Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Another Look At Animal Rights >

Another Look At Animal Rights

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Another Look At Animal Rights

Old 03-20-2007, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Another Look At Animal Rights

Berlin gripped by fate of polar bear cub Knut

The fate of "cuddly Knut" has gripped the German capital since his birth in December. Rejected by his mother Tosca, the cub was adopted by a zookeeper who moved into the animal's enclosure to care for him round the clock.

Some animal rights campaigners think this will humanize the bear too much and want the zoo to stop saving young animals.

"Hand-rearing a polar bear is not appropriate and is a serious violation of animal rights," Bild newspaper quoted animal rights campaigner Frank Albrecht as saying.

"In fact, the cub should have been killed," he added.

Now, I agree that nature has worked things out on her own, and for good reason. However we're speaking about semi-domesticated animals in a zoo, not polar bear cubs snatched from the Arctic tundra. If an animal is born under the supervision of human care-givers in an artificial environment, it makes little sense to turn our backs and claim that animals do not have a right to be cared for.

The moral of the story is that animal rights nuts simply loathe humanity (or its qualities) and feel that we of lower worth than all of the other animals around the world. I'm all for nutjobs hating themselves, but when they try to drag society down the tubes with them, enough is enough.

Keep up the pressure on these kinds of fruitcakes...
Old 03-20-2007, 03:55 PM

Default RE: Another Look At Animal Rights

What the...??? That doesn't even make sense. A violation of animal rights? It appears the animal rights movement doesn't know what it stands for either. I don't feel the cub should be killed, of course, but how would not killing it be a violation of animal rights? I disagree with the animal rights movement, but isn't this idea totally against what the animal rights movement stands for in the first place??? Wouldn't animal rights activists generally be against killing animals?

I forgot... we are dealing with nutcases... Please forgive me.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wouldn't animal rights activists generally be against killing animals?

I forgot... we are dealing with nutcases... Please forgive me.
At first thought, I would agree. But I've fraternized with some of these nuts before, back in my anarchist punk days. They are nihilistic, self-destructive youth with little direction or purpose in life, except to destroy. The feel weak and vulnerable, and therefor they lash out at those around them.

It sounds crazy because, in many ways, it is. But it's true for a lot of people. It's a definite streak you'll see through the animal rights community.

"It's not fair that some people have all the power and money and influence. They are corrupted, and have corrupted humanity. Thus humanity must be destroyed to preserve the integrity of the universe. For the sake of the beautiful and harmonious animals that are everything we selfish man cannot be."

You really do have to keep an eye on these people...
Old 03-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys are fogetting that these people are Germans, the Germans believe that everything must be perfect, or destroyed.

For example, my mother speaks some German, and studies it, but she hasn't had much practice, and has a few rough spots here and there, but we're in Germany, and my dad is talking to her, saying that she should speak German with what she knows, and she'll learn the rest.
Well, they're in a hotel while he's saying this, renting a room, and the German innkeeper who knows Englishoverhears this, and he blurts out, "NO! You will speak my language well!!!! or not at all!!!!!!"

My dad said later that he felt like this " I would tell youwhat I think about you now, but I need a bed and a roof over my head."

I'm telling you, Germans will always be Germans,the rest of Europe knows this well, especially the Slavic nations, from which I have someancestral decent.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

You guys are fogetting that these people are Germans, the Germans believe that everything must be perfect, or destroyed.

For example, my mother speaks some German, and studies it, but she hasn't had much practice, and has a few rough spots here and there, but we're in Germany, and my dad is talking to her, saying that she should speak German with what she knows, and she'll learn the rest.
Well, they're in a hotel while he's saying this, renting a room, and the German innkeeper who knows Englishoverhears this, and he blurts out, "NO! You will speak my language well!!!! or not at all!!!!!!"

My dad said later that he felt like this " I would tell youwhat I think about you now, but I need a bed and a roof over my head."

I'm telling you, Germans will always be Germans,the rest of Europe knows this well, especially the Slavic nations, from which I have someancestral decent.
I don't know about that, younggun. Sounds a little ridiculous to me, IMHO. I speak German and have traveled in Germany. Many Germans can be a little bit grumpy, but then again, just about everyone everywhere is. The German language isa little complex at times, but it is logical, and pronunciation is pretty standard. I can't blame any native who wants it to be spoken well. I really don't appreciate foreigners coming up tomespeakingmangled English and not understanding why I don't understand.

So anyway, yes, there are a some Arschlöcher here and there. But, more specific to your claim that imperfection should be destroyed, there is the cultural phenomenon of German Guilt (Deutsche Schuld), whereas the generation that grew from the ashes of WW2 were indoctrinated with a sense of shame and guilt for the terrible things that their country had done and/or allowed to happen. The newer generations are more indifferent since they don't feel any responsibility for WW2, but they're not out to destroy imperfection, as you put it. The youth there are just as spoiled and unmotivated as the ones here in the U.S. I've always believed that our countries have more in common than otherwise.
Old 03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some people just need to be punched in the head... no I have a GREAT idea. The guy who said the bear should die should do his animal rights duty and go and "talk" to the mother polar bear and tell her to take back her cub... Problem solved and it will save on polar bear food! Everyone wins!
Old 03-21-2007, 05:31 AM
Dominant Buck

The only workable solution to the ARFs is to either institutionalize them for being insane or euthanization for the public good. My own position on the matter would surprise no one.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

You ever see those animal shows where the lion cub wanders off by itself for a minute and pack of hyenas show up and rip it apart.The whole time the narrator "saying this is hard to watch but we must not interfere with the natural order" or something to that extent.

In the case of this polar bear we interfered when we captured it and caged it in the zoo.The argument the cub should die because its the natural order went out the window long before the cub was ever born.People can be stupid, this is no exception.