Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Obama Won't Pledge >

Obama Won't Pledge

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Obama Won't Pledge

Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Obama Won't Pledge

ORIGINAL: BenGarrett

ORIGINAL: manuman

I understand your frustration, but we must stay within the oarty, and vote Republican. Any vote for a 3rd party would ,in effect , be a vote for Hillary, by default, since it would lower the total votes in contrast to her loyal followers. RG wouldn't be ideal , to say the least, but he would be a afr cry from Hillary bankrupting this country in more ways than 1.
Horse crap.
Brings to mind H. Ross Perot. Clinton is thankful to him.

Sorry IPSC. I just noticed your response.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Really? Didn't Mr. Perot saddle us with Mr. Clinton? I would be a LOT more comfortable with Giuliani's nominations for the Supreme Court than Hillary's.
If, heaven forfend, Clinton is elected, it will not be because a bunch of voters voted third-party. It will be because the Republican party forced them to vote third-party because the candidate they propped up for the presidency is a limp-wristed liberal. Frankly, this old Perot-Clinton comparison is getting tiresome. If you want people to vote for your candidate, produce a candidate people can vote for. Otherwise, don't bitch when Her Majesty wins. A Clinton presidency, given the general public's distaste for her and her ultra-liberal record, should be merely a passing thought. Certainly not a probability. Instead, the Republicans want to nominate a candidate who cheated on and then divorced his wife (and announced it at a press conference before he told her) and moved into his gay friend's apartment while he was mayor of New York, who has a horrid record on many of the typical conservative initiatives, and then you want to cast the blame for a Clinton presidency on the conservative voters who make up a huge faction in the Republican party? I realize that very few people on this site support Giuliani, but the fact remains that "conservative" or "gunowner" and "Republican" are two totally different descriptions. I'm an independent. Therefore, I'm not beholden to the Republican party. Which is why when I see comments like "We must stay within the party," I have a little laugh. If the Republicans want my vote, they'll nominate someone I can vote for. Otherwise, they won't get my vote, because I sure as hell won't vote for Giuliani. I speak for many more than just myself, and that, my GOP-to-the-end friends, is why a Clinton presidency is a distinct possibility at this point.

I'm not going to vote for a snake in the grass to prevent another snake in the grass from being elected. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BenGarrett

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Really? Didn't Mr. Perot saddle us with Mr. Clinton? I would be a LOT more comfortable with Giuliani's nominations for the Supreme Court than Hillary's.
If, heaven forfend, Clinton is elected, it will not be because a bunch of voters voted third-party. It will be because the Republican party forced them to vote third-party because the candidate they propped up for the presidency is a limp-wristed liberal. Frankly, this old Perot-Clinton comparison is getting tiresome. If you want people to vote for your candidate, produce a candidate people can vote for. Otherwise, don't bitch when Her Majesty wins. A Clinton presidency, given the general public's distaste for her and her ultra-liberal record, should be merely a passing thought. Certainly not a probability. Instead, the Republicans want to nominate a candidate who cheated on and then divorced his wife (and announced it at a press conference before he told her) and moved into his gay friend's apartment while he was mayor of New York, who has a horrid record on many of the typical conservative initiatives, and then you want to cast the blame for a Clinton presidency on the conservative voters who make up a huge faction in the Republican party? I realize that very few people on this site support Giuliani, but the fact remains that "conservative" or "gunowner" and "Republican" are two totally different descriptions. I'm an independent. Therefore, I'm not beholden to the Republican party. Which is why when I see comments like "We must stay within the party," I have a little laugh. If the Republicans want my vote, they'll nominate someone I can vote for. Otherwise, they won't get my vote, because I sure as hell won't vote for Giuliani. I speak for many more than just myself, and that, my GOP-to-the-end friends, is why a Clinton presidency is a distinct possibility at this point.

I'm not going to vote for a snake in the grass to prevent another snake in the grass from being elected. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand.
Excellent Post!!!

+1
Old 11-01-2007, 03:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Good post Ben.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:34 PM

If anyone other than Ron Paul,Mike Huckabbe, Dennis kucinch or mike gravel gets in office. The American people will loose.. Any other candidate is a loose loose for America and this countrywill no longer souverein country withour our 2nd ammendment and patriots to take it back. Scary as it sounds, this will be the only way to get it back...
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Come on, guys, write me in. I'm energetic, rational, and unafraid of throwing nukes around if it comes to that. I will also support nationalefforts to clean up the gene pool. Thank you.

'06 in '08
Old 11-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

I like Ron Paul or John McCain or Obama, personally. I think they've got the most on theintegrity/brain matrix. I like Huckabee personally, but he's a bit of a fool, IMO. I can't vote for someone who doesn't believe in evolution; it's an indicator of gullibility, IMO.

(awaits imminent nuking from the religious right)[8D]
Old 11-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Boone & Crockett

"I'm not going to vote for a snake in the grass to prevent another snake in the grass from being elected. I'm not sure why that's so difficult to understand."

Bingo!!!

Have been a Republican forseveral decades. i'm pretty well bent out of shape at the Republican party.It does no good to write to the RNC, Rep. Cole,Senator Coburnor Senator Inhofe.They blather on and on abouthowthey love Jesus, apple pie, motherhood; and the need to supportthe party. Of course they never do anything. They just keep on swimming in their out of state contributions.

No one knows who Romney or Rudy Baby would appoint to the US Supreme Court. They would most likely appoint people like themselves; elite,snobbish gun hating liberals.

i am not going to vote for any evil at all.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Sprite, Dennis Kunich?????????????????????????????????
Old 11-02-2007, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: North Texan

The leading GOP candidate is a liberal, plain and simple. If he wins the nomination, I will vote third party. I would no more vote for him than I would Hillary.
Hear, hear.

Quick Reply: Obama Won't Pledge

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.