Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

[Deleted]

Old 03-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Kids can cuss-out Teachers? Okey Dokey!

Sad thing, your not far off the mark. Like I mentioned in another post, I got my hands tied. I have had students cuss me a green streak. In front of other students and administration, at that. I had asked the kid to remove a baseball cap when he entered school (which is a school policy), and he came unglued. Cussed me, attacked another student who was laughing,and ran out of the buildingnot returning that day.The parents of said kid put the blame on me. "Why do you have the right totell my kid what to do?" Was the underlying gripe by them.They had little concern that thischild just used every profanity he ever heard in response to rules his parents had to agree on before he was allowed to attend said school (which is documented with the parents signatures). The worse that came ofthis situationwas, I was punished. The student couldnt be removed frommy class, and was not allowed to be punished. To solve the problem, he was placed in AEP (alternate education program) where I had to go and teach him one on oneduring my own time. We wonder why schools have turned into stink holes? Its because the kids/ingrate parents have the power, which is backed by the courts, and the educators have none. But who gets the blame for little Johnny not being able to read? Ill leave that to yall to discern.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 03-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

The kid attacked another kid? As in physically assaulted him? And the school does nothing about that? That is sooo messed up. Not that I'm condoning the kid cussing you out and getting away with that because that is wrong too. In CA, that kid would have at minimum been suspended from school and possibly expelled. I realize that doesn't always solve the problem but at some point, you have to remove the problem, usually less than 5% of kids and parents who want to ruin the educational process for everyone else. Some people will never choose to play by the rules and should not be allowed to ruin the opportunity for everyone else.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:07 AM

It is very sad when kids are allowed to cuss at others in school and have no consequences and then the teacher gets some sort of consequence for enforcing school policy? Sounds like a law suit waiting to happen by a teacher who finally gets fed up, as if you are appropriately enforcing a policy then there should be no consequence.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:15 AM
Super Moderator

Ditto what Red Lion said.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:16 AM
Dominant Buck

Your going to love this Cal. The young man I was speaking of was not put in AEP for cussing me. He got no punishment for that, it took the physicalasualt to get him removed from the school population. Here in Texas, a kid has to be in school unless he has graduated oris 18 years of age before the start of the school year. I have had convicted felons in my classes while growing up. When I was in school, there was a murderer in my class. He gunned down 4 people on a crack deal gone bad. Until he was convicted, the school could not remove him from its population. It finally took all the parents pulling their kids out of school to get the state to allow this kid to be keep in a class by himself. (thank you liberal, feel good education plan). This was back in the early 80s, but the mindset has not changed a bit since. Actually has gotten worse.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

How can Texas be so darn right about the death penalty, RKBA, 2A, CCW, hunting, etc. and be so wrong about schools????

[>:]
Old 03-20-2007, 11:23 AM

It seems that our public education system is permanently broken. It is no wonder that the best educators are not in the majority of teachers employed. Who would want to work under those conditions? There is no way my kid will talk to an adult like that!

My son told me once that I couldn't touch him (spank him), he could call thepolice. I asked him if he had any idea how long it took them to respond, or what could happen in that time span, and what kind of mood I would be in when I got out. He got the point.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
Dominant Buck

Im afraid its a national trend. They try to keep kids educated, even at the expense of the ones who will and can. Accountability in the public schools has taken a horrible turn. It use to be; The kids were accountable for learning what the teacher taught. Now its; The kid is accountable for nothing because its the teachers responsability to magically make him learn. All done with the educators hands tied.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.