Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 can't we all just agree..... >

can't we all just agree.....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

can't we all just agree.....

Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: can't we all just agree.....

Eh la bas! My grandparents were Prevosts and LeBeauxs. Go hate yourself and leave my peeps alone.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

What?!!! Not good food? You sir are delusional! As a culinary graduate of Le Cordon Bleu...I must say, you never had a good Coq au Vin? Or how about a nice bouillabaise? No? Surely you don't like hollandaise, bearnaise, or bourdelaise sauces with your fish or steaks then....if you have had them? There is excellent french food, and then there is french food done poorly. That would be like basing your opinion ofa T-bone steak based on ordering one at Denny's....how about trying it at Ruth's Chris? But hey, don't let me stop you from hating in ignorance, I will just keep eating deliciously from a French perspective........
Old 01-30-2008, 03:45 PM

maybe americanized french food is good. but the food i had while in france wasnt good at all.

i think it's funny that people think you are 'ignorant' just because their opinion differs from theirs.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm, where did you eat by chance? I assure you I didn't learn "Americanized" french food....
Old 01-30-2008, 04:10 PM

it was either catered food, or hotel food (i believe it was the regina. no best western, mind you!) the actual food wasn't bad, but everything had some sort of heavy, hollandaise sauce. that ruined it for all of us. do the french ever worry about heart disease? my green beans had sauce on them!!! sauce sauce sauce!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

A dish isn't complete without the sauce though!!!! Heart disease, phaw! 'Tis a farce...lol....But you have to love how it all tastes!!!! So what if you use a pound or two of butter..... Remember, Butter is Better, Fat is your Friend, Seduce the Salt.....lol, I loved our Three Commandmentsof Cooking!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:20 PM

i can't believe my green beans had sauce on them. strange thing was - i didn't see a huge amount of 'large' people there.
Old 01-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because they don't eat as much! They eat well and richly in modest amounts....the calorimetric contents in most portions of french food are less than that of fast food, they just taste better and you don't eat as much! Eat until you are satisfied, not until you are full....that is why I am a strapping 150 lbs and 5'8"! But I pretty much eat 1/4 lbs of butter in my cooking on a daily basis....if not more!
Old 01-30-2008, 04:58 PM

damn french.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ahh, the people....well, let us just say that I have known some of my least favorite, as well as dearest friends/acquaintances that were French...pretty hit and miss in my book!

Quick Reply: can't we all just agree.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.