Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Utah Miners

Old 08-23-2007, 04:43 PM

Default Utah Miners

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/20409161/

First off, I would like to say that the families involved are in my thoughts and prayers, and if I offend anybody, I apologize.

I was browsing through the above mentioned article and I read that the families were upset that the owners of the mind "went back on their word". The familieswere told that the miners would be recovered dead or alive.

Ten days after the mine collapsed, three rescue workers were killed trying to recover the bodies (I do not believe they were alive ten days later). The families of the deceased miners want the bodies of their loved ones out.

Are they in the right to put more lives in danger trying to get the trapped miners out?

If I were in their position, I would realize that recovering the bodies of the miners is not worth the risk of more people losing their lives. After all, the families of the rescue workers that died while trying to recover the trapped miners are feeling the same pain. What is the sense in putting more lives at stake?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:52 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Utah Miners

Myself, coming from mining country, I am kinda surprised by this decision. Its the smart decision IMO. But a hard one on the families.

I know growing up in Eastern Ky, whenever there was a disaster like this, you would have volunteers around the block, to risk thier lives going in. But I can't remember the rescue team suffering such highlosses as 3 deaths.

Old 08-23-2007, 05:12 PM

I think this mine owner did what he could and even more. These men knew eveyday they went to work just like many other occupations there is a chance of being killed on the job. It is sad. All the hell raising and pointing of finguers will not get these six bodies out. Murrey did what he could. Time to pray for thier souls much more important than the body.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

ditto
Old 08-24-2007, 06:05 AM
Dominant Buck

A sad day indeed but the right decision. The owner said the mine will be sealed forever. Tragic story for sure.