Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Trigger Happy Copy >

Trigger Happy Copy

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Trigger Happy Copy

Old 03-19-2007, 01:09 AM

Default Trigger Happy Copy

Cops now-a-day are so trigger happy. We need to make a statement and put some of them in jail for murder. The case in New York is a prime example. Even if they have probable cause to shoot the guy, it was over doing it. Another guy in Detroit was shot close to 30 time by cop.
Old 03-19-2007, 02:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Trigger Happy Copy

They must be taking lessons from the Chi Vang deer hunters!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 03-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

My understanding is that once a police officer reaches a point where they believe lethal force is justified, then they are supposed to eliminate the threat. If that takes 30 rounds then so be it. The other thing to keep in mind is that handguns are not particularly accurate, especially on moving targets. That's why on some of these top cop videos you see an officer burn a whole clip of ammo in his pistol and not even come close to hitting the suspect. So, I don't think its an issue of a cop standing over a guy and actually shooting and hitting him 30 times in most instances.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

I was thinking exactly the opposite of what you said.I dont think that they use lethal force enough.If they did we would not have to worry about spending our tax dollars to feed and house all of these inmates,Just shoot them were you find them,thats what i have always said.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Box of shells=20$

20 years in prison=damn expensive

Thinkbrushbustin just figured out how to fix the national deficit
Old 03-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: chaivsnichol

Cops now-a-day are so trigger happy. We need to make a statement and put some of them in jail for murder. The case in New York is a prime example. Even if they have probable cause to shoot the guy, it was over doing it. Another guy in Detroit was shot close to 30 time by cop.
Are you related to the Chai Vang of Wisconsin fame?

You've listed 2 incidents and I think we've only seen part of the information for one incident. You've offered your conclusions but haven't stated why you think they are valid. If a car was trying to run you over, is that a deadly threat that could very likely seriously injure or kill you? If the person driving the car appears to be deliberately trying to run you over, do you think it would be wise to fear for your life? If you're not able to evade that same car but do have a gun in your possession, do you think it might be legal, prudent or even wise to shoot at the driver in the vehicle to protect yourself? And given that same scenario, do you think the driver of that car is truely unarmed (i.e. does not have a deadly weapon)?

I'm curious to hear your answers.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:11 PM

30 RNDsand someare saying isn't trigger happy on one person? 30 RNDS to kill one man and I would have to send all those police officers back to police academy. 30 RNDS of lead being fired aimlessly tells me they are trigger happy and just hoping for a hit. Yes, Trigger happy I would say also.

The person who stays calm for 2 seconds only needs one shot.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator

When you get put in that kind of high stress situation (whether it's combat, being shot at somewhere in America or even when it's just somebody trying to run you over with their car), let us know how you do. Tell us about being calm, cool, collected, taking 2 seconds for that "one shot" and, oops.....you just got run over, shot, killed.

Things happen a lot quicker than at the range. Real life isn't nice, neat, with range masters, whsitles, alibis (for why you didn't get your shot off), etc. Real life goes very quickly and people who take too long (sometimes only 2 seconds) get killed.

Also, when you shoot at a car trying to run you over (or your partner) and the car doesn't stop trying to kill your partner, do you keep shooting? What do YOU do when that one shot just didn't stop the threat to you or your partner's life?

I'm not trying to slam you or anybody else who wanders about why so many rounds were fired. I can tell you that life isn't as neat or simple as we would like it. Those guys may have been wrong in how many rounds they fired or maybe they really were justified. Obviously a grand jury or some charging body felt that way. However, those charges are sometimes filed (especially with a grand jury) when all of the vidence has not been examined. I would wait until a jury hears all of the evidence (we won't get to hear or read everything until the trial is over) and then see if you still think they were wrong.

As far as only using 1 shot, have any of you ever heard of or practiced the failure drill, aka Mozambique drill? You typically fire 2 shjots at the suspect to stop the threatened action (gun, knife, whatever deadly weapon) and check for results--i.e. did it stop the threat? If it didn't, you assume body armor, extrmely drunk, drugged up or just plain crazy is preventing body shots from stopping the threat. You then take a head shot and evaluate. Just about any serious combat or self defense school teaches you to evaluate the results of your shot(s) and determine if the threat has been stopped or you need to fire more shots.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was under the impression police shootings were usually pretty thoroughly investigated to make sure they were justified anyway.What difference does the number of bullets used make?I watched a program on the bank robbers that robbed a bank in LA I believe while wearing full body armor,there were hundreds if not thousands of shots fired to take those 2 out, the bullets were hitting but not doing anything.Ive heard of people on PCP and Crank that have been hit multiple times and never flinched, just kept going.Add in the fact handguns arent the most accurate weapons in the world and thier trying to use them under the worst conditions possible while ensuring no innocent people are injured and its amazing to me theres not more stories like this.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Quick Reply: Trigger Happy Copy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.