Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Ford F150 more energy efficient that Prius??? >

Ford F150 more energy efficient that Prius???

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Ford F150 more energy efficient that Prius???

Old 11-09-2007, 08:21 AM

Default Ford F150 more energy efficient that Prius???

very long read (just over 450 pages), but has some interesting findings, you can get the point within the first 50-60 pages... Scion xB ($0.48 per mile) most energy efficient vehicle made, Jeep Wrangler also made the top ten there

over 120 vehicles ranked ABOVE the industry average ($2.28 per mile), the Maybach was number one least energy efficient at over $11 per mile (big surprise there eh?), prius was #41 at $3.25/mile, Ford F-series was barely above industry average at $2.40/mile (ranked about #118)

remember, this includes design costs, transport costs, materials manufacturing, and disposal/recycling costs all in terms of energy required over the life of the vehicle... personally, i found it quite shocking

http://www.cnwmr.com/nss-folder/auto...%20VERSION.pdf

are the greenie whacko enviro-nazi's more to blame now days than the SVU drivin soccer moms??

discuss
Old 11-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ford F150 more energy efficient that Prius???

All I know is, ill never buy a ford agian. I have a 2005 f 150 and a 2005 sport trac. Both have the worse gas milage of any vehicle Ive ever owned. I also have a 2002 monte carlo and a 2001 suburban. Both blow the fords out of the water when it comes to gas milage. I get 18 miles a gallon in my f 150, 16 miles a gallon in my sport trac, 21 miles a gallon in my suburban, and 32 miles a gallon in my monte carlo. All highway milage. I dont drive my fords much. I cant afford it.[:'(]
Old 11-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Dominant Buck

Now that im done with my rant and went off topic. I see what the article is getting at.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Sorry to get off track as well but I was in Fresno last week and my coworker when renting a car wanted a GPS system. They we all rented. So they said they would upgrade him to a premium car. He got a Prius. That's a bad enough joke to call that a premium. However to make matters worst, it would run and was broken to boot.