Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Electric Cars >

Electric Cars

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Electric Cars

Old 07-01-2007, 09:45 PM

Default Electric Cars

Withtoday's Lithium-Ion battery technology, I say its time to give electric cars a second chance. Has anyone ever seen the Tesla electric car? http://www.teslamotors.com. 200 miles per charge. 135 mpg cost equivelant. 0-60 in 4 seconds... If we started mass producing a more practicalcar (sedans/SUVs) using similartechnology, we could make something the average American could afford and we could really make a difference.True, our methods of making electricity (burning coal) aren't much cleaner than burning gas, but it's stillan improvement over our current system, and we wouldn't have to deal with oil and the middle-east. Best of all, we already have the technology (unlike the whole hydrogen hype, whichis a real waste of time and will never work)
Old 07-01-2007, 10:12 PM

Default RE: Electric Cars

Hybirds are a joke. that toyota prius only has a 120k guarantee on the batteries and all 3 cost a total of $8,000. No thanks! Electric cars are an even bigger joke.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:39 PM

I'll buy one when it runs 500 miles on a charge, charges up in under 2 hrs., and comes with 4wd. Towing capabilty would be nice too.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:48 PM

ORIGINAL: frontier gander

Hybirds are a joke. that toyota prius only has a 120k guarantee on the batteries and all 3 cost a total of $8,000. No thanks! Electric cars are an even bigger joke.
Paying $3.00per gallon of gas to pay for Muhamad Alibaba's newyacht is the joke if you ask me.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

you hit the nail on the head there, Iheard ford's Escape batteries are around $2500 each, I could be wrong,and recommended replacement every 3 to 4 years. That's like replaceing and engine and transmission every 3 to 4 years. How many of you do that?
Old 07-02-2007, 07:27 AM
Banned

http://www.galwayindependent.com/motoring/12317.html
Old 07-02-2007, 07:40 AM
Banned

I've read the diesel hybrids will get upwards to 90 mpg

Electric cars COULD be the future, big oil companies will do everything they can to stop them though, another reason I am strongly against allowing a supply/demand type energy system. Water, Air, Energy ....... those three things you need to exist and allowing one to be a monoploy on peoples lives isn't a good thing
Old 07-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Dominant Buck

Electric cars are a very very dirty technology. People get sucked into the notion of it being clean and not poluting but the batteriess are hazardous waste and do need replacing quite often.

No thanks,
Old 07-02-2007, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hybirds are a joke. that toyota prius only has a 120k guarantee on the batteries
I disagree. My wife's car is a Prius and all the hybrid parts INCLUDING the battery, are guaranteed for 8 years or 100K miles. the master mechanic who works on my cars told me that the new Priuses are essentially bulletproof and require the absolute minimum in maintenance. I usually trade in my cars prior to the 8 year or 100K mark and it's guaranteed 'till then anyway. I was told they've had two batteries go bad in the last 7 years and both were replace under the warranty. We just drove from Maryland to the far side of Texas a week ago (0ver 1500 miles) and spent under $90 in gas with 3 adults in the car and running A/C the whole time. Try doing that with another car!
Old 07-02-2007, 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Mastevt

you hit the nail on the head there, Iheard ford's Escape batteries are around $2500 each, I could be wrong,and recommended replacement every 3 to 4 years. That's like replaceing and engine and transmission every 3 to 4 years. How many of you do that?

If you lease the car, you get a whole new CAR every 3 to 4 years... and I know a TON of people who do that. Also, you're talking about Ford's hybrid technology, which is well behind compared to other manufacturers

Quick Reply: Electric Cars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.