Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Ron Paul

Old 10-28-2007, 02:27 PM

Default RE: Ron Paul

POTUSlooking to me. This is one of the new TV ads for NH.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay4vXZWxeuU
Old 10-28-2007, 04:26 PM
bigcountry

Considering, I have a hard time remember his name, the nutball doesn't have a chance.

Old 10-28-2007, 04:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll bet he'd make a good mall Santa Claus.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Definitely not a Type-A personality... I suspect the guy pumps out less testosterone than Hillary.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:29 PM

Ok. I know I won't make many friends by sticking up for this guy. But he is the only candidate worthy of support. Plain and simple. All the others are either full of it or way off. I don't see how people cannot support this man. Have we forgotten where we come from? He is closer in philosophy to the founders thanany president we have had for years, decades, evenlonger some would say. Bar none. But it wasn't too long ago that Republicans and conservatives actually held some of those Republican and conservative values. What is ironic is the fact that I constantly hear conservatives and Republicans, and the guest host that was on Rush today for example, talking about all of these values that are lacking, mind you the SAME EXACT values that are the cornerstones of Ron Paul's campaign. Yet they ignore him.Even though they supposedly believe inmany of the same ideas that Ron Paul does, with the exceptionof the war in Iraq, which by the way:

"The constitution vests the power of declaring war in Congress; therefore no offensive expedition of importance can be undertaken until after they shall have deliberated upon the subject and authorized such a measure."
-George Washington

Ron Paul isABSOLUTELY NOTan isolationist. Not hardly. Please don't listen to mainstream media bull$#!%. ("Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. -Thomas Jefferson). He believes in trade, friendship, travel and diplomacy. Just not foreignintervention and needless wars. He believes in a humble foreign policy (like Bush ranwith in 2000, I might add). And just to make a point, the growing power of government is a far more real danger to our civil liberties than any terrorist organization could ever be. And so long as we protect our borders and have a strong national DEFENSE our national security will not be in much danger.

"Why forego the advantages of so peculiar a situation?--Why quit our own to stand upon foreign ground?--Why by interweaving our destiny with that of any part of Europe, entangle our peace and prosperity in the toils of European ambition, rivalship, interest, humour or caprice?"
-George Washington

He believes in reducing the size of government. Yes, this is a GOOD THING. He wants to phase out federal departments that weren't designated under the powers of the federal government by the Constitution, and leave those responsibilites to the states and the free market.

"I consider the foundation of the Constitution as laid on this ground: That 'all powers not delegated to the United States, by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States or to the people' (10th Amendment). To take a single step beyond the boundaries thus specifically drawn around the powers of Congress, is to take possession of a boundless field of power, no longer susceptible to any definition." -Thomas Jefferson

He wants to lower taxes after reducing spending. He wants to get rid of the IRS and the federal income tax, which is based on the idea that the government owns you (think about it, you have to pay the government for earning a wage from working).

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson

He wants to get rid of the Federal Reserve. Ever consider that maybe the reasonthat the value of the dollar has been steadily dropping is the fact that they keep PRINTING MONEY OUT OF THINAIR.

He wants to work towards eliminating the debt.

"We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt. We must make our election between economy and liberty or profusion and servitude. If we run into such debt, as that we must be taxed in our meat and in our drink, in our necessaries and our comforts, in our labors and our amusements, for our calling and our creeds...[we will] have no time to think, no means of calling our miss-managers to account but be glad to obtain subsistence by hiring ourselves to rivet their chains on the necks of our fellow-sufferers... And this is the tendency of all human governments. A departure from principle in one instance becomes a precedent for[ another]... till the bulk of society is reduced to be mere automatons of misery... And the fore-horse of this frightful team is public debt. Taxation follows that, and in its train wretchedness and oppression."
-Thomas Jefferson

He wants to get rid of the iron fist approach to government. He doesn't believe that the government should police people's personal lives.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." -Thomas Jefferson

He wants to put a stop to all the infringements upon the Second Amendment.

"No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
-Thomas Jefferson

"Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth."
-George Washington

Please check the man's voting record.

To not vote for the man based on his not looking "presidential" is an absurd notion. I don't give a rats behind what a candidate looks like so long as he stands for what is right.

Constitutionalist, Libertarian, crackpot, what is the difference right?[:@]

And to those who are too caught up in political parties, remember this:

"The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge, natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries, which result, gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation, on the ruins of Public Liberty."
-George Washington

Were Washington and Jefferson wrong? Is Ron Paul wrong? He is their best representative among the candidates, please realize that.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:37 PM

i like a lot of the things that ron paul has on his platform (cept his iraq view)... but he comes across as a stark raving lunatic... he's completely out to lunch... the one thats kinda growin on me is huckabee, though I don't think i'd vote for him as POTUS... i think he'd be an excellent veep candidate...

edit - one thing that i absolutely cannot abide from him though is his wish to return to the gold standard... if we did it would CRUSH this economy... it is not something we can just "undo"... a great arguement can be made that we never should have left the gold standard (I'd generally agree with that btw) but returning to it would destroy us...
Old 11-01-2007, 02:43 PM

but he comes across are a stark raving lunatic...
I guess you wouldn't of supported our founders then...
Old 11-01-2007, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: Sprite12

when fighting against a foreign govt like england, sure i'd support them... but for a guy trying to change a system from within, well.... ron paul's not the guy... to much compromise needs to be made... now, if we were talking about revolutionaries... different story...
Old 11-01-2007, 03:19 PM

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

when fighting against a foreign govt like england, sure i'd support them... but for a guy trying to change a system from within, well.... ron paul's not the guy... to much compromise needs to be made... now, if we were talking about revolutionaries... different story...
So you want to comprimise liberties for security are you saying? Your saying that Iraqis should fight against and kill Americans for invading their country illegal? I don't understand what you are saying here? You say that you support invasion of another country but don't support others invading ours?
Old 11-01-2007, 04:45 PM

Which one did you have in mind? The ones I can think of were never president.

Quick Reply: Ron Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.