HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Politics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics-16/)
-   -   Breaking News (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/politics/192193-breaking-news.html)

Aught Six 05-22-2007 06:41 PM

Breaking News

Bush's seat belt usage not locked down

EXCLUSIVE: Bush wasn't wearing his seatbelt while driving around the ranch!

OK, so the feds are pushing the Click It or Ticket program again. All fine and good. And Bush apparently doesn't wear his seatbelt 100% of the time while operating a motor vehicle. Could be embarrassing if he made it a regular display. But going without iton hisprivate lane? Is this this stirring the Anti-Bush pot or really telling us something that matters? I've seen a lot of cheap shots over the past few years, so it wouldn't surprise me.

bigcountry 05-22-2007 06:44 PM

RE: Breaking News

You know ifferd and bawan will be all over it.:D

Aught Six 05-22-2007 06:47 PM

Oh, my anticipation grows with each moment that passes without them... ;):D

Fox72 05-22-2007 07:24 PM

From another forum:

The Pope is visiting Washington, D.C., and President Bush takes him out for an afternoon on the Potomac, cruising on the Presidential yacht, the Sequoia. They're admiring the sights when, all of a sudden, the Pope's hat (zucchetto) blows off his head and out into the water.

Secret Service guys start to launch a boat, but President Bush waves them off, saying, "Wait, wait. I'll take care of this. Don't worry."

The President then steps off the yacht onto the surface of the water and walks out to the Pope's hat, bends over, picks it up, and then walks back to the yacht and climbs aboard. He hands the hat to the Pope amid stunnedext morning, the headlines in the New York Times, Boston Globe, Atlanta Constitution, Washington Post, Boston Herald, Buffalo News, Houston Chronicle, Milwaukee Sentinel-Journal, Minneapolis Tribune, Denver Post, Albuquerque Journal, Los Angeles Times, Lexington Herald-Leader, and San Francisco Chronicle all proclaim:

"Bush Can't Swim!"

BillyMack 05-22-2007 08:16 PM

It is pretty lame. I'd atleast though he'd be driving an F-350. [&:]

Seatbelts, haircuts, jeez what's next? "He cocked up his right leg and NOT his left"? ;)[8D] Oh yeah--- [X(]

Red Lion 05-22-2007 08:23 PM

I think there are some here that would prefer that Bush drives/rides without his seatbelt all of the time, just in case. ;) BS issue. Who here ALWAYS drives or rides with a seatbelt on? I sure don't about 15-20% of the time. Just a case of people with way too much time on their hands.

Aught Six 05-22-2007 08:54 PM

I think there are some here that would prefer that Bush drives/rides without his seatbelt all of the time, just in case. ;) BS issue. Who here ALWAYS drives or rides with a seatbelt on? I sure don't about 15-20% of the time. Just a case of people with way too much time on their hands.
Actually, I do wear mine 100% of the time, and require my passengers to as well, although I've never had to harass any of them. It makes a hell of a lot of sense, and if you compain about it being uncomfortable or restrictive, I take it you're on the sensitive side. It was one of those lessons my parents gave me very young, and it has always stuck with me.

But my grandpa owned and operated ahorse farm and rode his beat up '79F-150 without the seat belt constantly. It made me very uncomfortable, but he was on his property in his truck working his business, so I let him be. Besides, while bad accidents potentially could happen at low speeds on dirt and gravel lanes, it's not a serious problem for most people, as far as I know. As long as the law is obeyed when it applies (on public roadways), I say back off of Bush and go rake some other muck.

petasux 05-23-2007 05:58 AM

I cant see the issue here, seatbelts arent even required on private property, just public roads.I dont wear one most of the time but with a 20 mph speed limit through town here accidents are rare, matter of fact I can only recall one.Highway or rural gravel roads Ill usually wear it.

bawanajim 05-23-2007 06:27 AM

ORIGINAL: Aught Six
Actually, I do wear mine 100% of the time, and require my passengers to as well, although I've never had to harass any of them. It makes a hell of a lot of sense, and if you compain about it being uncomfortable or restrictive, I take it you're on the sensitive side. It was one of those lessons my parents gave me very young, and it has always stuck with me.

Why would anyone except the dumb one to wear a seat belt,nothing else he does makes any sense.
Maybe we can fill a cabinet post with some minority figure to be in charge of Wya's safety.[:o][:o]

bawanajim 05-23-2007 06:29 AM

Of course we all know God is Wya's copilot.;)