Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Help me out here.... >

Help me out here....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Help me out here....

Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help me out here....

Our primary will be here in a couple weeks. I still have no idea who to vote for, except it won't be ole Hillary. I need a website or something that I can compare my idea's and beliefs to the canadates. Anybody know of one? Also, what are your guys' thoughts on the lot? Dem. or Rep.

On the Dem. side, I haven't heard much on Edwards, Why wouldn't he make a good president?

On the Rep. side, I don't like McCain. Romney and Huck seem to be ok.I'm no political go-ru here,so would like some input. Seems with all the mud slinging, you don't know who's who? or who's telling the truth! God I hate elections.[:'(] Anybody know of any web sites?

Old 01-27-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me out here....

Well, sometimes it is not as easy as we like to assess a candidate. I look at their actual voting record; my inclination is that once in office, they will revert to that, regardless of what they have said to get elected. So it takes a little more web surfing to find that. Also, occasional articles come up comparing their history to their current statements. That way, you can piece together how they flip flop like a beach sandal. www.factcheck.org may possibly be helpful for you.

So I am skeptical on a couple things, eg, that Giuliani has moderated his view towards 2nd amendment, and that Romney is Pro Life. But, you just gotta look at what is important to you.

Good luck.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Little Doe Peep

I think they all have websites where they outline their "current' positions. You do have to consider their pasts though.

Clinton and Obama are both openly pro-abortion and anti-second amendment. That eliminates them for me.

Ditto for Giuliani.

Romney now claims to be anti-abortion and pro-second amendment but he has taken opposite positions in the past. I consider him a despicable hypocrite.

McCain is more or less anti-abortion and pro-second amendment, but they don't seem to be very important issues for him. I'm not sure I can depend on him to appoint a Supreme Court justice that would be substantially different from one appointed by Clinton or Obama.

Huckabee is reliably anti-abortion and pro-second amendment. He will definitely get my vote if he gets the nomination.

If McCain gets the nomination I will consider voting for him, but no guarantee. If Giuliani or Romney gets it, I will just pass on the vote for President.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

dsl, funny, I have always heard McCain was against the 2nd amendment. Maybe I've heard wrong. The problem with going to their websites for info, is they are gonna tell ya whatever to get them to elected. Just like a car salesman would tell you what you want just so to sell you a car. It's all lies in my opinion.
Old 01-27-2008, 07:39 AM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

dsl, funny, I have always heard McCain was against the 2nd amendment. Maybe I've heard wrong. The problem with going to their websites for info, is they are gonna tell ya whatever to get them to elected. Just like a car salesman would tell you what you want just so to sell you a car. It's all lies in my opinion.
I don't think he's anti-gun, but defending the second amendment is not a big deal with him. The same with abortion. I don't think he's pro-choice, but it's not a big deal with him. That's why I say he's squishy on those issues.

You're right about their websites. Romney has taken opposite positions in the past so you can't trust him at all. McCain is consistent but squishy. Huckabee is consistently and strongly anti-abortion and pro-gun.

Those are the two issues on which I decide. If there were two candidates with the same positions on those, I would have to look at other factors, but that's not the case here.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:06 AM

I might take another look sweetpea he is just a southern fried moderate to liberal. Big government also more than likely. I see nothing that gives me confidence in what he says. You made a argument that there is little difference yourself, therefore why vote for him. I am willing to listen.What is his claim to fame. foreign affairs? economy? Please Show me.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:11 AM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Venator1

I might take another look sweetpea he is just a southern fried moderate to liberal. Big government also more than likely.I see nothing that gives me confidence in what he says.
Big government doesn't scare me. We already have big government and we're doing pretty well. I've already explained that only two issues matter to me and Huckabee is completely conistent and firm on those issues.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:21 AM

Well if big government doesn't scare you vote for anybody Demo or Republican. If it doesn't scare you it should.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just found an interesting site, which matches you up to your best canidate via a questionair. http://www.wqad.com/Global/link.asp?L=259460 Check it out. I scored 50 and my canidate most suited for me was Huckabee.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Venator1

Well if big government doesn't scare you vote for anybody Demo or Republican. If it doesn't scare you it should.

Like i said above, I'm not real savy on politics. But from my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong, Liberals; are for more government, meaning programs, control, taxes, etc.... Conservatives; are for less government, meaning less programs, control, taxes, etc... but either of which can be either Democrat or Repblican. Choosing a president however, shouldn't you be choosing one who best meets your ideals, setting aside liberalism and conseratism? It's the house and senate that eventually make up our laws, taxes, and programs, the president only votes it into law, and if vetoed, it can still become law with an over riding vote in the senate. Therfore, isn't it more important on his ideals, rather than if he is liberal or conservative? For example, everyone claims ole Hillary is anti-guns, does this mean if she becomes president, we say goodbye to our guns? Hardly, That has to be brought up in the house and proposed as a law, then to the senate to be approved, and then to her to vote on. It is highly unlikely that such an event would occur, Not saying that I like Hillary here, It's just I believe in that if that occurs, our economy would be hit very hard, and our government, no matter how bad it is, I don't think would make that kind of choice, not especially with all that is and revolves around hunting as a sport and past time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.