Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Vote for me and you will live >

Vote for me and you will live

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Vote for me and you will live

Old 12-28-2007, 10:25 AM

Default RE: Vote for me and you will live

ORIGINAL: vc1111

I have strong suspicions that any "Fair Tax" will eventually be coupled with all the taxes we have now. Avoiding that suspicion requires one to completely ignore history.
No, it will not. H.R. 25 (The FairTax bill) repeals the 16th amendment which takes away the power of collecting taxes off of our incomes from the federal government. And by the way "FairTax" is one word, read the book.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Sureisaniceskimask

ORIGINAL: vc1111

I have strong suspicions that any "Fair Tax" will eventually be coupled with all the taxes we have now. Avoiding that suspicion requires one to completely ignore history.
No, it will not. H.R. 25 (The FairTax bill) repeals the 16th amendment which takes away the power of collecting taxes off of our incomes from the federal government.
A Bill passed by Congress can only propose the repeal of an Amendment to the Constitution. The actual repeal would require ratification by the States.

And by the way "FairTax" is one word, read the book.
So, is that some kind of Orwellian "newspeak" thing?
Old 12-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, it will not.
I've completed advanced studies in tax law. I've witnessed the changes over three decades. The citation of any proposal does nothing to defray my suspicion. Powerful reasons to retain existing taxes on federal, state, and local levels will most certainly go hand in hand with the proposal. There are countless stories of tax changes that were proposed and written one way and later altered to the detriment of the taxpayer.

And by the way "FairTax" is one word, read the book.
Actually fair tax is two words, despite their bastardization of the phrase.
Lastly, since the proponents lead off with disingenuous mutations of math and that is putting it politely, I'm hardly compelled to read the book.