Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Non Hunting > Politics
 Animal Rights... >

Animal Rights...

Politics Nothing goes with politics quite like crying and complaining, and we're a perfect example of that.

Animal Rights...

Old 03-14-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Animal Rights...

What do you guys think. I actually had a long debate with a rather crazy PETA member. After a while I just had to give up because it got too nutty for me. Apparently its immoral to eat meat. Also, according to this nutjob nature is immoral and wrong because animals consume others for nutrients. Other carnivorous and omnivorous speciesare wrong for eating other animals, but can be forgiven because they do not know any better. Also, according to this person, Darwin's theory of evolution, survival of the fittest, is a horrible, disgusting concept. This is a good example of thelack of sanity amongst these people. The scary part is that alot of them are otherwise educated, but lack fundamental common sense and logic.I tried over and over to explain that one can not apply morality or right and wrong to nature, that morals are guidelines of right and wrong concerning the actions of humans towards other humans and interactions between humans. The fundamental moral principles of Judaism, Christianity and Islam are all based upon these human ethical standards. I tried to explain that because of this, and because the consumption of meat is a natural product of speciation, it is not worthy of moral consideration. I also tried to explain that animals have no inherent rights or moral entitlements. The concepts of rights and morals are wholly human concepts. Humans developed these concepts as methods of regulating or controling the actions of humans towards other humans and interactions between humans, and that only humans have the mental and emotional capacity to comprehend these concepts. Therefore, other species are not subject to these entitlements.I feel that animals have no moral entitlements, but that we as humans with the capacity to feel empathy towards other sentient beings have an ethical responsibility to treat other animals with respect. I believe that ethics arebasic principlesof right and wrong that are intended to govern basic actions and activities. I personally distinguish ethics from morals.I feel that morals are fundamental standards of right and wrong that have deeper emotional, often religious roots that are set to govern the interactions between people and dictate how people should live their lives. Your thoughts?
Old 03-14-2007, 02:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Animal Rights...

"Animals have the right to remain eaten. Any noises they make probably will not be used against them in a house of slaughter. They have the right to be tasty. If they cannot afford to be tasty, flavoring will be provided for them."

Know your rights!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:26 PM
Fork Horn

I think you put forward a good case to this nuttjob. It just shows that some people are beyond hope, reason, and common sense. There are more and more of these people every day.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:37 PM

the fact that they said even animals are being immoral by eating each other is incredible! i dont think a lot of ppl in PETA actually agree w/that statement (i could be wrong tho) but it just shows u how nuts some of them really are.

it amazes me how something man has been doing for thousands of years is all of a sudden immoral in the past 50yrs or so. soon they might say pooping is wrong b/c we don't need to eat solid food, we should just drink liquids.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Individuals such as this PETA type complainer were probably traumatized by a hamburger as a child.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM

Oh, and by the way, that PETA nutjub called me a speciesist. You know, like racist, except speciesist forfavoringthe human species over others. [&:][>:][:@][:'(]

That came as a result of me trying to describe why humans alone have moral entitlements etc.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:07 PM

Someone better tell these pelicans aboutbirds onbirds doesn't look good for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QNNl_uWmQXE
Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Aught Six

"Animals have the right to remain eaten. Any noises they make probably will not be used against them in a house of slaughter. They have the right to be tasty. If they cannot afford to be tasty, flavoring will be provided for them."

Know your rights!
ROTFLMAO!!
Old 03-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

This individual you were debating obviously has a very unrealistic idea that somehow or other his/her PETA extremist philosophy trumps nature. I think it would be a considerable waste of time to think you could ever convince someone so far out of the mainstream of his/her error.

It's not a problem until you realize that our children are being indoctrinated with these kinds of ideas in our schools. If I can remember, I'll have my daughter add her comments to this thread when she gets home from school.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Dominant Buck

If the animal rights nutjobs were ever to live up their own BS philosophies they would all be leaping off of cliffs like lemmings out of shame for what we as a species have done to the animal kingdom. Personally, I dream of such a day coming to pass and will gladly offer the first to the edge a push out of respect for their resolve...

Quick Reply: Animal Rights...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.