Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Ill gun ban

Old 03-30-2007, 06:39 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ill gun ban

The most commonly used firearm for crime is the .22 cal. Prestleys sells no .50 BMG's. Gotta go down there for a pickup today as a matter of fact.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: t roy

so you're basingyour opinion of the people of Illinoisfrom your experience withcriminals from Illinois and some army reserve units. That certainly isnt a good example of common sense.

Your right, and I would not apply to all from ILL, but I was being honest based on experience.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:02 AM

Some things are better kept to yourself. I have all kinds of oppinois on a lot ofdifferenttopics but, I don't go looking to stir the pot and make a broad statement to intentionally offenda population. You can say "no offense"but it doesn't really mean anything.I guess it is just a personality type.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:19 AM

ORIGINAL: jaysweet3

Some things are better kept to yourself. I have all kinds of oppinois on a lot ofdifferenttopics but, I don't go looking to stir the pot and make a broad statement to intentionally offenda population. You can say "no offense"but it doesn't really mean anything.I guess it is just a personality type.
I never stated anything so broad as to include all or even most folks from ILL and was clear from the start. I guess in hind sight I could have left the statement out, but far from something out of line. You are welcome to take it any way you wish.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

If you know anything about the State of Illinois, you know that the clowns from Chicago pretty much control the agenda.

South and West, folks are much more conservative and much more pro-gun. Springfield Armory and Armalite are based out of Geneseo, Illinois, Rock River Arms isn't far away, nor is Les Baer custom. I believe there are a couple other similar manufacturers/custom shops in the State, but don't recall off the top of my head. The United States Practical Shooting Association used to hold their annual pistol championships in Illinois, not far from St. Louis.

t. roy and 14mercs... I was born in Geneseo, had relatives in/near Princeton, raised in the Chicago suburbs, went to Western Illinois University in Macomb, and University of Illinois in Champaign/Urbana... I've met my share of folks with little or no common sense from pretty much everywhere. But, obviously, there are decent people pretty much everywhere as well. Don't take the blanket comments too seriously. I make them from time to time as well, particularly referring to the loonies from Kalifornia or to New Yorkers who were insane enough to elect the likes of Hillary Klinton and Charles Schumer, or Bostonians who keep sending Teddy the Murdering Drunk back to the Senate...
Old 03-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

That's just about stupid...
Old 03-30-2007, 08:10 PM

Ugh I just had to click on it, didn't I... [:@]I can't tell you how P!$$&D off this stuff makes me. People are just so stupid..............
Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

the whole fear about .50cals is that they are sacared that a terroirst can get ahold of one these sniper rifles and shoot a commercial jetairliner out of the air. But the simple fact is that a jet airliner flies at about 30,000 feet roughly 6 miles in the air, I dont think even a trained army or marine sniper could make a shot at that range let alone an untrained terrorist who only shooting expreinece is spray shooting. On top of that these airliners are flying at about 400 mph try making that shot at anything flying at 400 mph.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 PM

Hey, if you ask me...all Bostonians are alright as long as they don't like the RedSocks