Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

I was wrong

Old 02-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: I was wrong

Hillarywould seem like a breath of fresh air after a couple years of Obama. This guy is dangerous.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:40 AM
Banned

or black muslim
good gawd ...... HE'S NOT BLACK !
Old 02-13-2008, 08:10 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

why does he owe you $25 ?

Because he bet me 25 dollars that hill would be pres. He knows it and he's probably reading this thinking he won't pay up. Oh well, a man is only good as his word.

Old 02-13-2008, 08:37 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

He claims to be a member of the International CoC too, not muslim, but for all practical purposes he is considered to be a black muslim. The press considers him to be black, 99.9% of voters percieve him to be black--doesn't matter what his actual lineage is, at least when it comes down to the election.

I don't think it would matter if he was lilly-white, being percieved as muslim would keep him out as much or more than his skin color.

Chad
Old 02-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Banned

Because he bet me 25 dollars that hill would be pres. He knows it and he's probably reading this thinking he won't pay up. Oh well, a man is only good as his word.
he did that ? wow - send him a PM and tell him its going to be CLOSE and he better be ready to pay up !

LBR - so it really is all baout color of skin isn't it ? ll of the talk of equality, color blindness etc is all lip service and in this country, color of skin makes you what you are huh ?
Old 02-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: LBR

He claims to be a member of the International CoC too, not muslim, but for all practical purposes he is considered to be a black muslim. The press considers him to be black, 99.9% of voters percieve him to be black--doesn't matter what his actual lineage is, at least when it comes down to the election.

I don't think it would matter if he was lilly-white, being percieved as muslim would keep him out as much or more than his skin color.

Chad
Being the first Catholic to run almost tanked JFK, and Catholics were much better regarded then than muslims are now.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hi guys. Long time -- no see!

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

You have a mind like a steel trap BC.
The super delegate issue is making me wonder if she will still get the nod. I don't feel Obama is corrupt but the Clintons have a long chain of people who they are linked with and favors are owed.

I think that the super-delegate thing could start race riots, much like the Rodney King verdict.

This year I think any democrat would beat a republican, just the mood of the country so it seems. We'll see how this election goes, but I'm starting to think, it's a roll of the dice who gets in office, not the best candidate etc....
As liberal as McCain is, he can win. I think the country identifies Bush with conservativism (we know better) and thus, the country is fed up with conservativism because of the poor job Bush has done. McCain seems to be the anti-conservative republican and as such may win over disillusioned voters.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mcawful

Ther's a chance she'll still get the nomination.
The Clintons know where too many bodies are buried. We all know it would just be a matter of time before all kinds of juicy info (about many Washington insiders ) gets leaked to the media.
Exactly. I wouldn't get off the Hitlary train just yet people. The Clintons will do all sorts of things to try and get the nomination and they're not going to let some "new" guy junior senator take this away from them. Just wait until the Clintons make a play for all those delegates in Florida and Michigan, and don't forget about the super-delegates.

Mark my words, if this thing is close, the Clintons will get the nomination even if it looks like Barack won it.

All in all I don't really think it matters, their policies are the same and people are stupid. I mean, what has Obama ever done? Nothing, but he's a good speaker so I guess that's good enough for the typical uninformed voter... [&o]
Old 02-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

All in all I don't really think it matters, their policies are the same and people are stupid. I mean, what has Obama ever done? Nothing, but he's a good speaker so I guess that's good enough for the typical uninformed voter... [&o]
Did you see Hannity ask a group of Obama supporters to name one accomplishment of Obama? One by one they stammered, stuttered, and came up with nothing.
Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

LBR - so it really is all baout color of skin isn't it ? ll of the talk of equality, color blindness etc is all lip service and in this country, color of skin makes you what you are huh ?
Just being realistic. I don't think the color of your skin makes you anything, one way or the other, but the fact of the matter is there are a lot of folks that will vote for (or against) a candidate based on little if anything more than skin color, gender, religious association, etc.

I have gobs of reasons tovoteagainst Clinton or Obama, and none of them involve skin color or gender.

Chad

Quick Reply: I was wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.