Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Sanctuary cities? >

Sanctuary cities?

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Sanctuary cities?

Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Sanctuary cities?

Is it time to de-fund them?

I personally believe time has come for the Federal Government to cut off federal dollars for law enforcement unless they choose to cooperate with the federal authorities and turn over illegal’s they find. I’ve heard of the past stories about how the feds aren’t willing to take them, however now that argument doesn’t hold water today. Lately in the news have been the stories of no enforcement towards using the E-Verification system. They claim it could lead to false positives. Let’s force all employers into this system and if corrections need to be made, let make them after we find out the short comings.

Time has come to cut off funding just like highway dollars were used to make states raise the drinking age.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Sanctuary cities?

Amen.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lately in the news have been the stories of no enforcement towards using the E-Verification system. They claim it could lead to false positives
You happen to have a link to any of these stories?I understand what your saying and agree for the most part but this E-Verification thing Im not familiar with.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:50 AM
Dominant Buck

All these sanctuary cities are started when the local politics swings Independent/ progressive. Sounds nice while reading your free sub culture newspaper over a breakfast of green tea and tofu. In the end it will crash down all around them.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

"I’ve heard of the past stories about how the feds aren’t willing to take them, however now that argument doesn’t hold water today."

Tell that to OK LEOs who are forced to let illegals go every day bacause the feds will not take them. The big problem i have is that churches are hiding illegals. If a church group hides illegals they should be charged in federal court.

"Let’s force all employers into this system and if corrections need to be made, let make them after we find out the short comings."

Bingo. Now some nutcase federal judge has ruled that the Social Security Administration is not allowed to tell an employer that some illegal is usingan American citizens S/S number. Do not hold your breath while the liberal Democrat congress fixes this one.

Old 10-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

The problems caused by illegal aliens would disappear all on their own if somebody with a pair would simply dry up what attracts them, jobs provided by employers looking for the cheapest labor possible short of offshoring. Put a few CEOs in federal prison for hiring them and the problem will resolve itself, and all without trampling state's rights or going after muni goobermints. They won't stay here if there's no work, plain and simple.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think that going after the people that hire illegals is the best possible solution like Kevin said. But it will not necessarily solve the entire problem. It is amazing how much of an under the table, pay in cash economy there is. I'm not just talking about paying Juan cash to cut your grass. I know contractors and sub-contractors in south Florida that deal in hundreds of thousands of dollars annually in salaries that aren't even on the books with people who arent official employees. Targeting them would be somewhat tougher than raiding the local turkey processing plant.