficult where our nabors. Whos stoping those dairy farmers from producing energy with all that cow crap? Places like Ca may have restrictions on fireplaces,wood stoves( but i dont know what they are i dont live there) The goverments? Well last i checked we still elect our gverment servents (payed for with us tax dollars & "gifts"* by speical intrest croups& companys)

Denver has had restrictions for many yrs now on wood burning in the city- i dont know anyone who livesthere
- but i dont know what they are as i dont live there either. You can burn all the wood you want here( so if anyone out there has any wood they dont need send it to me.

But i understand algore & his follewers are making things more difficult & coal plants they had planed wont be built etc because of the global warming hype thats being pushed. We have no shortage of coal here & wont for many many yrs to come. Same with nuclear power not being used more.

But hey they mean well & they think there saving the world & this planet[&:]- that should count for something right?

As things stand right now i would be curious as to what would happen if someone could prevent the oil coming threw the strait & stop a good part of that oil
coming from the middle east- for say 2 weeks.

Or what effects would be seen in this country
if gas was $8.00 a gallon here instead.

I dont even understand why anyone would still be burning oil to heat there homes in this day& age in this country.

Or at15 -20billionof US taxpayer moneys a pop multi billion dollar
"us goverment chairty"programs
goingto fight aids/hivin africa etc
while ppl go without healthcare in this country ornot enough military equipment.

Must be that Robinhood syndrome.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

It all falls down to the value of our dollar..it is week compaired to the Euro and that is what is causeing the high gas price's,its not supply and demand nor is it the oil companys.It all falls back to a week dollar on the worldmarket...
Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

It all falls down to the value of our dollar..it is week compaired to the Euro and that is what is causeing the high gas price's,its not supply and demand nor is it the oil companys.It all falls back to a week dollar on the worldmarket...

BINGO

Most Canucks headed south in their motor homes love all that cheap $4.00 a gallon US gas. The Canuck buck buys 1.02 US today. Five years ago it bought 65 US cents. Gas was expensive back then.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tangozulu

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

BINGO

Most Canucks headed south in their motor homes love all that cheap $4.00 a gallon US gas. The Canuck buck buys 1.02 US today. Five years ago it bought 65 US cents. Gas was expensive back then.
It is the traders bidding it up right now. We are at an 14 year high with supply.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:20 PM

I'm still at the "I don't really care what the price of gas is" stage. Life goes on. I get 13-14 mpg and that's just the way it is. The democrats are only going to make matters worse so why worry about it. [&o]
Old 02-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to burst your bubble but the dollar is at a low .73 cents i think, and oil is sold on the dollar value,thus you have countries buying with the Euro witch I belive is = to 1.37 to the dollars .73 value....

Once again it has nothing to do with big oil or supply and demand....He11 I would buy all the oil I could useing the Euro if I could refine it myself....Just like all theother countries are doing...
Old 03-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

demand went out and the Arabs want more money to kill us with
I hate to see it go up but good this will come from it

One maybe were dropped the 2xs import tax on Brazil's ethanol
2 were get the oil out of Alaska
Three were tell the middle east to go f*ck them selfs
something i do not get is
if 5 local store get togather and determin the price of meat goes up double it is price fixing
but it is ok for the oil companys to do it
ALso you must be in a bad area it is only like 325 here up about 775 cents from a year ago
ORIGINAL: jeepkid

I filled up the diesel tank today, $3.73 a gallon!![:@][:@][:@] In 2004 it averaged $1.85, has demand really doubled in 4 years? I know supply didn't go down by half....somethings not right....[:@][:@]

Quick Reply: Closing in on $4.00 a gallon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.