Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 fan the fires of racism even more >

fan the fires of racism even more

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

fan the fires of racism even more

Old 01-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Banned

Default fan the fires of racism even more

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/01/10/tilghman.woods/index.html

Faldo said, "To take Tiger on, well yeah, they should just gang up for a while until ..."
"Lynch him in a back alley," Tilghman interrupted with a chuckle.

What does Tiger Woods say ?

Woods, who through his agent issued a statement saying he was friends with Tilghman and respected her, said, "We know unequivocally that there was no ill intent in her comments."

what does one of the leaders of the African American community say ?

But Sharpton says it is the word -- not the person or their history -- that matters. In a Wednesday interview, he compared Tilghman's statement to calling for a woman to be raped or for a Jewish-American to be sent to a gas chamber. Watch why Sharpton thinks apologies are insufficient »
"Lynching is not murder in general. It is not assault in general. It is a specific racial term that this woman should be held accountable for," the reverend said. "What she said is racist. Whether she's a racist -- whether she runs around at night making racist statements -- is immaterial."
Sharpton said he wants Tilghman fired, period. And if the Golf Channel doesn't comply, the network can expect to see Sharpton and his National Action Network supporters picketing its Orlando, Florida, headquarters.

Okay Sharpton, you complete IDIOT, Tiger IS NOT AN AFRICAN AMERICAN / BLACK MAN !

He can be said to be Thai American if anything.

Sharpton, by saying the above, means that color of skin is all that matters anymore - and THAT my friends, is true racism to the core

fire the fans of racism - its job security for the African American leaders
Old 01-11-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: fan the fires of racism even more

BD,

last time i checked, lynchings, in the context discussed by sharpton,generally occurred based upon the color of the victim's skin, not the victim's less-obvious ethnicity. your argument here is wide of the mark.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: boysda

BD,

last time i checked, lynchings, in the context discussed by sharpton,generally occurred based upon the color of the victim's skin, not the victim's less-obvious ethnicity. your argument here is wide of the mark.
boysda: Notwithstanding . . . Sharpton is an a$$ and needs to direct his attention to more substantial matters. He is undermining his own cause.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVJ14uL22R4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD5NqQR7nOc&NR=1

Many more where them came from.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Alsatian

boysda: Notwithstanding . . . Sharpton is an a$$ and needs to direct his attention to more substantial matters. He is undermining his own cause.
well, yes. I kinda presumed that was a given.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bd, Go get a good a make up job and then come back and tell us if it's skin color or ethinticity.

Sharpton is an idiot, but BD argument is getting really old.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:38 AM

simple fact of the matter is that without Sharpton, Jackson and etc. screaming racism all over the place they wouldn't have a job... its all about money... has nothing to do with racism at this stage in the game... I'd think the polling number of a black presidential candidate would be pretty damn good proof of that, no??

if racism ever becomes a non-issue shaprton, jackson, and the whole race baiting "klan" become irrelevant and their ego's and pocketbooks can't afford that... jesse jr. (an IL state rep in Springfield) NEVER, and I mean NEVER, gets into the race baiting, he knows what's goin on and he stays the hell out of it...
Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

Okay Sharpton, you complete IDIOT, Tiger IS NOT AN AFRICAN AMERICAN / BLACK MAN !

He can be said to be Thai American if anything.
I thought his father was African-American and his mother was Thai. Why do you seem to think he's "Thai-American if anything". Seems to me that, aside from the fact that he's really just an American (as are we all), he's just as much "African-American" as he is "Thai-American".
Old 01-11-2008, 10:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Somehow I don't quite see Tiger going back to Thailand and passing for Asian[:-]

But, if i was a sports commentator who wanted to have a long and successful career, I would delete the word "lynch" from my vocabulary. Racial connotations aside, it is still referring to killing someone and is not in particularly good taste. Whethr that merits havingAl climb up your butt is a different issue.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

When I was at the BC open the first year Tiger was on tour what was yelled at him from the gallery didn't have anything to do with being half Thai, nope it was hey you N******.

Quick Reply: fan the fires of racism even more

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.