Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Vote for me and you will live >

Vote for me and you will live

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Vote for me and you will live

Old 12-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vote for me and you will live

ORIGINAL: tommyjohnson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQEO2g5fcek

Demented and sounds like a rudy comment a while back and everyone was like,WTF. Huck is demented.
This video was great, the guy hunts, and isn't afraid to do so on the campaign, it would be funny to see Romney do this, and shoot a deer in the butt, and then get all kinds of bad comments from Whitetail Extreme and all the other organizations.

At the very least, Huckabee learned how to use a safety again.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thought it was funny.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

except he wont to cut income tax and put a 26% sales tax on all purchases and rich people invest there money not spend it
besides that he has my vote
ORIGINAL: Big Duane

I LOVED it - he's a frickin HUNTER, has a concealed weapons permit and can make jokes - I am falling very deeply in love with him
Old 12-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

except he wont to cut income tax and put a 26% sales tax on all purchases and rich people invest there money not spend it
I think the proposal is cutting income taxes, social security taxes, medicare taxes, estate taxes, capital gains taxes, etc. etc... Everyone will get a "prebate" so that the first XXXX dollars (not sure of the amount), effectively won't be taxed. This will ensure that low income folks don't pay much.

If the law requires employers to add their share of FICA and Medicare taxes back into employees' salaries, that will help push me towards supporting the proposal. No FICA or Medicare and adding the employer's share back to salary would amount to a 16% raise for everyone making under 100K per year, with no added cost to employers. But, they also need to exempt home purchases. It's outrageous that they'd want to collect a $60,000 sales tax on a $200,000 home.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

Here's an update on Huckabee's immigration plan. Apparently the folks at LULAC are ticked off, so it must be a good one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071227/...ee_immigration
Old 12-28-2007, 08:50 AM

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

I LOVED it - he's a frickin HUNTER, has a concealed weapons permit and can make jokes - I am falling very deeply in love with him
Well apparently now he's a dangerous hunter. I'm so tired of the media I wish he had of just shot them in the face.

http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2007/12/huckabees_muzzle_control_probl.html

Old 12-28-2007, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

i could see if people under 100k do not pay the sales tax at all and they cut the medicare and fica tax but i doubt that and 60,000 on a 200000 house dam i paid 1 dollar for my house lol yes adollar but myproperty tax are 5000 a year and the last time the house sold it was for30000 theysay the house is worth 170000
ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

ORIGINAL: bigtim6656

I think the proposal is cutting income taxes, social security taxes, medicare taxes, estate taxes, capital gains taxes, etc. etc... Everyone will get a "prebate" so that the first XXXX dollars (not sure of the amount), effectively won't be taxed. This will ensure that low income folks don't pay much.

If the law requires employers to add their share of FICA and Medicare taxes back into employees' salaries, that will help push me towards supporting the proposal. No FICA or Medicare and adding the employer's share back to salary would amount to a 16% raise for everyone making under 100K per year, with no added cost to employers. But, they also need to exempt home purchases. It's outrageous that they'd want to collect a $60,000 sales tax on a $200,000 home.
Old 12-28-2007, 09:56 AM

I think a few people in here need to do some research on the FairTax and get a better understanding of embedded taxes and what it would really do. You wouldn't be paying any more for purchases than you are right now, but you would be bringing home your entire paycheck. Go buy the book people.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:02 AM

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Only new homes would be taxed, and they would cost the same once embedded taxes are removed. Please read the book, and if that's not enough, there's a new one coming out in February that answers the critics.

http://www.amazon.com/Fair-Tax-Book-Saying-Goodbye/dp/0060875496/ref=pd_bbs_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=119885768 0&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/FairTax-Answering-Critics-Neal-Boortz/dp/0061540463/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=119885 7680&sr=8-3
Old 12-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have strong suspicions that any "Fair Tax" will eventually be coupled with all the taxes we have now. Avoiding that suspicion requires one to completely ignore history.

Quick Reply: Vote for me and you will live

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.