Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 OH YEAH!!!!!!!!! >

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-26-2007, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Try telling Romney and Paul to do this:

http://www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=972

Can you say: "Hunting Rights"?

A guy's got to believe in it if he's going to do this during the campaign, he's not getting California's vote after this, lol.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!

Didn't Kerry do the same thing when he was running for office?[8D]

Seriously he does seem to be no threat to hunting or the 2nd Amendment.
Old 12-26-2007, 02:39 PM

Lol, you beat me to it!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I saw the Associated Press story. Sounds like Huckabee is a bonafide experienced hunter, unlike some other politicians in the past -- not just Kerry. Of interest to me in the AP story was how they described the hunt. It evinced some lack of knowledge of hunting, although it did not portray hunting in a clearly negative light. For example, it talked about the hunting dogs "braying." I didn't think dogs "brayed," that sounds more like a mule. Also, do dogs howl or bark during a bird hunt or are they silent? They talked about the shotguns "blasting," which is a little melodramatic, but not inaccurate I suppose. The article mentioned that Huckabee shot a .12 gauge shotgun . . . the decimal point not a mistake but intended, as that was what the AP story used. A little lacking in knowledge.

Some good stuff that came out of the story were Huckabee's clear statement that, contrary to popular belief in some circles, hunters are true conservationists and provide significant support for species preservation. I wonder how the news media will spin that, or if they will even try. You know, Huckabee is the governor of Arkansas, and it was in Arkansas that the Ivory Billed Woodpecker was recently discovered to be alive when it was thought to be extinct. The reason the bird survived? Ducks Unlimited habitat preservation efforts. This is a well known story and no doubt about it. This was not brought up in this recent story on Huckabee, just my recollection.

I don't know anything else about Huckabee and can't predict if the Republican wheelers and dealers are going to select him as their party's nominee, but I feel he is sympathetic to hunters and gun owners from long experience and familiarity with hunting and guns.
Old 12-26-2007, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

A guy's got to believe in it if he's going to do this during the campaign, he's not getting California's vote after this, lol.
Unless its a democrat in which case we would now have 3 or 4 pages of guys talking about him just using it as photo op to buy votes.