Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Budget Deficit decrease,  confused..... >

Budget Deficit decrease, confused.....

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Budget Deficit decrease, confused.....

Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Budget Deficit decrease, confused.....

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

ORIGINAL: ipscshooter

Mast... You're confusing trade deficit with budget deficit.

I give up! Either I read the dang article wrong or I don't understand what the article is trying to say. If you read my original post is said " The deficit was $248 billion last year. " Yet fieldmouse and others above give 2.9 trillion as a figure.
What that means is we had a $2.9 Trillion budget (This is what the governmentspent), but what the government actually collected via taxes was only about $2.65 Trillion (This is what they took from us). Thus, there was a ~$250 Billion deficit (This is how much more they spent than what they took from us through taxes).

To put it on a more individual level, let's say you earn $60,000 per year, but you spend $70,000 for the year. You've got a $10,000 budget deficit ...