Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

W.T.F.

Old 04-16-2007, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: W.T.F.

My daughter is in her third year at a small school here in PA, and this scares the **** out of me .

To many parents this is going to be a very long and sad day.

If this proves out to be what I think , there could be serious repercussions!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

It keeps getting worse. 32 dead!!!!!!!1

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266310,00.html
Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just talked to my brother-in-law (he's a LEO...) and from what he said, the asian guy was wearing a bullet proof vest and had two 9mm handguns with multiple 9mm mags inside the pouches of the vest. He just went from class to class, blasting people at random! [&:][:'(]

Butch A.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now we get to hear from all the anti-gun freaks on the evils of guns.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:37 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

Now we get to hear from all the anti-gun freaks on the evils of guns.
Yep, this one is going to hurt in 2008. I know alot of people down in VA are in misery and thier lives are upside down, so I don't want to downplay it with our gun rights.

Old 04-16-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

The surge in the call for gun conrol will be bigger in the aftermath of this incident than any we've ever witnessed. No other single incident of gun violence, not even Columbine, can come close to the gigantic proportions of this, none has seen the type of non-stop, day-after-day press coverage that this one will receive, and none has shocked the nation the way that this one will. The sheer numbers alone, of 32 dead and 15 wounded, is almost beyond comprehension. The gun control advocates will take immediate and full advantage of this opportunity.

Sadly, this is exactly what it will be to many of them: An opportunity. I have no problem with people standing up for what they believe, whether they're for or against gun ownership. But go to the Brady Campaign's website (bradycampaign.org). They already have this splashed all over their homepage. That's cheap and more than a little despicable, in my opinion.

What will be interesting to see is how much play this receives in the halls of Congress. If gun control bills are to be introduced, they'll come from the Democrats. And the Democrats have been very quiet on this issue since regaining power in November. Even the efforts of one rogue member to renew the AWB cannot garner support from colleagues. As I stated in November, I don't think the Democrats have forgotten the setbacks they suffered in the '90s that were in large part due to gunowners. I'm not simple-minded enough to think that the Schumers and Feinsteins of Washington have changed their stripes. But my thinking all along has been that they'll play the gun control issue close to the vest until after the '08 elections, when they've had a chance to strengthen their majority in Congress and/or get their person in the White House; that they'll bide their time, more or less. With the exposure and the sympathy (which will increase exponentially in the coming days, weeks and even months) that this incident will provide them, it'll be interesting to see if their strategy changes.
Old 04-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Absolutely horrible.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, this sucks. I have not yet finished processing all of the details here. I just know that there are a lot of hysterical people around here who have gone, are going, or knows people who have gone to VT. There are also some real psychos out there as well. What a mess.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:03 PM

Unbelievable... Horrible news.[:'(]My thoughts go to the families.

I bet the anti gunners are just licking their lips now. Why do all of these terrible shootings happen in "gun free" zones?

Old 04-16-2007, 07:45 PM

First, I would like to extend my thoughts and prayers to the families of the victims. But I would lke you to look at something.

none has seen the type of non-stop, day-after-day press coverage that this one will receive, and none has shocked the nation the way that this one will. The sheer numbers alone, of 32 dead and 15 wounded, is almost beyond comprehension.
When I heard this all over the media,I was saddened by what is sure to follow. More cries about those evil guns. I do not understand why this is such a shock. I mean, shocked that it happened but not that it could happen. It was only by the grace of God that the many other shootings have not reached these proportions. The media is playing this to the max. Sadly, no one wants to address the underlying problem. This is another example of a tragedy that will be exploited with no real interest in preventing another similar situation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.