Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Evolution vs. Creationism: A Poorly Written AFP Article >

Evolution vs. Creationism: A Poorly Written AFP Article

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Evolution vs. Creationism: A Poorly Written AFP Article

Old 07-07-2007, 08:24 PM

Default RE: Evolution vs. Creationism: A Poorly Written AFP Article

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

ORIGINAL: Alpha Capo

Science/evolution doesnt tell you that your going to the worst place you can dream up for eternity for not beleiving in it....
this alone might be a big reason why Christianity/Bible isnt allowed to be taught or read in the Public Schools
I think you have come very close to the heart of the problem here.

There are many things that motivate people, the best one by far is fear.
If someone doesn't believe in God there is the fear that they might be wrong, and eternity is a long time. Since atheists don't pray they spend lots of time trying to prove (mostly to themselves) that God isn't and can't be real. Whether they realise it or not, it is to alleviate the fear in their hearts.

Fear is behind lots of stuff we do, the patriot act, gun control, and border fences are some recent examples. We do them though we know they will never work or make new, real problems. If it were really possible to evolve, we could get past this.

Maybe I'm a mutant.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:47 PM

Do I believe in the theory of evolution? Yes. Why? Because it makes sense. There is a wealth of evidence to suggest the plausibility of this theory when examined with logical order. Yet this theory has neither been disproven as nonsense nor accepted as law, and thus remains a theory.

Do I believe that the universe, the galaxy, the solar system, and the Earth were all created over a period of billions of years? Yes. Why? Because it seems to make sense when we put together some of the pieces of the big puzzle that we think we have found.

Do I believe in God? Yes. Why? Because I have faith. Because it is impossible for me to comprehend that the universe and everything in it simply appeared in a timeless nothingness, out of nothing, for no apparent reason. Because I can't believe that this miraculous, wonderful thing we call life spontaneously materialized out of lifeless matter for no reason, and to all our knowledge seems to only exist on this orbiting rock, in the vastness of space, that we call Earth. Because I refuse to believe that all of the incredible events in human history, all our failures, all our accomplishments, all our vices, blessings and knowledge are meaningless. After experiencing some of the things that life throws at you, it is difficult to not have faith.

I believe that many of the things in the Bible are deeply symbolic in nature more that anything else. I do not accept everything in the Bible literally to be absolute truth. But perhaps it doesn't have to make sense. Maybe that is the point. Maybe it is a reminder that our science can't explain everything, that there are some things that we cannot comprehend, that God is the one creator of the universe. Faith... Some people try to use science to disprove the existence of God. We can take note of the utter foolishness of this when we consider that we are all bound to the universe that God created, as so many of us do believe. For, if you believe, did God not create the universe and everything in it, and establish the forces and laws that govern the universe, the very laws that science is forced to follow of its own nature? I believe in science as a logical method we use to study the universe and the laws and forces that pertain to it, as God created them. Are we not simply placing labels on God's creations? We seem to be able to figure out how many things work. But the real questions are why, and indeed who? The 'who' many of us have faith in as God. The 'why,' we have yet to learn. Perhaps we are supposed to use the intelligence that God has given us to put together some of the pieces of the puzzle and maybe answer some of the questions we have.

At any rate, whether by random chance or divine purpose, we are here and we must figure out what to do while we are here.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:45 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Not trying to revive this thing, as IMO the facts speak for themselves. I just wanted to make a note about something I saw this past week while on vacation.

My family and I visited a huge aquariun in Chattanooga, TN, which also boasted an IMAX theatre. After touring the aquarium buildings, we went to the theatre. The only two choices were sea life and dinosaurs, and we'd just spent hours looking at fish, so we went to see the dinosaurs, even though I knew what I was in for.

I wasn't suprised to find an animated movie and some old archeologist footage which stated every theory they could cram into a short movie as fact, even one segment where "scientists thought this for a long time, but know we know they were wrong and this is what really happened". My 12 year old son was not impressed in the least--even he was able to point out impossibilities shown. The word "theory", or any variation of it, was never used even once. Everything was stated as scientific fact, even though they had to use animation to make it happen.

On a brighter note, my wife took my son to explore a cave about an hour away from an archery tournament I was attending in WV, and the tour guide plainly and boldly stated that he, and the owners of the property, believed the Genisis account of creation and didn't proclaim that the caves were formed by millions of years of this or that. At least they were honest in stating their opinions/beliefs.

Chad
Old 07-16-2007, 06:37 PM

ORIGINAL: LBR

Everything was stated as scientific fact, even though they had to use animation to make it happen.
Given how hard it has been to find real live, or dead for that matter,dinosaurs since the end of the Cretaceous period 65 million years ago, it does not surprise me that someone making a movie about dinosaurs these daysmight have to resort to animation.

Caldoc

Caldoc
Old 07-16-2007, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

Chad sounds like you have a wise kid there. I actally heard a guy teaching a group of kids evolution, with a big athiest slant. Said that they could create one cell organisms by pouring amino acids in hot organic liquids. One full proof way to prove evolution. Would have been great , if it havent been a complete lie.

To bad there are still some guys around that are sticklers for the facts. But this kind of educational format has been done before. Teach one point of view, not allowingopposing opinions. AdolphHitler. Have a nice day

Old 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

We have giant sea turtles, salt water crocodiles, Komodo dragons, monstorous alligator gar,etc. alive and well today (suppossedly practically no different than their ancestors), but that wasn't the point. The point was that some of the claims were so ridiculous that they could only be done with animation--no chance of any kind of real life replication of a scenario--the only way to make it work was with a cartoon.

DM, I am proud of him--he gets innundated with evolutionlike every other youngster at school, but he has already figured out his brain is a good as anyone else's, and just because some teacher or "scientist" makes a statement that doesn't make it fact.

Chad

Old 07-17-2007, 08:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

After reading this thread since it started I still don't know how we got here and still really don't care.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Dangermouse

Teach one point of view, not allowingopposing opinions. AdolphHitler.
To be taught in science classes, opinions have to be supported by scientific evidence. There is no scientific evidence for the opinions associated withcreationism and that is why, under our Constitution, it is not allowed in science classes in public schools. If so called "creation scientists" would actually do some scientific research that yields evidence for their "theory" rather than trying to simply denigrate the theory of evolutionthrough quote mining and exploiting the scientific naivete of most Americans, they might get a different reception from the courts.

Caldoc
Old 07-17-2007, 08:02 PM

It is not allowed because it was ruled to be religious doctrine, which it is. The truth of it never entered into the argument. Read the decision. Creationism being ruled religion by old lawyers doesn't make evolution true. The decision didn't validate creationism or evolution, it just made creation "official" religious doctrine.

Wait, I think I posted this before somewhere. Deja Vu all over again.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:18 AM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

Deja Vu all over again.
And again and again and again. Christians are honest enough to admit their beliefs are based primarily on faith, evolutionists are not. Not unusual for honesty to be punished, especially where the courts/government is concerned.

No point in re-hashing the complete and total lackof concrete evidence for evolution, or the hypocracy involved. I just wanted to point out recent and first-hand experience of the dishonest presentation of evolution.

Chad

Quick Reply: Evolution vs. Creationism: A Poorly Written AFP Article

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.