Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 So Fred Thompson is out... >

So Fred Thompson is out...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

So Fred Thompson is out...

Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 PM

Default So Fred Thompson is out...

I'm probably gonna just vote 3rd party now because these other guys aren't conservatives... [&o]

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UB4A7G0&show_article=1
Old 01-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: So Fred Thompson is out...

Doh!
Old 01-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think this election might end up really bad. Especially if Huck doesn't start doing better.
Old 01-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

I'm probably gonna just vote 3rd party now because these other guys aren't conservatives... [&o]

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8UB4A7G0&show_article=1
Fred was the only one I didn't have anything against.
I won't vote 3rd party. This just means I will hold my nose when I vote. If McCain is the nominee, I will walk in and votewearing a gas mask, and hope I survive pushing his button.
Fred could have run a much better campaign.

It's pretty bad when you have to put all principles aside, and back thecandidate with the best chance to beat the Hildabeast. Voting 3rd party is not the way to do that.

C. Davis
Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 PM

I know, I know, but I WILL NOT vote for McCain or Guiliani under any circumstances, that's all there is to it. I would maybe vote for Huckabee, but his past bothers me, I know he is repositioning himself, but he has been a little liberal in the past.

If McCain or Guiliani got the nomination I would honestly (don’t freak out people) rather have Hillary become the next president so she can be a disaster like Jimmy Carter and somebody like Newt could come in 2012 and sweep us back into power the way Reagan did. My only fear is that the country would be so unrecognizable after 4 years of Hillary that there would be no getting back to true conservative values… [&o]
Old 01-22-2008, 03:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

They ever run Newt they'll be looking at another 4 yrs of a Democrat in office.
Old 01-22-2008, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like the writer's strike finally put him under.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Dominant Buck

Got to get all those people that aren't at the top tier to drop out so we can focus on getting the best person nominated. Momentum will go a long way as the election nears. If the GOP nomination is someone who gathers a huge majority of delegates it will be easier to take on the Clinton money machine at the big dance. So long Fred, I wish you ran a better campaign.

Old 01-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

If McCain can pull off Florida, I think he's pretty much a lock. I hate to see Thompson drop out, because I could've supported him easily, but he just flat ran a bad campaign. The only candidate who has run a worse campaign so far is Giuliani.

Huckabee's got my support, but I don't think he has much of a chance outside of the evangelical vote. I can probably vote for Romney, though I have several reservations about him. I will not, under any circumstances, vote for McCain or Giuliani.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:35 PM
bigcountry

It doesn't matter. The only one out of the bunch who can beat bama or hillary is McCain.AMcCain/Thompson ticket might be the answer. He's barely what you call a conservative. But moderate enough that he can pull votes from both sides. People that generally vote democrat might start thinking that the others are way too left field for them.

Quick Reply: So Fred Thompson is out...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.