Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Help me out here.... >

Help me out here....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Help me out here....

Old 01-27-2008, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Help me out here....

I scored a 63 with Romney but we disagreed on:

Immigration
Abortion
Energy
Gun Control
Education

So, thats makes it kinda hard.
Old 01-27-2008, 09:57 AM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

ORIGINAL: Venator1

Well if big government doesn't scare you vote for anybody Demo or Republican. If it doesn't scare you it should.

Like i said above, I'm not real savy on politics. But from my understanding, and please correct me if I am wrong, Liberals; are for more government, meaning programs, control, taxes, etc.... Conservatives; are for less government, meaning less programs, control, taxes, etc... but either of which can be either Democrat or Repblican. Choosing a president however, shouldn't you be choosing one who best meets your ideals, setting aside liberalism and conseratism? It's the house and senate that eventually make up our laws, taxes, and programs, the president only votes it into law, and if vetoed, it can still become law with an over riding vote in the senate. Therfore, isn't it more important on his ideals, rather than if he is liberal or conservative? For example, everyone claims ole Hillary is anti-guns, does this mean if she becomes president, we say goodbye to our guns? Hardly, That has to be brought up in the house and proposed as a law, then to the senate to be approved, and then to her to vote on. It is highly unlikely that such an event would occur, Not saying that I like Hillary here, It's just I believe in that if that occurs, our economy would be hit very hard, and our government, no matter how bad it is, I don't think would make that kind of choice, not especially with all that is and revolves around hunting as a sport and past time.
I think your observations are pretty much right on. Congress determines taxes, social programs, etc., pretty much how big or small government is.

But it's the president who appoints judges and, most importantly, Supreme Court justices. These lifetime appointments have, and have had, a tremendous influence on our lives. So that's how I base my decision. Please note the case that is before the Supreme Court right now, a very important second amendment case. We're not sure how it will be decided, but if the last two justices had been appointed by Al Gore or John Kerry, there would be little doubt.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Little Doe Peep

ORIGINAL: Venator1

Well if big government doesn't scare you vote for anybody Demo or Republican. If it doesn't scare you it should.
I don't know how you could suggest that, given that I have made it quite clear what my issues are.

Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 AM

don't know how you could suggest that, given that I have made it quite clear what my issues are.
I don't care how you vote, I am suggesting you might like to spend more time and make sure you are correct about you assumptions about Mr Huckabee. The issues as you explained them or as I understood them were gun control and abortion. Just possibly his views are shared by many and just possibly you might like to think about other issues very important at this time.
......As they say you can have the last word.

Mastevet

At one time you would have been correct about smaller government. It is no longer the case. In my opinion a person can no longer vote along lines established some time ago. It is a moving target now. What was once conservatism has been sold out. I can only suggest you have to spend more time looking at candidates than you once might.