Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 hang on to your guns guys... >

hang on to your guns guys...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

hang on to your guns guys...

Old 03-24-2007, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Default hang on to your guns guys...

[:@] Here's some examples of what we have to look forward to in the area of 'loss of rights' under the current DemCongress and coming Klinton administration. Hide your guns boys it's gonna be a rough 8 yrs coming:

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...s&news_id=55305

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/ge...ame=2007_record

http://jpfo.org/alert20070321.htm

Not an NRA member? Shame on you.
Not a LIFE member, shame on me for not inviting you. The 750 can be paid quarterly.

Please take the time, skip a case of beer, or a carton of coffin nails,

JOIN THE NRA.

The entire future freedom of this country depends on it, on me, and on you
Old 03-24-2007, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hang on to your guns guys...

I'm all for folks joining the NRA, and for encouraging folks to join the NRA.

But I've said it before and I'll say it every time I see someone insinuate that gunowners who are not a member of the NRA are somehow letting down their fellow gunowners: One person who is not a member of the NRA (or the GOA, for that matter) but who works vigilantly for gun rights is worth two people who pay annual membership dues to the NRA then sit on their respective derrières for 12 months doing nothing.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

Don't you just HATE the anti-gun liberals in this country!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Democratic party is filled with them, to a somewhat lesser extent, so is the Republican party.

BTW, I'm a member of the NRA and support their stance on gun rights and punishing criminals-not gun owners!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Typical Buck

Of course the statists in our government want to take away our right to bear arms - they always have & always will. It's certainly not time to become defeatist & give up. Hiliary hasn't been elected president & it's not inevitable that she will be elected. The "new" leadership in congress has over-reached on other things so far, which has caused them grief - it's not a stretch that they will over-reach on gun control within the next year & a half. It is very possible that a strong candidate will join the pres. race on the republican side - one who is strong on all our civil rights - Fred Thompson.

Now is not the time to hunker down to absorb punishment, it's time to regain the offensive to keep our rights in place.
Old 03-25-2007, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Whitehorse

Of course the statists in our government want to take away our right to bear arms - they always have & always will. It's certainly not time to become defeatist & give up. Hiliary hasn't been elected president & it's not inevitable that she will be elected. The "new" leadership in congress has over-reached on other things so far, which has caused them grief - it's not a stretch that they will over-reach on gun control within the next year & a half. It is very possible that a strong candidate will join the pres. race on the republican side - one who is strong on all our civil rights - Fred Thompson.

Now is not the time to hunker down to absorb punishment, it's time to regain the offensive to keep our rights in place.
I couldn't agree more......Fred Thompson!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

It did not takevery long for the anti-gun Democrats to start quoting Mr. Zumbo. Personally i think that Zumbo timed his remarks very carefully in order to do theworst possible damage to our cause.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Zumbo made a stupid remark but I will never be convinced that he meant any harm to hunters and gun owners. Just from being around for a while, I clearly see that he is far from the only person who run their mouth without engaging their brain.

However the Dems are another story altogether. As a party they lean hard toward more gun control. For that reason, I would crawl through forty miles of broken glass before I will ever help put one in office. Ever if some of them are pro-gun when they go in, their leaning is to vote with the rest of the party on most issues. I won't chance it.
Old 03-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: BenGarrett

I'm all for folks joining the NRA, and for encouraging folks to join the NRA.

But I've said it before and I'll say it every time I see someone insinuate that gunowners who are not a member of the NRA are somehow letting down their fellow gunowners: One person who is not a member of the NRA (or the GOA, for that matter) but who works vigilantly for gun rights is worth two people who pay annual membership dues to the NRA then sit on their respective derrières for 12 months doing nothing.
Ben, you're right about the effectiveness of somebody who is proactive. They do accomplish much more than somebody who simply pays annual dues to the NRA.

Unfortunately, many gunowners don't do anything more than pay dues to the NRA and many gunowners don't even do that. $35 a year doesn't sound like much (2-3 cases of beer) but it defintely adds up to a lot of 2A activity when you multiply it by a few million gunowners. Just 1 million additional gunowners joining the NRA at $35 each means an additional $35 million in the NRA's warchest. That would be huge in many elections.

Now imagine if 10 million gunowners joined the NRA and paid $35 each per year for the next 10 years. That's $350 million to turn back all of the stupid gun control laws on the books. Can you say CCW in all 50 states, instant background checks and no .50 caliber rifle restrictions??
Old 03-25-2007, 05:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

"For that reason, I would crawl through forty miles of broken glass before I will ever help put one in office. Ever if some of them are pro-gun when they go in, their leaning is to vote with the rest of the party on most issues. I won't chance it."

Sounds like youconsider your gun rights secondary to other kinds of stuff. Let me remind you that38 Republicans voted for the Feel Good Assault Weapons Ban in 1994. 77 Democratsvoted against the AWB. i would vote for a lesbian athiest if she ran as a pro-gunnerand wasopposed by an anti-gunner.
Old 03-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Fork Horn

The answer.

http://draftfredthompson.com/index.php

http://www.meetfredthompson.info/

Get involved.

Quick Reply: hang on to your guns guys...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.